News:

• April 27, 2024, 09:08:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: has anybody mixed sig butyrate thinner with brodak butyrate clear dope?  (Read 714 times)

Offline paulwells66

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
ran out of brodak thinner.  has anybody mixed sig butyrate thinner with brodak clear butyrate dope? I ran out :(

Online Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: has anybody mixed sig butyrate thinner with brodak butyrate clear dope?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2020, 01:33:11 PM »
Yes, works fine. The Brodak thinner seems to gas off quicker and let's the dope be odor free and harden in a shorter period then Sig.

Best,    DennisT

Offline Jim Svitko

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2020, 02:16:15 PM »
If you have a supplier of Randolph products near you the Randolph thinner can also be used with Brodak dope.  The last time I bought a gallon of Randolph butyrate thinner the cost was $48 at a local aircraft supply.

Offline Gary Dowler

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2020, 04:15:29 PM »
One of the long list of brilliant things I’ve picked up from Paul is this product for nearly all dope thinning needs.  It’s like $16 a gallon at Home Depot
Profanity is the crutch of the illiterate mind

Offline Larry Fernandez

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2020, 05:06:21 PM »
One of the long list of brilliant things I’ve picked up from Paul is this product for nearly all dope thinning needs.  It’s like $16 a gallon at Home Depot

I’ve been using Klean Strip lacquer thinner for years.  I would point out, that you want to use the high VOC thinner. The low VOC stuff turns to snot when mixed with dope.
I would also add that the Klean Strip thinner drys fast and will blush in high humidity. So be sure to have some retarder handy.

Larry, Buttafucco Stunt Team

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here