News:

• June 16, 2024, 03:51:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Making your engine to run right  (Read 809 times)

Offline Leo Mehl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Making your engine to run right
« on: April 15, 2007, 10:33:24 AM »
As you all know you cannot trim your plane if you don't have the proper engine run. I have an old Cardinal profil I fly in the off season-Winter- and I had a differnt motor on it for I also use this plane to test differnt engines. Well I put my LA46 back on it and the 4 3/4 oz. tank on it. Itook it out to fly with this brand new LA and it would not run right,so being the stubourn German that I am I said to myself, "Self you can make this engine run." the motor was surging and at the end of the run  it really got bad. I had never run into this before so I sat down and used the thought process to figure it out. This is like moving the Empire State Building with a Red Ryder  Flyer trike.I decided that it was the tank and maybe it was hooked up wrong. I couldn't remember how I had it hooked up to the lines the last time (old age syndrome) so out came the blow torch and when I looked into the tank I did have them hooked up backwards. This tank was plumed so the uniflow and pickup were close to the profile fuselege but I had the pickup line on the bottom and the uniflow on the top. Sometimes I think my brains are blowing in the wind. Anyway the moral to this story is don't give up if you get a bad engine run. Find someone to help you figure it out or take it step by step and you will soon get it right

Offline Larry Price

• 2014 Supporters
  • Lieutenant
Re: Making your engine to run right
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 11:38:19 AM »
Leo, Now that you have your tank plumbing figured out, either label or mark each one or draw a diagram on the side of the tank which would be hidden.  y1  Like me, I CRS unless I make a diagram or label stuff.   H^^
Larry Price
Edgewood, WA

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 11:45:12 AM »
Leo,
I tell ya man, I love when you experienced people post stuff like this. See I figured I learn more from making mistakes than I do from getting it right the first time,,(hey its my theory, and it covers my tail... good excuse for all the dumb things I do,,,,) so When I see the veterens makin errors it really helps me cause I dont have to make that mistake, thanks,,,,
 HB~>
 HB~>
Assuming I get something put back together,,,, sigh,,, I will see you in Portland Leo,,
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2007, 12:37:30 PM »
Mark, I also got a helpful tip that you can also use. Usually I don't forget  things but that is now a little hit and miss, thats another tip you might file away! Z@@ZZZ HH%%

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here