News:

• May 09, 2024, 07:07:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Scale Corsair F2G-1!  (Read 8420 times)

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
Re: Scale Corsair F2G-1!
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2012, 12:28:40 PM »
OK, it's been awhile but I am making slow progress.

Back on track with the #57 and looks like I've created some problems for myself.

Just got back my laser cut parts for the scale tail wheel.

Let's see.

This thingie goes with that thingie and these two thingies get glued to those thingies but that thingie gets glassed first and can't fit this thingie until this other thingies is attached to..

Where's the bloody drawing?   n~

Charles
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2012, 02:21:25 PM »
Yep, that is what happens when you leave a project  for a time. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2012, 09:09:58 AM »
Well, it's time to bring this Thread to the front!

I'm progressing with the rudder. Here's a few photos.

I haven't applied silk in over 49 years, not to say I had a bit of trouble.

But thanks to the great guys at SH, Guys like Mark, Dan, Bill, Billy, Ed, Randy, and many others, with their advice and patients and generosity, I managed.

I first doped the tail end of The New American. Couple of issues there, but like I said, the guys got me through it.

The rudder, no issues at all. I paid attention to advice this time. Three coats of Sig clear on the wood before applying the silk and I was good to go.

Couple of models down the road and I'll be giving advice!  ;D

Thanks again guys, probably would have been more difficult without you.

Hey! Starting to look like a rudder.

Charles 
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Glenn (Gravitywell) Reach

• Gravitywell
  • 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2012, 12:15:18 PM »
Am loving this build Charles.  Thanks for all your posts, always informative. H^^
Glenn Reach
Westlock, Alberta
gravitywell2011 @ gmail . com

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2012, 01:22:23 PM »
Am loving this build Charles.  Thanks for all your posts, always informative. H^^

Glenn,

Wow! Thanks so much, we modelers do love encouragement. Few words but great words!

I put another coat of Sig dope on this morning. I'll cover the other side later today. When my knees stop shaking. Just kidding?

I'm lucky with this build. I don't have to build the fuselage or wings. However, both need many changes. Sometimes it's easier to start from scratch.

The F2G fuselage is really different than the typical Corsair. I'll be busy with that. I'm adding flaps to the wing.

I will try to make this model as close to scale as possible.

Thanks again!

Charles

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2012, 03:01:43 PM »
Well,

Here's the flip side. Same as the other but backwards.

Getting better at this silk thing.

Charles

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2012, 08:24:32 PM »
Charles,
one of the things you were warned about ( and you always follow advice you say) is to NOT cover ONE side at a time,, always cover both sides, especially before putting any dope on the silk,,,, doing it one side at a time is a great way to end up with a sculpture,, twisted and unusable
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2012, 08:36:32 PM »
Charles,
one of the things you were warned about ( and you always follow advice you say) is to NOT cover ONE side at a time,, always cover both sides, especially before putting any dope on the silk,,,, doing it one side at a time is a great way to end up with a sculpture,, twisted and unusable

Mark,

Interesting. What about all that overhanging silk? You have to put a second coat on the edges before anything is trimmed.

??????????????

Charles

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here