News:

• May 23, 2024, 11:24:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Aero Tiger 36  (Read 1096 times)

Offline Peter Nevai

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
    • C3EL
Aero Tiger 36
« on: April 15, 2007, 12:10:25 PM »
OK so I am tired of having engines over the years that were a royal paint to have run right. (With the possible exception of the OS Max 35S) So after reading the many praises abot the Aero Tiger, I fugured I break down and drop the $240 bucks for one. I understand that it is no muss no fuss plug and play.

So the question is will it be good in a Brodak Pathfinder ARF?

I Like to get it all together in time for Brodaks this year.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 01:15:47 PM by Peter Nevai »
Words Spoken by the first human to set foot on Mars... "Now What?"

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
Re: Aero Tiger 36
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 02:33:27 PM »
Hi Peter,

Haven't seen that combination, but the Aero Tiger 36 has as more *stunt power* than a FP 40. 

Bill <><
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Peter Nevai

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
    • C3EL
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 02:43:59 PM »
I suppose not, there will not be mny that put a expensive motor like that in a $99 ARF, but my siituation being transient ( Away from home most of the time and more or less living out of a suitcase) it is what makes sense for my situation at the moment. Right now it is a toss up between the Pathfinder and the Cardinal. Had a Vector 40 been there done that and I'd rather build when doing a full fuse. But as I mentioned I'm not in the position to be building right now.
Words Spoken by the first human to set foot on Mars... "Now What?"

Offline Charlie Pate

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2007, 04:27:25 PM »
Check with Randy Smith;He will know.He also may offer up something adequate for your needs at less money.
I have found the AT36 to be a terrific engine; but I suggest you check with Randy.He will steer you in the right direction.
Also remember, an engines life is relative to the proper care it gets.
Talk to Randy. y1

Offline bob branch

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2007, 06:34:53 PM »
Peter.

The Aerotiger .36 will be wonderful in the Pathfinder. The motor is very compatable with a Bolly 11 1/4 X 4 prop and that may be a problem with the pathfinder as a tri gear airplane. I set mine up as a tail dragger by just reversing the main gear and bending them forward a tad and then putting in a tailwheel. That solves the ground clearance problem and it handles very nicely. Also the motor is a very nice match to the Vector 40 arf. Both planes fly very well though.

Bob Branch

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here