News:

• May 23, 2024, 04:02:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Compared to what? - talk of the virus  (Read 9013 times)

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: Compared to what? - talk of the virus
« Reply #200 on: March 25, 2020, 10:28:03 AM »
Well it seems a few people are waking up as they are going to try and start people back to work.  from what I've read if you are sick, stay home.  If the employer fires you for being sick he is a cause of the spreading of illnesses.  Same with schools.  Healthy people can be cured.  But with out a motive to stay healthy and work we are doomed. R%%%%
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Dennis Moritz

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #201 on: March 26, 2020, 07:31:26 PM »
Do Not Treat Me List

Perhaps this idea has not occurred to the courageous conservatives among us.

Please inform your loved ones and legal representatives that you do no want to be treated for coronavirus infection under any circumstances. You prefer that the USA economy look good.

We are now number 1 in the world. Great work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #202 on: March 26, 2020, 08:03:38 PM »
  Well, take a poll of the states that are really struggling with this. Probably all have democrat governors.  That's who should be leading the charge in each state instead of crying to the Feds from the very beginning. Tons more should have been done at the state and local levels, that is their responsibility. I just hope that they stripped out all the crap that didn't have anything to do with the crisis that Pelosi and Shummer were trying to tack on to these emergency funding bills. Time will tell on that, and they should have to answer for any ramifications of their actions. Trump isn't the only one trying to get re-elected in November. The people should remember this.
    We now have the most confirmed cases, bur well behind the curve on deaths. That is good work. You forgot to mention that
  Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Dan Berry

• Admiral
« Reply #203 on: March 26, 2020, 08:07:02 PM »
Do Not Treat Me List

Please inform your loved ones and legal representatives that you do no want to be treated for coronavirus infection under any circumstances. You prefer that the USA economy look good.

Please post something asinine and stupid.

Offline Dennis Leonhardi

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • AirClassix on eBay
« Reply #204 on: March 26, 2020, 08:32:45 PM »
Please post something asinine and stupid.

You didn't expect anything logical, significant or non-political from Moritz, did you!?!

The great intellectual writes plays that consider the sexual attractiveness of furniture, for crying out loud ...  Deep, meaningful questions of life us mere mortals wouldn't think of.

Dennis

Think for yourself !  XXX might win the Nats, be an expert on designing, building, finishing, flying, tuning engines - but you might not wanna take tax advice from him.  Or consider his views on the climate to be fact ...

Offline Steve Scott

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
  • Terrorizing earthworms since '65
« Reply #205 on: March 26, 2020, 09:53:49 PM »
  Well, take a poll of the states that are really struggling with this. Probably all have democrat governors.  That's who should be leading the charge in each state instead of crying to the Feds from the very beginning. Tons more should have been done at the state and local levels, that is their responsibility. I just hope that they stripped out all the crap that didn't have anything to do with the crisis that Pelosi and Shummer were trying to tack on to these emergency funding bills. Time will tell on that, and they should have to answer for any ramifications of their actions. Trump isn't the only one trying to get re-elected in November. The people should remember this.
    We now have the most confirmed cases, bur well behind the curve on deaths. That is good work. You forgot to mention that
  Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee
As of Friday night the state of MN goes on a mandatory Stay at Home order.   We have less than 400 confirmed cases, 2 deaths and some of the best medical facilities and medical tech companies on the planet but everyone realizes if you don't take aggressive preemptive measures, you'll quickly overwhelm the ability for critical care for those needing it.

Our governor is democrat, a 24 year member of the National Guard and the highest enlisted ranking member (CSM) to have served in Congress.  His background is a high school teacher and football coach.

He is attracting considerable attention nation-wide because of his extraordinary leadership skills during this crisis.  He knows better than to start a partisan argument.

I wish the rest of you would do that, too.

Offline Dan Berry

• Admiral
« Reply #206 on: March 26, 2020, 09:59:39 PM »

You didn't expect anything logical, significant or non-political from Moritz, did you!?!

The great intellectual writes plays that consider the sexual attractiveness of furniture, for crying out loud ...  Deep, meaningful questions of life us mere mortals wouldn't think of.

Dennis
I did not. It’s actually minor league TDS.  Until he blames Trump for his debit card getting hacked he isn’t serious about his TDS.

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #207 on: March 27, 2020, 12:34:06 AM »
You know, my uncle was a great person. He was at MIT. He taught at MIT for, I think, like a record number of years. He was a great supergenius. Dr. John Trump,” Trump said. “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it. Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”

What topic did your uncle teach at MIT?  ??? Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Steve Helmick

• Admiral
« Reply #208 on: March 27, 2020, 12:52:26 AM »
Do Not Treat Me List

Did you consider that we're number 1 in the world for CV-19 simply because we've devised test kits, improved test kits, built more test kits, and devised more efficient ways to use the test kits? Hell no, you'd never look at it in any way that wasn't political. It's not a political problem, but Democrats are trying to make it into one. Meanwhile, they do their bumbling best to make themselves look like the geniuses they ARE NOT.    R%%%% Steve

"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Dennis Leonhardi

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • AirClassix on eBay
« Reply #209 on: March 27, 2020, 01:18:06 AM »
As of Friday night the state of MN goes on a mandatory Stay at Home order.   We have less than 400 confirmed cases, 2 deaths and some of the best medical facilities and medical tech companies on the planet but everyone realizes if you don't take aggressive preemptive measures, you'll quickly overwhelm the ability for critical care for those needing it.

Our governor is democrat, a 24 year member of the National Guard and the highest enlisted ranking member (CSM) to have served in Congress.  His background is a high school teacher and football coach.

He is attracting considerable attention nation-wide because of his extraordinary leadership skills during this crisis.  He knows better than to start a partisan argument.

I wish the rest of you would do that, too.

Good grief Steve, you need someone to proof-read for you ... you don't want to get partisan?

Even liberal media are writing stories about the Tim that campaigned vs the Tim now governing.  You obviously support the party that here in Minnesota wanted to (1) raise taxes, and then (2) decide what to do with the additional revenue?  Remind us, what is our state surplus at?  Even without the what, 70% increase in gas tax he proposed?

Dennis
Think for yourself !  XXX might win the Nats, be an expert on designing, building, finishing, flying, tuning engines - but you might not wanna take tax advice from him.  Or consider his views on the climate to be fact ...

Offline Dennis Moritz

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #210 on: March 27, 2020, 02:50:17 AM »
Yes. Yes. Do Not Treat Me List. I thought I was repeating the advice of the paid for conservative propaganda machines. Advice for you and yours, not them and theirs. Let's see. Within nine days, the current time span of this thread, we have gone from this is a hoax to hey, we're number one in infections world wide. Guess you didn't notice that General Bone Spur is free and easy with the truth. In fact, never is about the truth, always about propaganda. Lied about number of tests available, ventilators available, prospectus for a vaccine, number of people infected, mortality of the disease, you name it. Called the pandemic a hoax. Four hundred cases? It only takes a few. This is the most infectious disease yet. Keep on barking, trained seals who sound like dogs.

Offline John Lindberg

• 21 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #211 on: March 27, 2020, 12:26:09 PM »
Trump in 2020! All the way! He took out two dynasties, the Bush gang, and the totally corrupt Hillary! Yeah!  #^ #^ #^ #^

Offline Trostle

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #212 on: March 27, 2020, 05:17:51 PM »

Called the pandemic a hoax.

Dennis,

You claim that President Trump called this pandemic a hoax.  Please enlighten us when and where he made this claim.  Just because it may have been reported on maybe CNN and/or MSNBC certainly does not make it so.

Keith

Online Tom McClain

• Charter Member
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #213 on: March 27, 2020, 06:11:30 PM »
Dennis,

You claim that President Trump called this pandemic a hoax.  Please enlighten us when and where he made this claim.  Just because it may have been reported on maybe CNN and/or MSNBC certainly does not make it so.

Keithg

Keith, this has been a discredited statement/meme by the mainstream media and the Democrats to discredit the President. The only way that Mr. moritz and his ilk can say anything about this alleged hoax accusation is to lie about it. Which Mr. moritz will do if he mistakenly replies to your question.

What really puts a lie to Mr. moritz's accusation is the fact that the President locked China out of the US on January 31 to keep the Chinese/Wuhan virus out as long as possible. And this was during the Democrat attempt to impeach the President. And he was immediately branded a xenophobic racist by the mainstream media and the Democrat party. So obviously he never said the Chinese wuhan virus was a hoax. And no one here did either.
Tom McClain

Offline Dennis Leonhardi

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • AirClassix on eBay
« Reply #214 on: March 27, 2020, 07:04:37 PM »
Yes. Yes. Do Not Treat Me List. I thought I was repeating the advice of the paid for conservative propaganda machines. Advice for you and yours, not them and theirs. Let's see. Within nine days, the current time span of this thread, we have gone from this is a hoax to hey, we're number one in infections world wide. Guess you didn't notice that General Bone Spur is free and easy with the truth. In fact, never is about the truth, always about propaganda. Lied about number of tests available, ventilators available, prospectus for a vaccine, number of people infected, mortality of the disease, you name it. Called the pandemic a hoax. Four hundred cases? It only takes a few. This is the most infectious disease yet. Keep on barking, trained seals who sound like dogs.

Moritz, one day you may realize honest discourse begins by treating with respect those who might disagree with you - but Today is obviously not that day!

If you could simply come out of the ivory tower for a moment - and put aside your lust for that chair - you might progress to the 3rd grade level ...

Dennis

Offline Arlan McKee

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #215 on: March 27, 2020, 07:49:12 PM »
Anyone who believes the numbers that China has posted is a FOOL.
Period.

Offline Steve Helmick

• Admiral
« Reply #216 on: March 27, 2020, 08:09:05 PM »
Not to mention North Korea. They've reported ZERO cases, but most likely something was lost in the translation, and they meant that ZERO cases survived due to lead poisoning. The fact remains that if there is no testing for COVID19, there will be ZERO confirmed cases and ZERO confirmed fatalities. If we have cranked out enough test kits and test enough people suspected to have it, we WILL find more than anyplace else.

Meanwhile, watch where you cough and sneeze! DO NOT do it in public, lest you get glared at by the masses of dumbasses. It's allergy season here.  y1 Steve

Offline Arlan McKee

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #217 on: March 27, 2020, 08:28:10 PM »
The greenish/yellow pollen started falling in Western Tennessee last weekend. Lots of people sneezing and a lot of awkward looks.
I work for an Agricultural and Environmental laboratory.  I began putting equipment together today to start producing hand sanitizer next week. We have only been a testing laboratory for the last 44 years. Now we are going to package a product for distribution.
Strange times we are living in.

Offline John Lindberg

• 21 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #218 on: March 28, 2020, 07:03:24 AM »
Not to mention North Korea. They've reported ZERO cases, but most likely something was lost in the translation, and they meant that ZERO cases survived due to lead poisoning. The fact remains that if there is no testing for COVID19, there will be ZERO confirmed cases and ZERO confirmed fatalities. If we have cranked out enough test kits and test enough people suspected to have it, we WILL find more than anyplace else.

Meanwhile, watch where you cough and sneeze! DO NOT do it in public, lest you get glared at by the masses of dumbasses. It's allergy season here.  y1 Steve
Don't forget, Iran does not have ANY homosexuals! Remember that one?

Online Tom McClain

• Charter Member
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #219 on: March 28, 2020, 08:13:51 AM »
Don't forget, Iran does not have ANY homosexuals! Remember that one?

Iran gives their homosexuals three choices:

1. Surgical transition to the opposite sex.
2. Psychological conversion therapy.
3. Execution.

Don't believe me, look it up.
Tom McClain

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #220 on: March 28, 2020, 08:34:27 AM »
What really puts a lie to Mr. moritz's accusation is the fact that the President locked China out of the US on January 31 to keep the Chinese/Wuhan virus out as long as possible. And this was during the Democrat attempt to impeach the President. And he was immediately branded a xenophobic racist by the mainstream media and the Democrat party.

Yes, they had something more important on their, er, "minds", for lack of a better word - that was the day he was exonerated from their impeachment!  Obviously they thought that was the priority, not dealing with a medical emergency.

To be fair, one of the charges was the dastardly and traitorous "Obstruction of Congress" - which is not only not a crime, not traitorous, not dastardly, but (had they bothered to read and understand the Constitution) *is the president's job description!*   The Founders *intended* the three branches of government to be in almost constant conflict and trying to obstruct each other's agendas - because if they were, the only laws that would be passed were those that had wide general acclaim. "Gridlock" was the goal, they expected them to be at each other's throats most of the time, in order to limit the activities of government. It was designed to be confrontational.

The notion that the government is meant to conduct itself with quiet dignity and intellectual detachment like an Ivy league debating society or gentlemen's club is utterly ludicrous. It's *supposed to be a continual series of arguments*, to *protect the citizens from endless meddling by the government*. If they are fighting with each other, they aren't figuring out ways to create a ruling class. Trump is a deeply flawed individual, but he sees and reflects exactly the sort of thing they were talking about. He even found a catchy name for it - The Swamp. 

Brett
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 08:52:56 AM by Brett Buck »

Offline Dennis Moritz

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #221 on: March 28, 2020, 09:10:01 AM »
What happened? You courageous conservatives. Go back to work. Rip off the 95 mask. Sign. I DO NOT WANT TO BE TREATED LIST. Just because I proposed this a day before the orange inflatable's appeal that amounts to the same thing. Hey. I was a day ahead. Thank me.

Offline Dan Berry

• Admiral
« Reply #222 on: March 28, 2020, 09:38:11 AM »

Dennis

And he never disappoints.
He is still minor league(double A at best) with his TDS but he does try hard.

Online Robert Zambelli

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #223 on: March 28, 2020, 10:04:47 AM »
WOW!!!
This thread has gotten totally out-of-hand but I'm pleased to say that it has opened up some really good dialog.
Very good and thoughtful replies from most of the conservatives and the expected useless DRIVEL from the left/liberal/democrats who have absolutely nothing of value to contribute.
Seems like they're composed mostly of Trump hating miscreants who will try and find anything to denigrate our great leader.
Some from the USA, others from foreign countries (totally useless individuals) all having a common goal: destroy Trump!
I suspect that those from the USA supported/voted for obama and clinton, (yeah, I know at least one of you voted for clinton - care to explain why?) two of the worst, most pathetic excuses for politicians in history.
Notice how when they are asked who could do a better job of running the country, not one of them can supply a name!
dr moritz - how about some complete sentences so we can understand your rants.? And, by the way, what is an orange inflatable?
What shape do you think this country would be in if your gal hilary had won? You know, the queen of stupid statements!
And I seriously doubt that anyone on this thread will "thank you", even though you continue to prove, without a shadow of doubt that liberalism is indeed a mental disorder.

Bob Z.

Offline Dan Berry

• Admiral
« Reply #224 on: March 28, 2020, 10:32:05 AM »

- how about some complete sentences so we can understand your rants.? And, by the way, what is an orange inflatable?

Bob Z.

This is a technique they use when they are out of thoughts in an attempt to be witty by half.

Offline Arlan McKee

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #225 on: March 28, 2020, 11:04:00 AM »
This is a technique they use when they are out of thoughts in an attempt to be witty by half.
With Moritz it''s just more word salad. Perhaps it's an omage to Joe Biden's disastrous week of interviews. Birds of a feather........

Offline Norm Faith Jr.

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
  • The physics of flight releases the soul.
« Reply #226 on: March 28, 2020, 11:41:16 AM »

Hey Dan! There for a moment I thought...How the hell did William Ellis Williams get on stunt hangar? I guess there is "one in every crowd."  S?P  ;D
Norm
Circlepilot   AMA9376

Offline Dan Berry

• Admiral
« Reply #227 on: March 28, 2020, 11:44:50 AM »
Hey Dan! There for a moment I thought...How the hell did William Ellis Williams get on stunt hangar? I guess there is "one in every crowd."  S?P  ;D
Norm

Well, they all use the same lame playbook based on OMB.

Offline Norm Faith Jr.

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
  • The physics of flight releases the soul.
« Reply #228 on: March 28, 2020, 11:50:24 AM »
Well, they all use the same lame playbook based on OMB.

Sorta like flies on a warm turd?  ;D
Circlepilot   AMA9376

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #229 on: March 28, 2020, 01:28:41 PM »
Seeing this is politics, I'd thought I'd tell my Donald Trump story.

It's a true story. Believe it or not.

Wife and I plus a few other friends were attending an event in Palm Beach. A hoity toity event for charity. No don't get nervous, wife and I are broke, always have been, feel better? LL~

Anyway we were there because we were accompanying a couple who invited us. The couple was involved with the charity and my wife got to know them because my wife did volunteer work in Palm Beach for the charity organizers when they had their sales.

Like a local "cake sale," except it's all high end stuff that wealthy people donate. Like jewelry everyone has see, diamonds, bracelets, family heirlooms, high end designer clothing stuff like that. Stuff most people don't need or can afford. My wife did this because they allowed volunteers first dibs on the treasures. Smart!

Anyway again. Yea, plenty of interesting people all gathered enjoying themselves and having a wealthy time. I was sick, wishing I still had my Breitling Navitimer and short cuffs.

Well, low an behold, and I know you knew I was getting to this sooner or later, guess who was there? C'mon, take a wild guess? Yes! Donald J. Trump. And guess who else? Rush Limbaugh.

Wife and I were at a Palm Beach Christmas event some time after this and I actually shook hands with Rush Limbaugh. Rush, like I know him well, Rush donated the Christmas tree. Not sure if he donated the lighting and ornaments, but the tree he did. And what a tree! Front Row tree.

OK, back to Donald Trump. Are you ready?

I've learned early on in life to keep my distance from celebrities, Yea I've been around a few and I know one in particular who is an actor.

Actors, not many but some have a bit to offer. You can learn from them. They don't like it when they attend events and "the public" swarms all over them. You can imagine this, well, maybe not.

Anyway anyway, Donald J Trump, Rush Limbaugh and I are at this charity event. Yes, they were politely swarmed, politely. Not tons of people around them but on and off, but never really alone or given space. Everyone deserves space.

So, being the wise guy I am, I decided not go up to either one of them. Who would think of not going up to Donald J. Trump or Rush Limbaugh when given the opportunity.

I didn't see Rush, there I go again, I mean Mr. Limbaugh leave, but he had. The evening was slowing down. So I'm thinking, do I, do I not, approach Donald, oops, Mr. Trump?

I decided to. ARE YOU READY!! ARE YOU REALLY READY!!!

As I walking towards Donald, as he noticed I was going to approach him, he started walking towards me. His hand extended, I will never forget what he said to me.

"So, you think you're the third smartest person in the room?"

Can you believe that!! And there's more to the story because now, I had Donald all to myself.

He's an amazing individual.

Believe this story or not.

Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Dan Berry

• Admiral
« Reply #230 on: March 28, 2020, 02:59:55 PM »
Well, I talked to a lot of people overhere in Europe, and we think that can be a solution, the more trumpies do a
'Surgical transition to the opposite sex', the better, most are old anyway, so not much more nagging in total.
Kind regards;

Max
See post93 again

Offline Chris McMillin

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • AMA 32529
« Reply #231 on: March 28, 2020, 03:36:25 PM »
So you joined here to post about a foreign country's politics instead of Stunt models, Max? You have 26 fuckin' posts, dude.
Chris...

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #232 on: March 28, 2020, 05:33:06 PM »
Well I said something about this on another thread and I will repeat it here.  How many remember the virous that killed opver a million people back in 1957 according WHO(World Health Organization)?  S?P 
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Online Robert Zambelli

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #233 on: March 28, 2020, 06:34:06 PM »
My responses:
1) I don’t know what you’re tired of but I’m pretty sure that nobody on this site gives a rat’s ass.
2) Mike is acting quite normal. You on the other hand should look in a mirror and possibly reevaluate your definition of normal.
3) What on earth does an extra gun enter into the subject? I, by the way, have many.

Mike;

We are also tired of this crap.
Please stop and act normal.
New extra gun today?

Offline Tony Drago

• Captain
« Reply #234 on: March 28, 2020, 07:23:36 PM »
Well I said something about this on another thread and I will repeat it here.  How many remember the virous that killed opver a million people back in 1957 according WHO(World Health Organization)?  S?P
/quote]
  Remember it well. We were living in Brooklyn N.Y. at the time.
The pandemic is estimated to have killed one million people, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). - 1957: Asian flu - The first cases of this variant of the flu, also a type A, were identified in February 1957 in China's southwestern province of Guizhou.

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #235 on: March 28, 2020, 09:31:37 PM »
So you joined here to post about a foreign country's politics instead of Stunt models, Max? You have 26 fuckin' posts, dude.
Chris...

In fact, it's almost like he came here entirely to make idiotic political comments. It's like Moritz and Peabody, you can safely ignore anything they have to say on any topic.

Brett

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #236 on: March 28, 2020, 09:36:41 PM »
Over here in England, the govt. seems to be doing all the right things, introducing measures at the appropriate time etc., but the news media are letting us down!  There's too much 'shock, horror!' journalism, and the prevailing mood (which they're trying to pass on to the general public) is: "PANIC! PANIC! We're all gonna die!  AAAAAGH!!!". 

Virus Porn. We have it, in fact, almost nothing but that, here.

Brett

Offline Andre Ming

• Captain
Searching to find my new place in this hobby!

Offline Dan Berry

• Admiral
« Reply #238 on: March 28, 2020, 10:27:19 PM »
and we think
';

Don't do that.
It only hurts your team.

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Dennis Moritz

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #240 on: March 29, 2020, 10:44:28 AM »
Must be a hoax.

Offline Dennis Moritz

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #241 on: March 29, 2020, 11:27:16 AM »
Damn arrogant Europeans, when they get sick they don’t go bankrupt.

Offline Dennis Moritz

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #242 on: March 29, 2020, 11:28:26 AM »
Suddenly Bernie’s price tag sounds doable. Oh. Guess it was doable before the hoax.

Offline Trostle

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #243 on: March 29, 2020, 12:29:57 PM »

Guess it was doable before the hoax.

You still have not answered the question about your source where you claim that President Trump called this carona virus thing a hoax.  See Post #222 on March 27.

Your silence speaks volumes.

Keith
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 01:19:49 PM by Trostle »

Offline Andre Ming

• Captain
« Reply #244 on: March 29, 2020, 04:38:32 PM »
Thanks for the link Aviojet.

Food for thought.

One thing I will say is that I am having difficulty harmonizing some of these types of essays with what is supposedly happening in NYC.

Unfortunately, the entire news industry is so untrustworthy it's very difficult to know what to trust, including the reports coming out of NYC.

Andre

Offline Andre Ming

• Captain
« Reply #245 on: March 29, 2020, 08:43:00 PM »
Another report of interest:

Andre

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #246 on: March 29, 2020, 08:51:30 PM »
Damn arrogant Europeans, when they get sick they don’t go bankrupt.

Right, when they get sick, *we* go bankrupt - because their existence depends on US economics and defense.

Brett

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #247 on: March 29, 2020, 09:36:59 PM »
Thanks for the link Aviojet.

Food for thought.

One thing I will say is that I am having difficulty harmonizing some of these types of essays with what is supposedly happening in NYC.

Unfortunately, the entire news industry is so untrustworthy it's very difficult to know what to trust, including the reports coming out of NYC.

Andre

There's plenty of newspapers that make it a point to tell the truth.

Thing is, they are on line.

A suggestion, join Twitter, yea I know, but you pick and choose. At least you see bits of articles written in these papers and you can decide to visit and read the article or not.

A good thing to remember. Who's this guy or gal writing this piece? Who are they working for? And why this topic?

You have to do homework to get correct news.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/03/stunning-pelosi-blames-trump-for-coronavirus-after-she-pushed-tourists-to-visit-chinatown-in-late-february-weeks-after-trump-bans-china-flights/

Offline katana

• Commander
« Reply #248 on: March 30, 2020, 02:37:01 AM »
   Right, when they get sick, *we* go bankrupt - because their existence depends on US economics and defense.

Brett

Take your head out of your arse Brett! We do not rely on US products, no more than you do on ours! As much as you want to deny it - everyone is buying Chinese because they want cheap - and cheap sells no matter how patriotic you are. And being the world largest arms dealer, where do you expect us to buy from? Russia? China? Oh sorry you mean 'Boots on the Ground', well we've spilt enough blood along with US forces to know what 'defence' entails - stop bigging yourselves up as the world's saviour - its unbecoming, arrogant and not unlike a school bully beating up the little kids for their pocket money!

Offline John Park

• Agricola
  • Captain
« Reply #249 on: March 30, 2020, 03:41:49 AM »
Over here, as in the US, the news media seem to be full of (generally conflicting) statements from people referred to as 'experts'.  I feel moved to offer one of my favourite quotes, which dates from the late nineteenth century: "No lesson seems to be so deeply inculcated by the experience of life as that you never should trust experts: if you listen to the doctors, nothing is wholesome; if you listen to the theologians, nothing is innocent; if you listen to the soldiers, nothing is safe." (Lord Salisbury).
You want to make 'em nice, else you get mad lookin' at 'em!

Advertise Here

Sorry, this topic is locked. Only admins and moderators can reply.
Tags:

Advertise Here