News:

• May 28, 2024, 02:24:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2020 CLPA Nationals Coverage......  (Read 9983 times)

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
2020 CLPA Nationals Coverage......
« on: June 18, 2020, 09:38:22 AM »
2020 Nats Official Precision Aerobatics Schedule

Sunday July 12:

Beginner and Intermediate Aerobatics
Beginner Event Director; Michael Stinson
Intermediate Event Director Bob Brookins

Location; grass circles
7:00 am- practice
8:00 am- registration
8:30 am-Pilots meeting
9:00 am- first flights

Monday July 13:

7:00 am to dark- practice
2:30 pm- Pilot/airplane processing/appearance judging begins
3:00 pm or as processing is complete- Pilots meeting
6:30 pm- Judges classroom training session- Head Judge Wes Eakin, location TBD

Registration for Classic, Nostalgia 30 and Old Time Stunt will be at the tent before and after the meeting for Official events

Pilots will be given circle assignments and flight orders as they leave the meeting
Pilots will vote for the Concours Award after the meeting

Tuesday July 14:

7:00 am to dark Aerobatics practice (each day as follows)
7:00 am- Judges field training Circle 4.  Volunteer pilots to fly for the training see the ED at the Monday meeting.
Classic, Nostalgia 30 and Old Time stunt
Event Director Bob Brookins
7:00 am- practice
8:00 am Pilots meeting
8:30 am-first flights begin

Wednesday July 15th

Open, Advanced Aerobatics Qualifying rounds

Event Director David Trible

7:00 am-Judges warm up flights Circle 4
8:00 am- Qualifying round 1 begins Circles 2,3,4
After lunch break round 2 will begin

Thursday July 16:

7:00 am- Judges warm up flights Circle 4
8:00 am- Qualifying resumes, rounds 3 and 4
Announcement of Qualifiers follows the conclusion of flying
Circle and flight order assignments issued

Friday July 17th:

7:00 am-Judges warm up flights Circle 4
8:00 am;
     Advanced Finals
     Open Semi-Finals (Top 20)
Presentation of Winners- Advanced
Open Top 5 flight assignments

Saturday July 18th:

7:00 am- Judges warm up flights Circle 4

8:00 am-Open Finals begin Circles 3,4

Junior Aerobatics- Circle 2
Senior Aerobatics-Circle 2

Jim Walker Cup Flyoff

Awards Presentation follows the conclusion of flying

Notes:  Practice flying the week prior to these events appears to be open for both the grass circles and LPad.
Pilots be sure to follow your flight orders and report to the pits at least four flights prior to your flight for pull testing.  Be prepared to move up in the order should pilots in front of you pass or experience problems and take an attempt.  We are short help so please don't make your Pit Boss track you down.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!

AMA 20934
FAA Certificate FA3ATY4T94

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: 2020 CLPA Nationals Coverage......
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 09:40:30 AM »
Hope you guys/gals have a great time. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2020, 11:52:00 AM »
A bit of an update.  Head Judge Wes Eakin will hold the classroom portion of the judges training in the boardroom upstairs at AMA HQ Monday evening at 6:30 pm.  The flight line training will be at 7:00 am Tuesday on Circle 4.  He asks for volunteers to fly (2) for that training.  I also will seek volunteers to fly morning warm up flights each morning.  Once we get to Friday and Saturday I will go down the list of the non- qualifiers to see who would like that honor.

Dave
AMA 20934

Online Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Electric - The future of Old Time Stunt
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2020, 08:59:09 PM »
Thanks for posting this info Dave.  Much appreciated.  See you in a few weeks.
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX
Electric - The Future of Old Time Stunt

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2020, 05:10:21 PM »
As I was quickly reading through some emails I discovered something in one from Doug Patterson that I should mention.  I was not aware of a change in rules that allow this year for flyers to enter BOTH Classic Stunt and Nostalgia 30.  The contestant MUST use separate airplanes for each event.  In the circumstance where you are flying in one event and you are called to fly on another circle you will be moved down a couple flights on that circle so that you can re-group and get set up on the second circle.

Dave
AMA 20934

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2020, 05:11:36 PM »
The Official ‘I made the cut’ shirt for Open and Advanced qualifiers.
AMA 20934

Offline Joseph Patterson

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
  • AMA member- Supporter
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2020, 09:17:45 AM »
    Thanks Dave for singling that out . It could have easily been overlooked in the contest flyer. The competitors always seem to work out the switching and dropping down real well. You certainly have some great guys in Bob Brookins and John Paris handling these events. I need to add that if someone is flying an OTS model he, or she may also fly the same model in either Classic, or N-30, but not both. Most of the competitors know this anyway.
    Doug

« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 05:19:24 PM by Joseph Patterson »

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2020, 09:54:01 AM »
Well Doug I'm glad you pointed that out as I was unaware of it. 
Couple other things....I was asked if mufflers were required for beginner.  I know of no such rule.  I can only refer to the Classic/N30 rules where it states that mufflers are SUGGESTED but not required.  With the Combat guys and Pylon roaring around us there you might not hear your unmuffled airplane anyway.
Also heard from Allen yesterday after he'd gotten a look at the LPad repairs.  He said it's now better than anytime in the last five years but the heat there had caused the new patch to sink down a little into the cracks since it was applied so we may still do some taping.  He had said that this past winter the cracks had widened considerably so the new patching must have helped that greatly.

Dave
AMA 20934

Offline Joseph Patterson

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
  • AMA member- Supporter
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2020, 05:08:32 PM »
    Dave, we've never had rules governing use of any kind of mufflers in the CL/N-30/OTS events at the NAT'S. I don't believe they had any rule addressing that in BEGINNER competition, but Mike Stinson could answer that better than me.
    Doug 

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2020, 07:08:47 AM »
AMA 20934

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2020, 07:12:18 AM »
Thanks to Howard for the graphics and info-  here is where we stand today.  I’m doubting it will change much at this point.  We will maintain the Top 20 in Open and will have a Top 12 for Advanced.

Dave
AMA 20934

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2020, 08:36:23 PM »
We have an urgent need for another tabulator or two.  We are down to just one as of this evening.  Perhaps any of the wives or family coming might be willing to help.  We will get you trained in short order.  Your help is greatly appreciated.

Dave
AMA 20934

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2020, 10:22:35 AM »
Knowing the stunt community you should not have no problem with getting help where needed. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Offline Doug Moon

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2020, 02:11:09 PM »
The Official ‘I made the cut’ shirt for Open and Advanced qualifiers.

I would really like one of those shirts.

I have that plane in my garage in the plane hangar.
Doug Moon
AMA 496454
Dougmoon12@yahoo.com

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2020, 02:17:12 PM »
I would really like one of those shirts.

I have that plane in my garage in the plane hangar.
Doug I think I will have a few extra.   If so I'll send you one for when you fly that beast.

Dave
AMA 20934

Offline James Holford

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2020, 08:07:06 PM »
Another Nats comes and Im not going to be there. Maybe next year.

Will be following!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Jamie Holford
Baton Rouge Bi-Liners
Lafayette, La
AMA #1126767

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2020, 09:23:42 AM »
Today I'm making final preparations to leave.  I will be on site Friday. 
One thing that is becoming obvious is that we will be painfully short in crew, except perhaps judges-I think we are holding up there OK so far,  at least for Official events.  I have no idea about the Unofficial events, I've left that to our able Directors.   We have ONE pit crewman.  I will ask him to oversee BOTH pits but it will require that I put the pilots on the honor system and 1. Ask they be on time to the pits and 2. Mostly do their own pull testing with their helper.  Ask if you need help getting the correct weights loaded onto the test rig.  MOST of those competing have been here before and know the routine.  For those who haven't PLEASE don't be afraid to ask.  I just received word of someone coming forward to help with tabulating.  Thank You Colleen Gilbert!   They could still use a bit of help so don't be afraid to jump in.
I want to remind pilots we will be doing pilot and model processing differently this time.  The plan is to start around 2:00 pm Monday but if we are ready to begin a little sooner then so be it-maybe 1:30.  You will be required to get in the check-in line with your airplane and stay with it through the entire process until it is placed in it's designated row for the "Concourse Walk".  BTW I've seen the Concourse trophy made by Mike Stinson-It's Gorgeous!!  I'd post a picture but messed up and accidentally deleted it.  Once again DO NOT GO TO THE 180 BUILDING!  The whole process will be done at the LPad.
As I had said earlier there will not be an on-site PAMPA meeting this time.  The EC will have an on-line meeting since quite a few of the members will not be there this year and this is one less close-quarter meeting .  I'm hoping yet today before I leave to get at least a P&L statement from the new CPA and if so I will post it at the Nats.  With the Covid it was IMPOSSIBLE to find an accounting firm to do our taxes.  Very few have any interest in doing non-profit corporation taxes.  I'm told many don't know how and they can be complicated.  I finally found someone just last week once things started to open a little, and he is working from his home office.  We are filing an extension and get  finalized once I return home. 
Chris Rud will not be able to make it this time.  He will be very happy to instruct someone who IS coming on how to operate the 'Live Scores' function on the PAMPA website and keep the world informed in real time.  He just needs that volunteer....................

Dave
AMA 20934

Offline John Paris

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2020, 11:58:39 AM »
Everyone,
Not trying to hijack the thread but N30/Classic/OTS signup traditionally takes place during the airplane processing and pilot's meeting on Monday so be on the lookout for either me or Bob and Elaine Brookins under the big top to get the AMA form filled out and your name on the list so we will have a flight order for Tuesday.  Event fees will be due at that time as well.
Thank you,
John Paris
John Paris

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2020, 11:40:02 AM »
I spend the morning on site at AMA helping (watching) the guys get the trailer in place, the score board and pull test rigs out to the LPad, checking out our new tent digs and the LPad repairs.  We actually have three tent canopies lashed together.  This isn't as much space as I had envisioned but it will work.  It will be a choice of US under the canopy or the rows of airplanes.  As long as it isn't raining we will put the airplanes outside.  Once we are through with our meeting on Monday I have no objections if our vendors want to set up inside.
The LPad repairs look very good.  I don't think we will need any tape from what I saw.  I asked about the wooden circle centers for the grass circles and was told they are working on it.  You will find at least two hand washing stations set up around the pavilion. 
Be aware the on and off ramps off Hiway 35 to Memorial Drive are closed.  You must get off the exit BEFORE-Hiway 32 I think-then follow the detour signs.
Today is really too windy to fly and we've already had the normal pop-up storm here.  More are threatening.  Tomorrow looks to be even more windy so getting any practice is doubtful.  However Sunday is looking much better for now.  The LPad and the grass area are fully open to fly throughout.
When you arrive you will not be allowed inside HQ to check in.  Instead you will drive past the LPad to the old farm house to check in or register.
The museum is open for your enjoyment.  I think they are under a 50% capacity requirement but there are never that many in there to worry about.  Hours for the weekend are 10-4 pm.
Lastly and most important thing is...........The old Dairy Queen is open again!!!!!!!!!!

Dave
AMA 20934

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2020, 12:16:48 PM »
Dave,  glad you made it safe and sound.   Are the mask requirements in effect?   Anyway hope all you guys and gals have a great time.   Also look forward to reports from some of the attendees. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2020, 01:14:43 PM »
Dave,  glad you made it safe and sound.   Are the mask requirements in effect?   Anyway hope all you guys and gals have a great time.   Also look forward to reports from some of the attendees. H^^
Doc you see a few around the stores wearing masks but not near as much as back home there (other than employees- all masked).  Surprises me a little since they already had it quite a bit worse here than home (or maybe WHY)?  However now it's getting much worse in our area since they lifted restrictions.  I put together a couple field kits for any wishing to use them.  Inside are paper towels, hand sanitizing wipes,  spray disinfectant and gloves.  There are also a few AMA-supplied masks for any wanting one and hand sanitizer around and I'll have a couple bottles of it at the pavilion.  NO GERM WILL GO UNPUNISHED!  You will also find 6 ft. social distancing signs about.

Dave

Addendum;   I asked Yolanda if the contestant list showing on the website was correct and up to date-she rolled her eyes-guess maybe not.  SO I had her print me off what she has and I will spent the afternoon at the hotel updating all four or five memory sticks with the computer programs loaded on and forward the updates to Howard who is monitoring from the West Coast.  Brought my airplane to fly a little.....the weather is laughing at that.
AMA 20934

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2020, 03:59:36 PM »
Just found out that the Iron Man competition here was cancelled in the last week or two since the governor held back a bit on total reopening by now.  I think I need to go re-negotiate my hotel room bill-especially for this weekend...........paid stupid money to be here due to IRON JACKED rates.........

Dave
AMA 20934

Online mike londke

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2020, 05:06:56 PM »
Just found out that the Iron Man competition here was cancelled in the last week or two since the governor held back a bit on total reopening by now.  I think I need to go re-negotiate my hotel room bill-especially for this weekend...........paid stupid money to be here due to IRON JACKED rates.........

Dave
Dave I cancelled and re-booked my room yesterday and saved $200.
AMA 48913  USPA D-19580  NRA Life Member  MI State Record Holder 50 way Freefall Formation Skydive  "Don't let the planet sneak up on you"

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2020, 05:49:13 PM »
I think I'll talk to them in the morning.....The charger to my Nats computer just crapped out....Best Buy is closed tonight but it's doubtful they will have something to work on this dinosaur.   At least there are a couple more that can run Windows are on the way....
AMA 20934

Offline Trostle

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2020, 06:04:15 PM »
Just found out that the Iron Man competition here was cancelled in the last week or two since the governor held back a bit on total reopening by now.

Dave

Interesting that the Iron Man competition in Muncie has been canceled but the Nats continues on.

Keith

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2020, 06:36:06 PM »
I may have to get some more shirts made. "Real Iron Men Fly Stunt"   y1

Dave
AMA 20934

Offline EricV

• Lieutenant
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2020, 06:59:40 PM »
I think I'll talk to them in the morning.....The charger to my Nats computer just crapped out....Best Buy is closed tonight but it's doubtful they will have something to work on this dinosaur.   At least there are a couple more that can run Windows are on the way....

Dave, this :

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Onn-Universal-45W-Laptop-Power-Adapter-Charger/540687592?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&wl13=3747&&adid=22222222227158962257&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=t&wl3=366386482690&wl4=pla-448510165578&wl5=9012146&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=local&wl12=540687592&veh=sem&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzvfGn__D6gIVCtbACh026QtbEAQYAyABEgJI8fD_BwE

Price $5 for in-store purchase only!

In stock at Muncie, 1501 E 29th St

EricV

Offline the original Steve Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
  • Fly Stunt!
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2020, 09:43:09 PM »
Hey Dave, Steve from St. Louis here and on my way Saturday!  Should be in Muncie by 5pm.  Will be on the grass with Bob Brookins judging Intermediate on Sunday morning!

Thanks for making this happen this year with all the stuff to deal with.  We will make it a NATS to remember!

Thanks,
the original Steve Smith
AMA 2112

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2020, 04:47:49 AM »
Dave, this :

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Onn-Universal-45W-Laptop-Power-Adapter-Charger/540687592?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&wl13=3747&&adid=22222222227158962257&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=t&wl3=366386482690&wl4=pla-448510165578&wl5=9012146&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=local&wl12=540687592&veh=sem&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzvfGn__D6gIVCtbACh026QtbEAQYAyABEgJI8fD_BwE

Price $5 for in-store purchase only!

In stock at Muncie, 1501 E 29th St

EricV
Eric Thanks!  I googled that up after I posted last night.  Went over there and got one-couldn't find the $5 job but got a nice $20 one that is working great.  I think I made four Walmart runs yesterday. 

Dave
AMA 20934

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2020, 04:57:19 AM »
Hey Dave, Steve from St. Louis here and on my way Saturday!  Should be in Muncie by 5pm.  Will be on the grass with Bob Brookins judging Intermediate on Sunday morning!

Thanks for making this happen this year with all the stuff to deal with.  We will make it a NATS to remember!
Super!  Thanks for stepping up (as usual) and helping out Steve.  This one will be unusual in some ways but it's coming together and will be a real contest I think.  Once you get out to the field it's business as usual.  If things don't change greatly next year maybe we will have tried a couple new ideas that work out and the next ED will continue with them.

Dave
AMA 20934

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2020, 05:19:30 AM »
Checking weather for tomorrow's contest:  partly sunny with winds 5-8 mph with some gusts to 12.  We also may have some showers which might delay Beginner and Intermediate here and there.  Bring some rain gear and extra shoes and socks!  Today still looks like winds 10-14 mph.  Maybe it will lay down in the evening for practice.

Dave
AMA 20934

Online Matt Colan

• N-756355
  • AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2020, 09:03:52 AM »
I’ll hopefully be getting there in time for the evening practice session tomorrow. Can’t wait! Looking forward to seeing everyone
Matt Colan

Offline TDM

• Captain
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2020, 11:48:49 AM »
I am leaving tomorrow morning too. I have a lot of work to do once I get there.
Each goal you meet is a moment of happiness
Happiness is the harmony between what you think and what you do. Mahatma Gandhi

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2020, 03:51:47 PM »
It's been a windy day here and there were only two who got a few flights in,  Steve Millet and John Blanchard who is here for the first time.  Louisiana was well represented.  The Event Directors for tomorrow are here and ready to go.  The fields look to be in good shape.  Storms were approaching so those here made for the hotels.  The circle markers and pits were freshly painted today on the LPad.

Dave
AMA 20934

Offline James Holford

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2020, 04:01:07 PM »
Glad to hear Steve and John made it up there alright. Our club in Baton Rouge is rootin for them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Jamie Holford
Baton Rouge Bi-Liners
Lafayette, La
AMA #1126767

Offline John Leidle

• Captain
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2020, 08:14:50 PM »
   I'd be interested in the repair work on the Lpad.
        John L.

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2020, 04:14:02 AM »
Yesterday went well for the Beginners and Intermediate event.  The morning was actually pretty cool and few brought clothing for that.  It was in the mid-upper 60's and never got over about 75 in the afternoon.  Then a storm came but cleared out and made for a perfect evening for practice.
Today the regular show begins with the Pilots Meeting and Appearance Judging.  To those here,  PLEASE remember this will happen at the LPAD under the tent-do not go to the 180 building.  You can fly right up to the start of processing and right after the meeting.  If the crew is ready we may start the processing around 1:30 but you won't be late up to 2:30.   Crew will assemble around 12:30 to get set up.  Each pilot will 'man your airplane' through the whole process until you place it in the designated row out front in the grass.  Once everyone has been through the Appearance judges we will begin our hopefully brief meeting under the tent.   Once the meeting is complete I will finish the doings with the computer program and print out flight and circle assignments.   Judges will be having their classroom training with Wes Eakin around 6:00 or as instructed by Wes.  After the meeting pilots will walk the rows of airplanes and select their choice for the Concours Award which we will present today.

Dave
AMA 20934

Offline Ted Fancher

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2020, 12:49:17 PM »
Hey!  Congrats to Sparky!!! Kick some butt Mr. Stunthangar!!!

Ted fancher

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2020, 01:19:42 PM »
I had to repost.  Sorry but I’d forgotten the poster printed incorrectly because of a data entry issue.  Those here were already aware.
AMA 20934

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2020, 05:25:13 PM »
Processing for Junior and Senior Aerobatics will occur at the LPad tomorrow after the conclusion of flying of Advanced and Open.
AMA 20934

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2020, 05:35:26 PM »
Here are unofficial results of qualification rounds.  Qualifiers' scores come from different circles, so comparing them doesn't mean much.  Nonqualifier's placings are ranked by fraction of their circle leader's score. 
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Offline Craig Beswick

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2020, 06:16:17 PM »
Hey guys,
I am Aussie and have no clue how competitions are run, or scored.

It seems to me they take the 2 best flights and add them together for a qualifying score. Is that right?

If so shouldn't Sparky be 1044?
Craig
AUS 87123
"The Ninja"

Offline Mike Ferguson

• AMA Member
  • Commander
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2020, 06:25:07 PM »
Hey guys,
I am Aussie and have no clue how competitions are run, or scored.

It seems to me they take the 2 best flights and add them together for a qualifying score. Is that right?

If so shouldn't Sparky be 1044?
Craig

Top score from Wednesday and top score from Thursday get added together.

Offline Trostle

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2020, 07:21:32 PM »
Top score from Wednesday and top score from Thursday get added together.

It would be better to explain the two-day/two circle format with two different sets of judges and which scores are used to determine the qualifiers.

Keith

Offline Peter in Fairfax, VA

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2020, 08:46:23 PM »
Craig,

The qualifying is a little more complex than simply adding the scores.  There are also groups.  In Advanced, four pilots qualify from four groups, for a total of 16 qualifiers.  The photo below shows the groupings.

Peter

Offline Craig Beswick

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2020, 09:14:18 PM »
So Peter,
you could be 5th in your group and not qualify, but may have a higher total than the top 4 in another group and yet you still miss out?
Craig
AUS 87123
"The Ninja"

Offline Craig Beswick

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2020, 09:17:07 PM »
Mr Benjamin Mills as an example?
Craig
AUS 87123
"The Ninja"

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2020, 09:25:36 PM »

Is Howard not there?
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline Peter in Fairfax, VA

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2020, 09:35:03 PM »
Craig,

Yes, that is how I read it.  As is typical for stunt, the scores are meant to compare one flight to another within the same circle, the same judges.   

Peter

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2020, 09:52:28 PM »
Is Howard not there?

Not all there.  Too many comorbidities, hungry ACE2s
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Advertise Here