News:

• May 16, 2024, 07:02:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ENTER the NATS of the AMA web site ???  (Read 371 times)

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
ENTER the NATS of the AMA web site ???
« on: July 05, 2020, 10:29:56 AM »
Thus still isn't working.

I tried to get on it several times & could not find "enter the NATS".  Then I finally dug deep enough to find it and entered what events I could find.  But a major event was left off the menu.

When they finally posted the missing event, it wouldn't let me add the event without paying the $50 registration again.  Now the site is changed again so I can't event get to the "enter the NATS" page.  They don't answer the phone, return calls, or respond to e mails.  I'm afraid AMA may have folded altogether.
Paul Smith

Offline Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: ENTER the NATS of the AMA web site ???
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2020, 11:01:53 AM »
I don't know about the website-it can be confusing sometimes but they are alive and well at AMA.  I'm sure they took the long weekend off before the Nats begin.  Some may still be working from home.  Call on Monday.

Dave
AMA 20934
FAA Certificate FA3ATY4T94

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2020, 05:32:01 PM »
AMA's web site is not just "confusing", it's flat-out disfunctional.

Go ahead and try to enter The Nats.  See for yourself.   I buy things off the internet all the time with little or NO problem.
Paul Smith

Offline BillLee

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2020, 08:56:16 PM »
AMA's web site is not just "confusing", it's flat-out disfunctional.

Go ahead and try to enter The Nats.  See for yourself.   I buy things off the internet all the time with little or NO problem.
Paul is right: dysfunctional!

Try using it to enter events in more than one discipline ... like racing and speed.... or any other two.

Sorry, Charlie, it just doesn't work.

IMHO, the whole website is very poorly designed! To go along with just not working in some cases.
Bill Lee
AMA 20018

Tom Vieira

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2020, 05:50:29 AM »
it's easier to use google for anything on the AMA site, at least Google knows how to index things....

"Academy of Model Aeronautics NATS registration" even then, because they created another server for it, it's the second choice for links...

http://nats.modelaircraft.org/register/

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2020, 12:15:19 PM »
I was finally able to get AMA on the telephone and discuss these issues.

They admit that the adding of events and entering two or more categories doesn't work.  The recommended fix is Ma Bell's Lines.

I was guided through the path to enter, the bold face heading that doesn't look like a link (to me) actually is the link to register.

The awards have already been ordered.  The minimum of ONE prize per event will be honored.  But the next level (two prizes) is based on 4 entries.  The time has passed so the entries listed are what they are. 
Paul Smith

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here