News:

• May 10, 2024, 02:23:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Too much fun to not have one or two.  (Read 17398 times)

Offline Ty Marcucci

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Too much fun to not have one or two.
« on: October 14, 2011, 08:01:33 PM »
Over the last few years I have been watching too many guys having way too much fun with Bi-slobs, so I got a set of FM plans and now am deep in the balsa dust doing up two of them. Photos below.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 09:09:27 PM by Ty Marcucci »
Ty Marcucci

Offline Jim Oliver

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Too much fun to not have one or two.
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 08:04:34 PM »
Ty,

I know that watching those guys at Clanton trying to keep from getting their lines in a knot didn't influence you at all, did it??? n~

Jim
Jim Oliver
AMA 18475

Offline greg maclachlan

• New Pilot
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 08:36:38 PM »
Put beefy landing gear and generously sized wheels on it so you can bounce it off the turf and do awsum' touch and goes all day without stubbing your toe and dinging the prop.
Bi-slobs ROCK....!

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 08:49:46 PM »
I'm worried about the power. You know how Ty loves his Fox .35 Stunt engines. What's the plot, Ty?  ??? Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 11:36:57 PM »
 Doesn't international law dictate that Bi-Slobs must be powered by Fox .35's?
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 03:23:12 AM »
You are correct Wayne!  Hence the name SLOB.
The plane is covered in castor when it lands.
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline Jim Kraft

• Admiral
  • AMA78415
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 06:08:37 AM »
You are doing the right thing Ty. When I built mine, I asked Jim Lee for some tips. His best tip was to build two so that you can be flying one while repairing the other one. They are a lot of fun and will make you smile.
Jim Kraft

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2011, 08:27:37 AM »
Now you've done it Ty,   bringing the Fox hunters out of the wood work.   Also building two Slobs.   As stated the Slob's are great to get the mind off flying the pattern and jus having fun.   But, also remember, like Jim Lee told me, "After a 3 - 4 minute flight you will be exhausted".   I have let/made several people fly my Slob and like the big grins on their faces after the engine finally quits.  Oh, make sure the Fox's are well broken in. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Jim Kraft

• Admiral
  • AMA78415
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2011, 05:35:44 PM »
I agree Ty. It is a bad habit I got into building stunt planes. After crashing these two several times, and repairing, they are starting to look a little more Slob like. LOL If I ever build another, I will mount the belcrank on a tongue sticking out of the fuse. It sure would simplify the controls having them on the outside.
Jim Kraft

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2011, 12:55:11 AM »
 Kind of funny, with all honestly before I even opened this post last night I figured it was about the Bi-Slob just from the title. Way to go Ty! y1

After thinking about it for a few years, and watching the Brodak videos from last year, it all put me over the edge and with some lucky timing I got ahold of an ARC 'Slob in the classifieds on Stuka Stunt. I planned to have it flying by now but...I finished three other planes before it instead.

I've also heard Jim's line about having to build two. Knowing it was all "tongue in cheek", the way I heard it was because you'll trash the first one just learning how to fly it. In a deal I couldn't refuse, I very recently got ahold of a sweet brand new Randy Smith Fox .35 complete with his muffler. Overkill I know for a 'Slob, but what the heck. I've also been trying to think of how to top Chris Sterner's version, a Stearman takeoff that looks really cool.

I've gotta bust mine out and get to work. y1

Wayne Willey

Offline dave siegler

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • sport flier
    • Circlemasters Flying club
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2011, 02:14:41 PM »
I have batch built 2 also.    The first one finally died this summer.  It is just as easy to cut out parts for 2 as one, and if you have paint in the gun you can shoot the second one at the same time.   

The next ones I build will differ a little.  I always snap the spars, so bigger spars or spruce spars are in order.  Also will chage the TE. The TE hard to attach covering after the flaps are on. especally for a repair.   
Dave Siegler
NE9N extra class
AMA 720731
EAA 1231299 UAS Certificate Number FA39HY9ML7  Member of the Milwaukee Circlemasters. A Gold Leader Club for over 25 years!  http://www.circlemasters.com/

Offline Steve Helmick

• Admiral
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2011, 08:30:36 PM »
Would somebody please put a Barnstormer fin on a Bislop (sic), just to modernize it a tad?  LL~ Steve

PS: I thought Ty was going to give flight test reports by now. What's the danged holdup?
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2011, 05:49:26 AM »
I think he went to a contest.   LL~ LL~ LL~ Really Ty should answer, but if he is like me when I get to a certain point, things slow down.  Still working out the nose on the P-47. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Offline Jim Kraft

• Admiral
  • AMA78415
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2011, 07:37:22 AM »
I put an El Diablo fin rudder on this one.
Jim Kraft

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2011, 11:45:51 AM »
 The 'Diablo rudder looks really good on there Jim, nice choice. y1

Whenever I get to mine I've been planning to change the tail surface outlines and add some sort of wingtips too. I just haven't come up with that "perfect" idea yet so mine still sits on the shelf. This post definitely has the "gears grinding" again though. VD~

Wayne Willey

Offline De Hill

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2011, 03:49:55 PM »
You are correct Wayne!  Hence the name SLOB.
The plane is covered in castor when it lands.

I was at a contest at the Garden State Circleburners field many years ago, and the designer (whose name I can't remember) brought out the predecessor of the Bi-slob. It was a high wing monoplane called the Big Slob. The Bislob (also from the same designer) was the second airplane in the Slob series, and was so called because it was a biplane.
De Hill

Offline Jim Kraft

• Admiral
  • AMA78415
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2011, 06:04:15 PM »
All of the old time and classic planes I build, I do as close to the plans I can. On fun stuff like Bi-slobs, I take liberties, and if they don't fly right, I know who to complain to. LOL. I did not think the added wing tips would do anymore than changing the looks a little, but actually did make it fly a little better in my opinion. At least it fly's a little better than the green one that is mostly stock. Both of them will make you smile while flying though. I have learned not to fly my regular stunters after flying the Slob. They just turn way to slow in comparison, and I seem to expect them to turn like the Slob. Maybe the Bi-slob is the real stunter.
Jim Kraft

Offline Tom Niebuhr

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2011, 07:50:21 PM »
Ty,
I'm glad to see one built from the FM plans. (I drew them). Ronnie always said to built it lite. I always take the centers out of the ribs. I have never had a problem with the T.E as shown.

Ron flew his with the Fox .35 and an old version of the Fox .25. Too much power is bad, and the Fox has the perfect break. The only thing I hate is cleaning the castor goo from between the wings.

John Kelly, who is in one of the pictures in the FM article had a "Big Slob: at one of the Circle Burners meets. De is correct that the "Big Slob" was first and then the "Bi Slob". There is a similarity in the fuselage. The "Bi Slob" flies much better.

Ron also had a "Stagger-Bi" it had the lower wing forward of the top and wheel pants, Nice looking, but I don't think that is was as good as the "Bi Slob". But it is an interesting variation. I'll have to scan a picture.
AMA 7544

Offline Jim Kraft

• Admiral
  • AMA78415
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2011, 07:27:50 AM »
Tom, I built mine off of your excellent plans also. The green one is pretty much stock except for the rounded stab/elevator, and the smoothed out rudder. I ordered the plans and magazine article from FM, and was glad I did. The magazine was a great inspiration for building the Slob. Thank you for making it available to us guys that like to have fun with our models.

Yes, they do get messy, but while you are cleaning you can recall all the fun it was flying. The Bi-Slob is really in a class by itself. There just isn't anything else out there like it. And, you are right. The Fox 35 is just the right power, and I set mine in a very fat 4 stroke with a 10-6 prop and a standard 3 ounce tank.
Jim Kraft

Offline Tom Niebuhr

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2011, 08:10:19 AM »
Thanks Jim,
It couldn't have been done without Ronnie.

There is another fun plane coming, for Sport and Intermediate/Advanced. The "Hobo"

Please see thread entitled "the Hobo?"
AMA 7544

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2011, 09:05:39 PM »
 I'd like to track down a copy-what mag, year, and issue was the 'Slob published?

Wayne Willey

Offline tom_weedman

• Commander
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2011, 12:03:10 AM »
I was at a contest at the Garden State Circleburners field many years ago, and the designer (whose name I can't remember) brought out the predecessor of the Bi-slob. It was a high wing monoplane called the Big Slob. The Bislob (also from the same designer) was the second airplane in the Slob series, and was so called because it was a biplane.
I would guess your refering to ron pavalar
AMA 63672

Offline Jim Kraft

• Admiral
  • AMA78415
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2011, 07:21:45 AM »
wwwarbird, The plans were published in Flying Models june 92 issue. Flying Models may still have that issue, and if they do, you can get it from them along with the plans. They still had the magazine when I got my plans, but that was several years ago.
Jim Kraft

Offline ray copeland

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2011, 07:57:37 AM »
Waiting for the quick build , foam wing, profile version to be kitted!  :!
Ray from Greensboro, North Carolina , six laps inverted so far with my hand held vertically!!! (forgot to mention, none level!) AMA# 902150

Offline Tom Niebuhr

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2011, 08:28:46 AM »
Tom,
Ron Pavloer designed both the Big Slob and the BiSlob. As I said above, John Kelly has had both airplanes at the Garden State Circle Burner's field.
AMA 7544

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2011, 09:38:02 PM »
wwwarbird, The plans were published in Flying Models june 92 issue. Flying Models may still have that issue, and if they do, you can get it from them along with the plans. They still had the magazine when I got my plans, but that was several years ago.

Thanks Jim. I've already got an ARC kit on the shelf so I'm good there, but I like going through the old mag articles too.

Wayne Willey

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2011, 10:42:07 PM »
 Ty,

I don't know about yours but I've checked my ARC and a Du-Bro 4 ounce clunk with the slanted nose fits the compartment perfectly. y1

Wayne Willey

Offline Jim Kraft

• Admiral
  • AMA78415
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2011, 07:37:19 AM »
I made both of mine to have a slide in tank from the front. I made a 4 ounce and a 3 ounce tank. I installed the 3 ounce first, and have stayed with that. My Foxes will run 5+ minutes on the 3 ounce tank the way I set them up, and on a Bi-Slob, that is long enough. Most of the flight time is done with mine flying in front of me on the down wind side of the circle. It keeps you very buisy for that 5 minutes. The first time I saw a Bi-Slob fly was when Jim Lee flew his with his back up against a water tower. The whole flight was done in a 1/4 of the circle, and Jim knows how to get the most out of a Slob.
Jim Kraft

Offline Mark Misegadis

• Commander
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2011, 10:00:35 AM »
Its all your fault that I bought one of these ugly airplanes that I had never planned to buy.  (the name probably didn’t help me) 
Everyone made them look just too fun so mine is on the way!!!

I have searched and read all of the posts on these and see that the Fox 35 is standard (written and unwritten rule) but found that some have ran OS 35 and 25 engines to also include the LA.  I have all of the above available that could be hung on this new plane  at this time but wanted to hang onto the new Fox 35 for a Foxberg Cosmic Wind that I have.   A couple of things I think I understand but am going to ask anyway in hopes that all of you can steer me along. The Fox 35 choice is due to all the hovering that everyone likes to do with these planes?  I see comments that any of those other choices I listed for OS engines run too fast for this activity?  Also..I see comments that they don’t glide. Is this just due to no airspeed because of all the farting around in half of the circle or less? With 60” of WS I would think it should glide if you had “any” airspeed.  Anyone ever put a throttle on one and fly it like a Carrier plane?

The video that seriously sent me searching for a plane was seeing the 5 up at Brodaks event.

One more thing..I do have a old Fox 29 as well as a new Magnum .25

This has been a great thread.

Mark

Offline Tom Niebuhr

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2011, 11:26:25 AM »
Mark,
While the BiSlob has about 600 sq in of wing area, it is very low aspect ratio, so the drag is high. This is typical of many bipes. Therefore the glide is shorter, but is is acceptable.

Joe Gilbert and others have added wing tips. This effectively increases the aspect ratio. Joe's BiSlob has a better glide.

In all cases the BiSlob should be built as light as possible, That is why I cut out the centers of all the ribs.

In the case of some one suggesting using foam wings. I say WHY???

The foam wings will be heavier and would actually take longer to build. The straight wings can be built warpless on a flat table with no jigs. I have built both BiSlob wings in about 20 minutes. I make a spacer block to go between the ribs. This locates the ribs horizontally, vertically and square to the main spar. Use thin CA glue and it goes together as fast as you can move.
AMA 7544

Offline Mark Misegadis

• Commander
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2011, 11:59:45 AM »
Tom,

I saw something on another forum where you use some spacer blocks and perhaps some other changes. I bought an ARC but expect to clean it up a bit and due the usual fitment mods.
I know that Video that I watched was not really a race but I think a Real Race could be a blast. Something to not get too serious about but with a reasonable effort at some passing.
So.. what are your thoughts on other engine choices.. not a question.. always a Fox .35 end of story?  Never a thought of any of the K&Bs or McCoys at all? 

Mark

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2011, 12:05:58 PM »
Tom,

I saw something on another forum where you use some spacer blocks and perhaps some other changes. I bought an ARC but expect to clean it up a bit and due the usual fitment mods.
I know that Video that I watched was not really a race but I think a Real Race could be a blast. Something to not get too serious about but with a reasonable effort at some passing.
So.. what are your thoughts on other engine choices.. not a question.. always a Fox .35 end of story?  Never a thought of any of the K&Bs or McCoys at all? 

Mark

HI Mark,

I cannot remember who it was, but I have seen a Bi-Slob with a McCoy .35RH.  It just have to have an engine that will reliably run very rich.  I don't know if the old K&B Green Heads would be able to get into that deep 4 cycle and stay there. (??) ;D

Big Bear
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline greg maclachlan

• New Pilot
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2011, 02:11:14 PM »
My Bi-slob has a Red Head McCoy .35. Works perfectly set a little rich. Video on YouTube under "Greg's Bi-slob." You can hear the motor breaking 4-2-4 ....just what you want.
Too much power doesn't work on a 'Slob. Mine now has larger than stock wheels...super light-weight ones from some Electric ARF I trashed. Build them cheap and fast. You keep crashing them 'cause you can't help screwing around with them. Way Fun.

Offline Mark Misegadis

• Commander
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2011, 03:33:12 PM »
Great Video. Seems to do all the same stuff and it looks like loads of Fun!

Is this a reworked Redhead with the aluminum piston that your running or the old iron piston still?

Offline Mark Misegadis

• Commander
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2011, 04:07:01 PM »
Ty are you sticking with the recommended engine thrust angle on your scratchbuilt units? I had read on the forum here somewhere that someone had squared up the engine but left the rudder kicked and was fine.

Mark

Offline Mark Misegadis

• Commander
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2011, 04:17:40 PM »
Here is what I pulled relating to engine choices from another thread here.  It varies quite abit. I really like the idea of an old McCoy in that I have been looking for an excuse to hang one on something.
--------------------------------------------------------
I think Dan or Neil had a OS .35 at Brodaks.

My partner started out with a Fox 35. After several rebuilds, it ended up with an OS LA 46.

Ron Pavloer used the early Fox .25 and of course the Fox .35.

I am pretty sure that there is a federal law that states "Only Fox 35's may be used as power for a BiSlob".  I sure would hate to see the FBI come looking for you.

I used an OS 25 FP, and my buddy has an LA 25 in his.  Both work great.  The 25's work good with 10-4 or 9-5 props.

Offline greg maclachlan

• New Pilot
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2011, 04:32:28 PM »
Mark,
Stock old RH .35, 10-5 Master Airscrew wood prop, 4 oz. Sullivan slant clunk tank, 10% with lotsa' castor oil.
Ya' have to needle/prop the motor so it's "not too slow,not too much....but just right!"
Stock Arf slob with beefier gear legs and bigger wheels. Video has stock wheels.
You have to beef up the gear legs 'cause the stock set-up allows the gear to bend up and back and will crack the lower wing spars.
Stock rudder takes a beating too, so make  it stronger also. (Keep it light, of course.)
These Slobs would have blown 'em away at the school yard 50 years ago!!

Offline Harleyman

• ACE
  • Captain
    • Circle Masters
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2011, 05:04:33 PM »

I've also been trying to think of how to top Chris Sterner's version, a Stearman takeoff that looks really cool.

Very nice of you to say Wayne.  But remember, you're the one that gave me the Stearman idea.   H^^
So you get some of the credit.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 10:50:13 PM by Harleyman »
Chris Sterner
AMA 1825
EAA 1429853
https://circlemasters.com

Offline Allan Perret

• Admiral
  • Proverbs
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2011, 06:51:59 PM »
At the recent Clanton, Alabama meet, three Bi-Slobs were up at the same time. Two were powered by Fox .35's and one by an OS .25 (FP?LA?).  The one with the OS engine was able to climb almost straight over head, the others up to about 60 degrees.  Other wise not much difference except the Fox powered ones did hang longer without climbing.  I do not know how much fuel either of them held. D>K
The thing is, I wanted to run out to the center of the circle and take the handle of any one of them.  Thjus I am building two, cause I can. No, I need to. LL~ LL~ LL~
That was mine with the OS 25 FP.   I use a 9-5  or  10-4  prop.   I point the nose up and set needle so it would just barely climb straight up.  I use .012 x 58' lines and can hover and fly OH8's pretty much straight up.   Sometimes I manage to get the power balanced with the windspeed and it will find equilbruim in a hover around 45°.   Like flying a kite, till the tank runs out, then it's  Oh  $__t
Allan Perret
AMA 302406
Slidell, Louisiana

Offline Steve Helmick

• Admiral
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2011, 07:38:28 PM »
Where is the testimony from owners of all the electron-burner Bi-Slobs? Surely it would be far superior to an IC 'Slob. A mercury switch could kick it out of 4-cycle mode...  LL~ Steve

Offline Mark Misegadis

• Commander
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2011, 08:55:41 PM »
That Stearman in the original Army Air scheme is smoking!

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2011, 09:09:47 PM »
Where is the testimony from owners of all the electron-burner Bi-Slobs? Surely it would be far superior to an IC 'Slob. A mercury switch could kick it out of 4-cycle mode...  LL~ Steve

I think it's in the 11th Commandment, "There shall be no electric Bi-Slobs". ;D

Does the 'Slob care if the leadouts are over/under or side by side?

Wayne Willey

Offline Mark Misegadis

• Commander
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2011, 09:58:06 PM »
Here are my choices for a powerplant barring a new purchase or excluding engines in planes or set aside for a project.

McCoy 35 (with the lightning bolt case)
OS LA 25
OS Max 25 FP
Magnum 25 XL

Let me know if I should go with one of these or hunt a different engine.

Mark

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2011, 08:32:05 AM »
Ask David Smith about flying my Slob at the last  SIG contest I attended.  i think the only reason I got it back was it got to dark to see and the rain was coming in if I remember right.  Every one that has flown my Slob lands with a big grin on their face.   Even my brother-in-law who doesn't fly. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2011, 09:55:48 PM »
Here are my choices for a powerplant barring a new purchase or excluding engines in planes or set aside for a project.

McCoy 35 (with the lightning bolt case)
OS LA 25
OS Max 25 FP
Magnum 25 XL

Let me know if I should go with one of these or hunt a different engine.

Mark

Mark,

I haven't even flown a 'Slob yet, but if it has to be one of the above I'd say the FP or the Magnum. I do think a .35 or .36 would still be a better choice.

Bury the McCoy in the backyard, or make a lamp out of it.

In any case, get yourself up with a good running, reliable package so you can just go have fun. y1

Wayne Willey

Offline Mark Misegadis

• Commander
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2011, 10:58:59 PM »
Mark,

I haven't even flown a 'Slob yet, but if it has to be one of the above I'd say the FP or the Magnum. I do think a .35 or .36 would still be a better choice.

Bury the McCoy in the backyard, or make a lamp out of it.

In any case, get yourself up with a good running, reliable package so you can just go have fun. y1

Ha Ha,   Thanks!   Im hoping mine will be here next week and I can get rolling on it.

Offline Mark Misegadis

• Commander
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2011, 11:03:33 PM »
Here are a couple of Slobs I found on the net.

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2011, 09:44:42 PM »
 Sorry about butchering up your post Ty. How are things coming along?

Wayne Willey

Offline John Kelly

• Commander
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2011, 11:29:12 PM »
Hey Greg, These SLOBS DID blow 'em away in the playground 50+ years ago! Here's a pic of me and my first SLOB in 1960 when I was AMA 11417.
AMA 11416

Offline Jim Kraft

• Admiral
  • AMA78415
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2011, 04:55:01 PM »
Ty; On both of my Slobs I used cloth hinges on top of the covering on the wings. One has Polyspan, and the other has Sig Koverall. I just doped the cloth hinges on top and it worked fine. I did use Tom Morris hinge material. I am sure the Klett hinges will work well also.
Jim Kraft

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here