Offline dave siegler

• 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • sport flier
    • Circlemasters Flying club
Re: Masks
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2020, 07:34:46 AM »

I was going to say; The virus is here, It will be here forever, and if you don't get it this year, and you live long enough, you will most certainly get it at some point. Are all you pro maskers going to wear masks for the rest of your life? If you're not prepared to do that, you're wasting your time.

As usual,  Brett's argument was far more eloquent, and 100% correct.

Derek

Yes for the rest of my life, or a vaccine.  Are yon NOT going to wear a mask for the rest of your life?

It is fair to debate how effective masks are.  They have a positive affect on (maybe small) infection, why not help out?  Why try to fail?

It funny this group of people will do extraordinary stuff to get another ounce off their airplane or a few more appearance points we stress the 1%
But masks, even if you believe they have a a small affect, you wont wear them. 
Dave Siegler
NE9N extra class
AMA 720731
EAA 1231299 UAS Certificate Number FA39HY9ML7  Member of the Milwaukee Circlemasters. A Gold Leader Club for over 25 years!  http://www.circlemasters.com/

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2020, 07:44:35 AM »
Plagiarized from my FB feed:.....some of it is strange but the message in first and last lines is very seriously real.......show me your papers is coming!

"For all of my friends defending the mask, I won’t unfriend you, no matter how hard you try to push your views down my throat, but read this.

When you ask why? - It’s just a mask:
.....”It's just a mask" can turn into "it's just a vaccine" very quickly. And it will, you can bet your bottom dollar on that!
In less than 5 months, our government has successfully divided the country into "obedient mask wearers" versus "selfish people that refuse to wear masks".
"It's just a mask, you guys". It's for "the greater good"!
Where have we heard this phrase before?

In less than 5 months, our government has dictated what events are acceptable versus unacceptable to attend. Riots are OK, family funerals are not. Standing in a graduation line is a "safety hazard", but feel free to line up at WalMart, Lowes, and Home Depot.

But it's "just a mask" & "safety precautions", you guys.

In less than 5 months, our government successfully facilitated the closing of family-owned businesses while granting authority to large corporations that they have invested interests in.

It's "just a mask" and "safety precautions" you guys. Oh & here's a measly $1200 that we stole from you in the first place. Enjoy!

In less than 5 months, our government was able to successfully sway the population into believing that a CASHLESS SOCIETY is a good thing! In the name of a government sponsored virus.

In less than 5 months, our government closed down public schools, and has "restructured" school moving forward under the guise of "public safety" from a "virus". These same schools fed children crap per the corrupt USDA food pyramid. But "health" matters when it comes to a government sponsored virus 💡

It's "just a mask" & "heightened safety precautions", you guys.

In less than 5 months, our government demonstrated how easily people assimilate to "guidelines" (that have NO scientific premise whatsoever) when they are fearful.

What was up with all that toilet paper?

It's "just a mask" & "6 foot social distancing", you guys. Oh, and dooky paper.

In less than 5 months, our government has successfully instilled fear in a majority of the population in America.

But citizens are not "afraid" of the people in power who are responsible for the removal of their "freedoms". Instead, they're fearful of their neighbors and family, human touch, and air.

There are thousands of viruses that *could* affect the population, but these viruses do not matter because MSM didn't say they do.

It's absolutely terrifying to me that so many people do not question authority because they see that authority as "all knowing." It's even more terrifying that these same people rely on corrupt "leaders" to be led, thus lacking all critical thinking skills/independence.

Slaves to the system that keeps them oppressed.

How quickly history is forgotten and repeated!

What's most problematic to me about all of this is that the people who are wearing masks "for the greater good" will be the first to sign up for this shiny new vaccine that's had 0 longitudinal safety tests against an inert placebo.

What's more problematic to me is that this Vaccine MAY be the deciding factor in life moving forward.
You thought a mask was inconvenient? Wait until you're told that you cannot enter a store without proof of the Covid-19 vaccine. Wait until you cannot go to public events, or travel, without proof of having received this vaccine.

To everyone that doesn't believe this is possible - do you understand that our government just successfully dictated to people WHEN they were allowed to be outside, where they were allowed to go, and how their children would be educated, in less than 5 months? And that a majority of the population followed blindly because they were told to do so.

You're kidding yourself if you believe that they're not going to repeat this behavior with a vaccine.

If people have not protested the occurrences in America over the last 5 months, they will assuredly continue to abide by unsubstantiated "guidelines" that will include a vaccine.
"A good scare teaches more than good advice"

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2020, 09:44:54 AM »
At Steak & Shake yesterday a sign on door said masks required to enter.  Watched two young men walk in and the manager hand them masks to put on.  Yes, I put the mask on my wife told me to wear.  Once seated it came off.  All workers were wearing masks.   All customer removed masks once seated.  My daughter took the card I had to pay the tab.   I walked out after eating without putting mask back on.  I guess if I had to go back in the mask would be worn.   Oh, Church was same way, masks to enter and once inside the masks came off.   Pastor still had hand sanitizer and wipes in the lobby. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Andre Ming

• Captain
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2020, 12:18:36 PM »
Fred:

Put that way, it's quite ominous.

Looks as if we're in for a rough ride in the USA. Some of the freedoms already WILLINGLY surrendered to the idiots in control will likely never be restored.

:'(   

''

Andre

Searching to find my new place in this hobby!

Offline Terrence Durrill

• Captain
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2020, 12:22:38 PM »
At Steak & Shake yesterday a sign on door said masks required to enter.  Watched two young men walk in and the manager hand them masks to put on.  Yes, I put the mask on my wife told me to wear.  Once seated it came off.  All workers were wearing masks.   All customer removed masks once seated.  My daughter took the card I had to pay the tab.   I walked out after eating without putting mask back on.  I guess if I had to go back in the mask would be worn.   Oh, Church was same way, masks to enter and once inside the masks came off.   Pastor still had hand sanitizer and wipes in the lobby. D>K

Hey John, ever heard of "diminishing returns".........that's what we have here .............. diminishing ..........all the way down to zero %.   ......       

Let's be real here. ...... It is all about control and conformity.       D>K       H^^

The truth is here: 
                                           https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=6&v=ru7egBTOxB8&feature=emb_logo

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2020, 12:52:17 PM »
worthy of watching is the video Robert and Terrence linked

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline Tony Drago

• Captain
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2020, 12:57:31 PM »
The lefy better think twice for what they wish for.
Andre,you are correct.
  http://yt.vu/p/PLED64004A96BE76FA

Offline BillP

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2020, 01:37:03 PM »
   The masks and other protocols used  by the general public are like putting a screen door on a submarine. Actually protecting yourself from something as small as a virus, or containing it, (which is actually much more difficult) requires far more than could practically be done on a mass scale.

Masks are an entirely psychological phenomenon, it makes you think you are doing *something", and actually have some control over a situation that you have no real control over. The underlying issue is that, having lived lives of obscene luxury and safety (for 3 generations now) people cannot fathom that there are situations beyond their practical control, and therefore demand a solution on the assumption that there must be one.

Ultimately, unless a vaccine is found in the next few months, I would guess the ultimate death toll will be about the (deaths per infection) *320 million. That seems to mean around 300,000-500,000 people might die in the USA. Assuming this was a naturally-developed virus, *it is no one's fault*, *nothing practical can be done to alter it*. Nature and the real world are a pretty harsh and there are some problems that *cannot be solved*, thinking that "this is the 21st century, we have moved beyond this sort of thing, this can't be happening to us!" is nonsense. We have been living a charmed life, but eventually probability catches up with you.

Of course, the "it takes a village" types are all too happy to promise to do something and be seen to be doing something, effective are not, and all too happy to find a "solution" that eliminates any semblance of personal choice, because it plays to their end goals, that is, eliminating the uniquely American concept of individual liberty.

Every proposed apocalyptic "crisis" for the last 50 years has,  oddly,  had the same solution.

It also gives you a clearly visible signal of this "compliance", and thus wearing a mask almost immediately became your indication of virtue, or not, so it makes you feel superior to be more conservative about "safety".   

If you don't want to catch Wuhan Flu, then don't go out and wait at home for a vaccine. That is your only realistic method of avoiding infection. Not practical on a mass scale, of course, and no guarantees at all, but its what little you can actually do that is effective to protect yourself. Otherwise, you wearing a mask, or other people wearing masks, will accomplish exactly nothing for "safety".

Brett

p.s. Wuhan flu *absolutely is* a health crisis, it is a very real disease that you will almost certainly be exposed to (and maybe already have been), some chance of developing detectable symptoms from, and a very small but realistic chance of dying from. People who think it is entirely fake are probably just doing the same thing as the "safety screechers", they might realize that there is no real defense from it, and for their own peace of mind, must assume that it's just made-up. It definitely is not made up, the effects of been greatly exaggerated for purposes of manipulation, but very real and much more dangerous that a typical seasonal flu.

For certain groups, in fact, the statistics are staggering, if you are over 75 - 80,  it's just short of a death sentence. Part of that is that in the most incompetent responses (New York and Florida), they had policies that nearly guaranteed exposure of large numbers of people already compromised to the point they were in nursing homes. A lot of this was avoidable with even simple precautions,

So I'm in Florida and wife a nurse in an assisted living facility. Exactly what are you talking about with Florida policies?
Bill P.

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2020, 07:27:28 PM »
So I'm in Florida and wife a nurse in an assisted living facility. Exactly what are you talking about with Florida policies?

I am not sure what you are referring to, I didn't say anything about any specific place.

My mistake, I meant California, but typed Florida  - I was referring to the fact that the Governor (Cuomo and Newsome) insisted on sending active COVID-19 patients to nursing homes. In New York it proved devastating, California not so much - yet.

Your wife must be a very special person - assisted living/nursing home/hospice is an absurdly difficult and stressful job, anyone who does it for any length of time is quite extraordinary.

Brett
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 07:45:28 PM by Brett Buck »

Offline pmackenzie

• Pat MacKenzie
  • 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2020, 07:32:58 PM »

For certain groups, in fact, the statistics are staggering, if you are over 75 - 80,  it's just short of a death sentence. Part of that is that in the most incompetent responses (New York and Florida), they had policies that nearly guaranteed exposure of large numbers of people already compromised to the point they were in nursing homes. A lot of this was avoidable with even simple precautions,
MAAC 8177

Offline Fred Underwood

• Captain
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2020, 09:59:55 PM »
I have some issues with the assertion that wearing a piece of cloth is going to protect someone from a microbe so small it can easily filter through the cloth.  It has been said long ago during other outbreaks that for a mask to protect someone it must meet specific criteria.   

I do NOT believe wearing a piece of cloth is going to stop someone from getting the virus if they are exposed to it.   If it did, why aren't medical professionals wearing cloth masks? 

https://www.wsna.org/news/2020/cloth-masks-dont-protect-nurses

If you are asking how cloth masks can work for prevention in the non-healthcare setting, and then why not for healthcare workers, see 31 and 46 above.  Healthcare workers are protecting themselves, and there isn't enough of that equipment for public use.  Proper use of N95 masks also should have fit testing, not just purchase and use.

Fred

Offline katana

• Commander
« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2020, 04:17:42 AM »
I have some issues with the assertion that wearing a piece of cloth is going to protect someone from a microbe so small it can easily filter through the cloth.  It has been said long ago during other outbreaks that for a mask to protect someone it must meet specific criteria.   

I do NOT believe wearing a piece of cloth is going to stop someone from getting the virus if they are exposed to it.   If it did, why aren't medical professionals wearing cloth masks?

Whilst the virus may be minute and easily pass through a cloth fabric, it is generally not freely airborne - so a 'pure' source is of minimal risk. Its primary transmission vector is aerosol ie. moist breath, coughs and sneezes. Contaminated water droplets are trapped by cloth hence masks dampen just through normal breathing. Healthcare professionals are catching it due to being hit with contamination from every side and shear volumes of contacts, in comparison normal day to day population contacts are minimal so pose a lower (but not zero) risk.
Each of us have our own lives, its a crap shoot - roll the dice in the game of life or health!

Offline Pat Chewning

• Commander
« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2020, 07:32:32 AM »
This mask (see attached picture) is the best.  Doesn't fog the glasses, easy to breathe, can still drink beer, smoke, or eat with it on.

But seriously:   How "open" can the fibers in a mask be to still allow breathing, yet prevent the spread of the virus?   The mask shown has openings of 1/2" or so.  I've heard that the virus, when encapsulated in water droplets and exhaled, may be on the order of 5 microns.  Cloth masks are not going to "filter" those particles.  Cloth masks might turbulate the exhaled breath and prevent the virus from traveling as far -- so that's a benefit.

For me, I'm in "selective isolation".  I will meet with people outside (not inside) and try to maintain at least 6' distance.  That's my main line of defense.  I'm counting on distancing, ventilation, hand washing.

I wear a mask indoors in stores because it's required and expected now, and it doesn't bother me -- not because I believe it works well.   I'd wear one all day, everywhere if they would guarantee me that the ski areas will be open next season and not close them for COVID-19.

The "authorities" lose credibility when they issue "must wear mask" laws, yet don't wear masks themselves and create a long list of "exceptions" for mask wearing.   The most extreme case of this is Lincoln county Oregon, where the "must wear a mask" law only applied to white people.   (See here:   https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/oregon-whites-only-masks/   As though the virus can tell whether it is being exhaled or inhaled by a "person of color" or not.....

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2020, 07:40:37 AM »
My county mask nazi ladies do not like my mask....tough

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2020, 08:21:45 AM »
Pat,
The simple approach is to make a bandana from an old T-shirt or similar cotton fabric. They are looking for an absorbent fabric to catch the droplets. They recommend a second layer of a non-woven material (like polyspan or silkspan) as a throw-a-way inside. Other option is a simple paper paint mask. None of these will work like an N95 mask but the idea is to knock down the airborne droplets from having a high concentration enter your nose or mouth and make it to your lungs. Kinda similar to why we wear a mask while spraying dope (not death paint which needs a much more efficient filter, some need an air pack), not the extreme but good enough and better than nothing.

From what I have read you need a certain time exposure to be infected, seem the more time you are exposed to an infected person the worse you could get it. The simple mask or even a bandana just give a little better chance of not getting to the critical exposure level particularly if both are wearing them. As has been mentioned these mask are not medical grade but will help some, so for me I have mine with me and wear it going into indoors to stores (as we all have to get food or fuel) or when in lines.

Best,   DennisT
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 08:50:46 AM by Dennis Toth »

Offline BillP

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2020, 08:56:19 AM »
   I am not sure what you are referring to, I didn't say anything about any specific place.

My mistake, I meant California, but typed Florida  - I was referring to the fact that the Governor (Cuomo and Newsome) insisted on sending active COVID-19 patients to nursing homes. In New York it proved devastating, California not so much - yet.

Your wife must be a very special person - assisted living/nursing home/hospice is an absurdly difficult and stressful job, anyone who does it for any length of time is quite extraordinary.
    Brett

Got it. That makes sense now. NY sending covid patients back to their assisted living facilities was crazy.

Fl locked down assisted care facilities in march and they are still under the lock down...no visitors, no incoming with covid and 14 day quarantine, recurring testing and masks required. 

bp

Bill P.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #66 on: July 07, 2020, 10:20:43 AM »
They are now posting on the inter net the proper way to wear a mask.  From what I read 1 out of a thousand is probably doing it right.  First off once the mask is put on do not remove it unless you have a new replacement.  Also hands must be washed each time before touching mask.  But after reading the guide lines for proper use of wearing a mask, who is going to enjoy the profits of the sales if people followed them and how many factories will be started up to run 24 hour days 7 days a week and 365 days a years?    D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Offline Wayne Collier

• Captain
« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2020, 10:51:21 AM »
Lots of folks at work are using those neck wraps that pro fishermen have made popular. Designed for sun protection, I don’t know how effective the may be against viruses. I suspect not too effective but they may make an ok sneeze catcher? 
Wayne Collier     Northeast Texas
<><

never confuse patience with slowness never confuse motion with progress

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2020, 12:01:20 PM »
Guys, I'm going to go out on the limb and say I don't believe much of what the CDC, FDA or EPA says.  They are all controlled by major corporations who are supposed to be monitored by those agencies.   The CDC has already had to retract several incorrect public statements. \

It's far worse than merely being incorrect. They (all of these organizations) have made statements that they themselves have admitted were either exaggerations or not true, because they thought it would have the desired results - Fauci and Birx, too. So, not only were they wrong, they are lying, and they are not just lying, they are lying to manipulate the situation - and admitting to it later!

This sort of thing goes far beyond the Wuhan Flu, it's points to the idea that various people have determined, of their own volition, that they know better than everyone else, and will do or say anything to try to trick you into going along with it. Same with the various climate/environment frauds (overpopulation, ice ages, global warming), proven false time and again, and then later it comes out, "well, we figured you wouldn't to what we wanted, so we "improved" the truth").

When you hear people screech about "science" and how you must believe in it, this is more-or-less what they mean - blindly accepting authority assertions, true or not, concocted to manipulate you or not, simply because they are authorities. Note that most of the people screeching science are not scientists, but housewives, "soft scientists" (sociology, economics, environmentalists, etc, where there is no objective means of determining the truth), doctors (who are certainly not scientists, at least unless they are researchers - most doctors learn rote methods by trial and error, they know no more about viruses than what the drug rep tells them about it).

Anyone who talks about "believing the science" can be automatically dismissed, because the concept of "belief" is utterly incompatible with the scientific method and if you have to "believe" something about it, it is by definition unscientific. If you can't prove it, it's not science.

Brett

p.s. a second problem in this case is that *no one really knows* what is going on, but, they are asked to give their "scientific opinion" anyway, and feel obligated to say something. That is also unscientific, so they substitute their own inclinations on the topic.

Online Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #69 on: July 07, 2020, 12:04:20 PM »
I can agree with "Doc" on this one.  Follow the money.  Lysol works, seen a new can lately?

I was certified on the "NBC"  weapons we didn't have back in the late 60's.  The rules we had for handling that crap were so ridiculous that the base could have been run over by an army of slow snails before we ever got those weapons ready to deploy by following the procedures.

The point that a mask is useless unless you do bla..bla..and bla is simply not true.  They cut the distance you contaminate by a bunch, they remind you not to touch your face and they reduce the number of "My Pillows" made.
This virus has to run it's course.  It will eventually infect every person who can get it and all we can do about it is find cures and vaccines.  We can slow the rate of spread but probably not the size.  The Democrats have absolutely no desire to stop it until after November and the Republicans can't do anything without the Democrats going along.  So we die while they play a giant game of chess.  We are screwed.  All I wanted in life was one last shot at the Walker before I became a thread here.  Now my family is so paranoid that even going to the field to mingle with my friends who share the same bucket list entry is nearly impossible.

What has happened to us?  My father was on a mine sweeper at Normandy, his older brother flew the Polesti missions in a B-24 and his other older brother commanded a tank company during the Battle of the Bulge.  They would roll over in their graves if they saw what this country has become.  Hell, it may be too late already.  I need to get my reservations in at the Arlington (TX) cemetery and kick off before it is too late!

Sorry about the rant, it just happened - Ken

AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Online Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #70 on: July 07, 2020, 12:22:07 PM »
   y1 y1  It's far worse than merely being incorrect. y1 y1
Everything in that post is dead on.  My concern is Trump.  IMHO he needs to fire his panel of experts but doing so will *probably* get Biden elected but not doing so *will* get Biden elected.  They are moles and their goal is not to stop the virus, It is to stop Trump.  I am ready for him to cite the old saying "it is better to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission" and fix this mess.

Ken
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Fred Underwood

• Captain
« Reply #71 on: July 07, 2020, 12:31:11 PM »
Fred, I have a N95 mask for sanding and have a 3M half face mask for painting.  I, also, have a 3M half face mask fitted with biological contamination filters that are the best available for CV19.  I have worn this mask in the grocery store before. 

Like somebody said, it is your life, if you want to trust a piece of cloth when professionals won't that is your decision.  Myself, if I don't have a mask professionals will trust I would not go near people.   

Who said Caveat Emptor?

I hope that you are also wearing a face shield.  The healthcare workers are protecting themselves from those not wearing masks.  A good cough, sneeze can inoculate through the eyes just as well.  The cloth masks for the public are to limit the output of particulate,  Healthcare workers are surrounded by those without masks, or who take masks off to be examined.
Fred

Offline Derek Barry

• Admiral
« Reply #72 on: July 07, 2020, 04:08:10 PM »
Just saying....

Offline dave siegler

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • sport flier
    • Circlemasters Flying club
« Reply #73 on: July 07, 2020, 04:47:21 PM »
masks are not superman suits
Masks are my 3rd line of defense, a mask helps but not a much as distance.

My strategy is in most important to least. 

1) minimize contact with others
2) minimize time in crowds and groups of people
3) Wear a mask when you cant do 1 or 2
Dave Siegler
NE9N extra class
AMA 720731
EAA 1231299 UAS Certificate Number FA39HY9ML7  Member of the Milwaukee Circlemasters. A Gold Leader Club for over 25 years!  http://www.circlemasters.com/

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #74 on: July 07, 2020, 07:00:00 PM »
Of course masks can’t filter viruses. However viruses ride on moisture from breath, cough and sneezes. These are filtered by even the simplest cloth mask.

As a member of the most vulnerable group to death from this plague, I will wear a mask in public and ask you to do so too. Is it that hard to do?

Do it for me if not for yourself.
Think S.M.A.L.L. y'all and, it's all good, CL, FF and RC!

DesignMan
 BTW, Dracula Sucks!  A closed mouth gathers no feet!

Offline Andre Ming

• Captain
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2020, 10:27:19 AM »
As for masks, their use, and the expected enforcement of mandatory wearing of same, this video clip might be interesting to you:

Andre

Offline Gerald Arana

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2020, 11:28:55 AM »

Wait until you're told that you cannot enter a store without proof of the Covid-19 vaccine. Wait until you cannot go to public events, or travel, without proof of having received this vaccine.

To everyone that doesn't believe this is possible - do you understand that our government just successfully dictated to people WHEN they were allowed to be outside, where they were allowed to go, and how their children would be educated, in less than 5 months? And that a majority of the population followed blindly because they were told to do so.

You're kidding yourself if you believe that they're not going to repeat this behavior with a vaccine.

If people have not protested the occurrences in America over the last 5 months, they will assuredly continue to abide by unsubstantiated "guidelines" that will include a vaccine.
[/quote]

Do you think Faucci may have a financial interest in this vaccine? I for one, will not be vaccinated.  n1

Cheers, Jerry

PS: I do what I damn well please thank you very much!

Offline Dwayne Donnelly

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
  • Balsa Beavers Toronto Canada
« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2020, 11:29:36 AM »
Of course masks can’t filter viruses. However viruses ride on moisture from breath, cough and sneezes. These are filtered by even the simplest cloth mask.

As a member of the most vulnerable group to death from this plague, I will wear a mask in public and ask you to do so too. Is it that hard to do?

Do it for me if not for yourself.

Some need to understand this, yes a cloth mask is a sieve but even a sieve can catch a drop of water sometimes,  and a mask only needs to catch that one drop of moisture  with the virus on it to save your life, as 61 year old former smoker, I'm wearing a mask.
My purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
« Reply #78 on: July 10, 2020, 11:43:54 AM »
Pedigree:
42 years active duty and civilian service...retired Army Command Sergeants major...retired Operational Test Command test officer....
One product tested was for Joint Forces Command Norfolk VA...a geospatial mapping and software for pandemics....

yes Virginia the national command authority has folks responsible for protecting the USA in all natural and man made disasters....we do have massive stocks of necessary things....that these assets were not called in speaks a lot about this so called pandemic.....

Gee...with the exception of one MASH in NY due to an idiot Government, we have not deployed MOST available assets....the hospital ships, at great cost were not used...

My county still is ZERO death from covid....

Get you critical thinking cap on and stop this hand wringing pee in your pants fear....you, we ---all ,are being played

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #79 on: July 10, 2020, 12:11:57 PM »
Well with the present Democrats, leftist and others had spent their time taking care of the people instead of trying to get rid of a president that had not taken an oath of office we would not be in this shape.  I hope come election time that the electoral college does what is right and does not let the goveners of their states threaten then into voting the way the democzars want them to vote.   How can we have a president that does not know where he is,  what day of the week it is and want a running mate that has stated in numerous speeches they want to change this country to the country they left.  As far as Socialism, look at the countries now under socialism what shape they are in.  Also as far as the BLM agenda, why not change it to Human Lives Matter.  The media wont show the shootings by black people in the black areas in which they are shooting their own people including children.  As far as the police departments they need to start hiring police that live in the area they will be serving.  Of course that would be Black police in Black neighborhoods and non blacks in non black areas.   I know here our police department says you must live within the city limits to serve/work here. S?P
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Offline Tony Drago

• Captain
« Reply #80 on: July 10, 2020, 01:12:57 PM »
( I hope come election time that the electoral college does what is right and does not let the goveners of their states threaten them into voting the way the democzars want them to vote. )

Didn't the Supreme Court just vote, that the electoral college has to vote accordingly as their states majority vote.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #81 on: July 10, 2020, 02:30:30 PM »
But did you see where a couple of the states said the college will vote according to the governor or lose their position? D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Offline Tony Drago

• Captain
« Reply #82 on: July 10, 2020, 03:45:32 PM »
I just read that the states must honor the Supreme Courts ruling. That the states elecotoral college represntatives must honor the choice of their states voters.
 The justices unanimously rejected the claim that electors have a right under the Constitution  to defy their states and vote for the candidate of their choice. "Electors are not free agents," Justice Elena Kagan said for the court.
They are to vote for the candidate whom the states voters have chosen.

Offline Andre Ming

• Captain
« Reply #83 on: July 10, 2020, 10:23:45 PM »
Well, I no longer live in eastern Oklahoma. I now live in the Muscogee Indian Nation, for the Supreme Court has decreed that the Muscogee Nation is now sovereign. Thus the eastern portion of Oklahoma is now the Mocogee Nation! The left is going to great lengths to divide the red states.

This will be interesting.

Andre

Offline Dennis Moritz

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
Masks
« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2020, 12:51:44 AM »
What is Europe doing? How did they get a handle on the infection rate?

South Korea as of June 30, 2020
Number of confirmed cases: 12800
Number of deaths: 282

First with wide spread infections after China.
Population of South Korea: 51 million. If they had 300 million like us, doing the math,
projected number of deaths (roughly): 1692

The virus takes a ride on our bodily fluids. A cloth or even layered paper mask means you keep your spit to yourself as you speak.

How about our free market medical system that some here have extolled?

Three months ago the same folks peddling their wisdom insisted Covid 19 a hoax. The spread of Covid 19 attributed to socialized medicine.

Making America number 1 again. 133,000 and counting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 01:55:43 AM by Dennis Moritz »

Online Reptoid

• Captain
« Reply #85 on: July 11, 2020, 01:25:29 AM »
That number of 133,00 is straight up bullshit and anyone with a brain knows it. Every other cause of death in the US is down from last year. You think that's a coincidence you're high. When they lie to you by counting all deaths as COVID you can't believe anything they tell you. Fauci is as crooked as a mud fence and hasn't been right about anything he's predicted for over 30 years. They can't even get the story straight about how it's transmitted. Three days ago a WHO doctor announced that it can only be transmitted by a person who is actively showing signs of illness (coughjing, sneezing, fever, etc). So why did we put all the healthy people under house arrest. You can catch it at Church or voting but not at Walmart. You can catch it at the beach, but not at the liquor or pot store. Right..................Sick of the lies and bullshit 
Regards,
       Don
       AMA # 3882

Online Gary Dowler

• Admiral
« Reply #86 on: July 11, 2020, 01:57:21 AM »
What is Europe doing? How did they get a handle on the infection rate?

South Korea as of June 30, 2020
Number of confirmed cases: 12800
Number of deaths: 282

First with wide spread infections after China.
Population of South Korea: 51 million. If they had 300 million like us doing the math,
projected number of deaths (roughly): 1692

The virus takes a ride on our bodily fluids. A cloth or even layered paper mask means you keep your spit to yourself as you speak.

How about our free market medical system that some here have extolled?

Three months ago the same folks peddling their wisdom insisted Covid 19 a hoax. The spread of Covid 19 attributed to socialized medicine.

Making America number 1 again. 133,000 and counting.

It’s easy. The other countries are reporting on it honestly, and  we aren’t.  Why aren’t we? Easy. The presence of Donald J Trump in the White House, a situation the political left cannot stand and will literally do anything to change.
Profanity is the crutch of the illiterate mind

Offline Dennis Moritz

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
Masks
« Reply #87 on: July 11, 2020, 02:09:54 AM »
All those fakes stuffed into ICUS. The refrigerator trucks on their way to the Midwest and South, staged. A wise one here theorized the same a few months back about events in Europe. Covid would never come here. The “truth” Teller in Chief started this Culture War to distract and confuse the gullible. Suits his purposes. I wonder how. A culture war over what? Whether or not to take basic precautions for health. Of course no one gets anywhere near him without being tested that day.

Offline Dennis Moritz

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #88 on: July 11, 2020, 02:43:36 AM »
67 percent
33 percent

Offline EddyR

• Admiral
« Reply #89 on: July 11, 2020, 07:24:03 AM »
Went to two doctors this week . My regular med Doctor has you wait in car and you do not get out of car with out temp check and mask. No mask go home. They offer you a free mask if needed. Next day went to eye doctor and you do not get in building without mask. They offer free one if needed. No staff has been sick in ether office. Both were large firms in Concord NC.  I live in very rural area 30 miles from Charlotte. Charlotte is a hot spot.
 I do not have a voice in what you do just telling you what you will run into so be prepared.
Ed
Locust NC 40 miles from the Huntersville field

Offline Dwayne Donnelly

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
  • Balsa Beavers Toronto Canada
« Reply #90 on: July 11, 2020, 07:49:37 AM »
I'm not a conspiracy theorist in any way, it is not a hoax, it was not man made and Bill Gates is not trying to kill old people to corner the market on vaccines, (That last one is hilarious and my poor brother honestly believes it) That being said the US death rate numbers are definitely inflated, but also that being said other Country's most definitely did a better job, fact is most of the world dropped the ball on this and when it's over we need to hold our Governments accountable. 
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 08:30:38 AM by Dwayne Donnelly »
My purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #91 on: July 11, 2020, 08:36:15 AM »
    Here in the  St. Louis area, they spent millions of dollars to built a huge refrigerated warehouse to store the bodies and I think they may have put one or two in there. They also spent millions of dollars to convert a local hotel into an overflow hospital with a high fence and gate around it that is right around the corner from where I live, and it never saw a patient but was guarded by a State Trooper 24 hours a day. Now even with the recent "spikes" (which I think is over inflated) they have dismantled the over flow hospital. We now have the mandatory mask rule for everyone except the "peaceful" protesters.
   Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
« Reply #92 on: July 11, 2020, 06:19:28 PM »
My very at risk ass climed on two AA flights today to visit a dear ailing Army buddy in Alabama

Embry Air 145....47 pax
No service, no alcohol,,,,period!

In airport mandatory mask....same on plane

I have a photo but will let others describe a Embry145 Regional jet seating......so much for distancing...

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline Keith Renecle

• Captain
« Reply #93 on: July 11, 2020, 11:33:05 PM »
Hi All,
I'm just one of those curious people that need to know how stuff works. I've been reading articles and reference papers and watching loads of YouTube videos on this subject and trying hard to apply my own technical common sense to this whole issue since it started. On thing is for sure is that the whole world has been mostly scammed and that's why many call it a "scamdemic". There are however so many good honest scientists out there that do not have political agenda's or are trying to get rich selling books, so there is really no excuse for not finding out what is really going down. I could make a list of all of  these folks but it is loooooong! Just this morning I watched a good old common sense doctor on the PragerU channel that sums up so many basic questions up really well and it makes for good listening. With all of the recent data facts available right now this makes perfect sense IMHO.

Keith R
Keith R

Offline EddyR

• Admiral
« Reply #94 on: July 12, 2020, 06:45:10 AM »
  Thanks Keith.    That is the best interview I have seen with out a agenda.
Ed
Locust NC 40 miles from the Huntersville field

Offline Steve Dwyer

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #95 on: July 12, 2020, 07:37:40 AM »
So where does it leave the older folks or the more susceptible with health issues that would like to continue their lives as before the virus? The doctor points out the "ineffectiveness" of masks and the problems with large crowd gatherings. He goes on to promote the opening everything and states younger people are such a low risk they have little to worry about almost to the point where he implies the rest of us are overreacting. I would have liked to see here more concern for the older folks; how the unaffected younger population should conduct themselves with consideration of the surrounding more susceptible.
Are we supposed to stay locked down while the world goes on with little regard for our health? Interesting also the doc begins pointing out how there are many out there promoting books and making money from the virus opportunity then he concludes saying he is writing a book? Seems a bit contradictory doesn't it? Is he just another out there hyping their opinion for financial benefit? I think I'll stay with Dr. Fauci, he's my age and makes more sense.

Offline Andre Ming

• Captain
« Reply #96 on: July 12, 2020, 08:05:23 AM »
I think I'll stay with Dr. Fauci, he's my age and makes more sense.

Your first challenge will be WHICH whim of Fauci are you going to stay with? He's changed and morphed his story so many times it's hard to follow.

Andre

Offline Steve Dwyer

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #97 on: July 12, 2020, 08:22:21 AM »
Can you blame him..... now that he is not under the constraints of Trump's bogus national virus taskforce he is speaking more freely and telling the public the real facts.

Offline Steve Dwyer

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #98 on: July 12, 2020, 08:31:01 AM »
Hey, why should it be a "challenge" for us? Because the "Young and Restless" or I should say "Careless" don't give a damn about the older society??

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #99 on: July 12, 2020, 09:11:45 AM »

I got this link this morning from a friend.  Lots of common sense in it. I don't trust Fauci  as far as I could throw his dead carcass. If there is anyone that is profiting from this scamdemic it's him. Big pharma can be pretty ruthless. He often talks about how long it may take to get a vaccine, but in reality they may now want to find a vaccine or cure. There is much more money in treatments. I think they could cure the common cold, which is a corona virus, but then who would buy all the cold symptom relief  products out there!?? Same with the Aids virus. Many virus' out there with no vaccine but plenty of "treatments" available. Most of the inflated death figures have been elderly people that already had serious health issues threatening their lives. Many people in nursing homes have died, and I don't mean to sound cold hearted, but nursing homes are where people go to die when they can not take care of themselves. The saddest part about that is the fact that they will not let families be there with them in their final moments, and I don't not see the problem with family being there to say goodbye as long as they wear proper protection. In my family, it is a private sort of joke that non of us want to waist away in a nursing home, and we all refer to them with a nick name, " The Check out Lane."  On the other hand, many elderly people, even over 100 years old, are surviving. You can't trust the media to give you correct information. I don't care what the numbers say, numbers are like Play-Doh, you can make anything you want out of them. There are still many, many more people dying from other common diseases that aren't warranting a pandemic decree. Over as million from Tuberculosis alone. Between this virus issue and the ongoing instigation of violence by radical left wing groups, what we are witnessing in this country at this time is a coup attempt , flat, plain and simple. If you can not see or understand this, the unprecedented happenings and actions being taken against a sitting president, you need to have paid attention a little more to history classes.
   I hope the link works. If it doesn't, some one help me out!
   Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here