News:

• May 28, 2024, 03:20:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Compared to what? - talk of the virus  (Read 9073 times)

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: Compared to what? - talk of the virus
« Reply #150 on: March 22, 2020, 10:31:17 PM »
  It would be nice to get some consistent , real information, instead of the panic and hysteria that the media is shoveling out at us. Even with the map that Ted posted the link to, it doesn't show any recovered cases in this country, and I find it hard to believe that no one has been considered recovered. All the head lines I see and news I hear is the Mayor of New York blaming everyone else, mainly the President, for his problems in New York city. And the President is correct, if the states are poorly prepared that is not the federal governments fault, but the fault of the governments of those states. The states that are the least prepared should take care of their leadership problems at the next election. Trillions of dollars are being literally dumped on this in an attempt to smother the problem. Trump can't do it all himself, the states have to be pulling their end of the rope also. 330,000 total cases world wide, and 14,600 deaths  world wide, out of a population of 7.8  BILLION people. As this threads title continues to ask, so do I . Compared to what? 14,000 deaths isn't half way to what we had in flu deaths since the 2018,2019 flu seasons to today IN THIS COUNTRY ALONE.  The level of panic and hysteria just doesn't match the level of the threat in my opinion. If you are dead from Covid19 you are not any more dead than you are from the current flu virus which is killing more people, even the "normally healthy."  The US is at approximately 33,000 cases and 460 deaths, out of a population of 330,000,000. That is three hundred and thirty million people. This just all does not add up and answer why I can't go out tonight and buy a roll of toilet paper or a box of Frosted Flakes???
     Type at you later,
     Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #151 on: March 22, 2020, 11:32:09 PM »
 " Let’s hear your answers. " .

Joe Walsh

Walsh had often joked about running for office, announcing a mock presidential campaign in 1980 and a vice presidential campaign in 1992. Walsh ran for President of the United States in 1980, promising to make "Life's Been Good" the new national anthem if he won, and ran on a platform of "Free Gas For Everyone".[63] Though Walsh was only 32 at the time of the election and thus would not have met the 35-year-old requirement to actually assume office, he said that he wanted to raise public awareness of the election.[64] In 1992 Walsh ran for vice president with Rev. Goat Carson under the slogan "We Want Our Money Back!"[65]

NOT to be confused with JOSEPH Walsh ! . The current wotsit .

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Librays closed with the ballyhoo , from tomorrow . so my access to electronic wonders will be somewhat currtailed . Sighs of relief all round .

Offline Ed W. Prohaska

• New Pilot
« Reply #152 on: March 23, 2020, 12:12:29 AM »
So there were 34,200 flu deaths and 38,800 traffic deaths. Makes you wonder why more resources aren't directed to traffic safety and prevention and treatment of the flu. I live in a rural area of south east Nebraska on the Iowa border. Its something like Mayberry RFD, but the sheriff has more than one deputy and they aren't limited to 3 bullets.

We have cases of the virus and the numbers are growing, but its nothing like the runaway areas of New York and the west coast. Those places have a real emergency. It seems like Governor Cuomo is dealing with it more aggressively and systematically than the feds, but he can't print money. At least both coasts are getting a hospital ship, the Corp of Engineers is building field hospitals, hopefully as fast as the Chinese, cruise ships are being converted to floating hospitals and the feds are flooding the economy with cash.

Unfortunately we've spent the last 40 years shipping much of our manufacturing base overseas, mostly to Asia. I hope I'm wrong, but I just can't see Apple, Tesla or GM gearing up to make ventilators in the needed quantity and quality soon enough. The garment industry should be better positioned to make gowns, caps, booties and masks, but do we still have any garment industry here?

The virus should teach us, among other things, that we need to keep at least a small manufacturing base of critical items, and their supply chains, within our borders for situations like this, even if they must be government subsidized or government owned. It would be a lot easier to expand production of something that's already up and running on a small scale, than to start from scratch in an emergency with companies whose skill set is very different.

At least it seems that we only have to deal with one crisis at a time. Imagine what would happen if a major regional war erupted in Korea or the middle east, or both, while the virus was still running wild? Add to that a strong hurricane hitting Florida and the gulf coast plus a major earthquake in California and eruption of the Yellowstone Super Volcano. Sounds like a real doomsday prophesy. Improbable? Yes, very. Impossible? No. 

By the way, I feel better than I should for someone with my health history. I've survived cancer, a heart attack, almost a stroke, a ruptured hernia, surgeries for all of those issues, have been living with an autoimmune disease for nearly 30 years and I'm pre-diabetic. During the last 20 years I was the primary caregiver for my mother who passed in September of last year at age 98. For the past 10 years, and especially the last 5, care giving was almost an overwhelming job. As mom got sicker and needed more care, I got older and weaker.

I really empathize with the doctors, nurses and their many assistants fighting the virus on the front lines. This is a real challenge for them and it will get worse before it levels off and reduces. According to the news, if I get the virus, I'm toast, but I'm thinking that I just won't get it. If I'm wrong, well, nothing lasts forever. Later (maybe). EWP

Offline John Park

• Agricola
  • Captain
« Reply #153 on: March 23, 2020, 03:02:32 AM »
Over here in England, the govt. seems to be doing all the right things, introducing measures at the appropriate time etc., but the news media are letting us down!  There's too much 'shock, horror!' journalism, and the prevailing mood (which they're trying to pass on to the general public) is: "PANIC! PANIC! We're all gonna die!  AAAAAGH!!!". 
As for me, I'm in the throes of deciding whether to build a couple of 1/2A models for when we can get to use a circle an old flying buddy is carving out in the middle of his birch wood, or whether I should get on with my dream model, an own-design with Fancherised Twister 'numbers' and the styling of my favourite 1950s design, Josef Gabris's 'Master' (forerunner of his better-known 'Super Master').  I think the answer is: 1/2A models first, then the big one.  The new .46LA that's going in it needs a little running as well.
You want to make 'em nice, else you get mad lookin' at 'em!

Offline Dan Berry

• Admiral
« Reply #154 on: March 23, 2020, 08:19:22 AM »
Better president?
Ask anybody!

Max, from Europe.

See reply #94.

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #155 on: March 23, 2020, 08:47:24 AM »

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Again, a funny thing about this map that Ted posted the above link to. You can play around and click the different countries to see what's happening. If you click on the US, you get the total for number of cases and deaths, but 0 for recoveries. I find it strange that they have no data for recoveries.

Makes one wonder??
   Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824

Offline Jim Kraft

• Admiral
  • AMA78415
« Reply #156 on: March 23, 2020, 10:35:21 AM »
last I heard the death rate here is right at 2 percent of those that get it. That is the same as the flu. We are all going to suffer the economic effect of the panic.
Jim Kraft

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #157 on: March 23, 2020, 10:52:55 AM »
Never thought that the panic would hit Dallas but then I forgot we have a Democrat Mayor.  We go on lockdown at midnight tonight.  Everything will be shut down except utility bills and taxes. 

Ken
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Online Arlan McKee

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #158 on: March 23, 2020, 11:08:53 AM »
Spain and Italy reacted to late, just as you all do.
Face the consequences.

Max,
Several other people have already told you what a smug, pompous jerk you are so I won't bother with adding to that. Instead, since you think the Netherlands are so superior to the USA let's compare the current statistics.
In the USA as of this morning we have 39517 confirmed cases resulting in 473 deaths. So a little less than 1.2% of the cases have died. The total cases represent .012% of our population.
In the Netherlands this morning you have 4750 cases resulting in 213 deaths. That means 4.48% of the known cases died and .028% of the population is infected.
I am no mathematician, but it appears to me that your country has over twice the rate of infection and a death rate almost 4 times higher.

You would think that since your country has superior political and health systems to the USA that those numbers would be reversed.
Yet another case study in the wonders of socialized medicine.

Offline Robert Zambelli

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #159 on: March 23, 2020, 11:30:00 AM »
Max,
Several other people have already told you what a smug, pompous jerk you are so I won't bother with adding to that.

Arlan - thanks for summing it up so perfectly!
Notice the our man max has not yet answered my challenge with a better man than Trump?
Like the majority of Trump haters, they gripe about him but NOBODY comes up with a better man for the job.
I know that at least one responder voted for clinton so maybe he'll chime in on what a great president she would have made?
Bob Z.

Offline FLOYD CARTER

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • owner
« Reply #160 on: March 23, 2020, 11:41:04 AM »
A better president?

I'm not going to answer.  That doesn't make me ignorant, as the challenge suggests.

I refuse to offer even a hint or my political beliefs.  If I did, it would not change anyone's else's political beliefs. 

You can't attack me if you don't know where I stand.
90 years, but still going (mostly)
AMA #796  SAM #188  LSF #020

Offline Jim Svitko

• Captain
« Reply #161 on: March 23, 2020, 11:56:52 AM »
Never thought that the panic would hit Dallas but then I forgot we have a Democrat Mayor.  We go on lockdown at midnight tonight.  Everything will be shut down except utility bills and taxes. 

Ken

Fort Worth and Tarrant County will be next.  Although Tarrant County is still somewhat conservative, it appears to lean a little farther to the left every election cycle.  I might have to move once again before I leave this earth.

I had to go to Parker County yesterday just to get a haircut.  If I decide to take a bicycle ride around the neighborhood to keep from going crazy, should I have "my papers" with me?

What cracks me up about all this "social distancing" is that you find yourself in a crowd of people outside a Kroger or other store, waiting for it to open, so you have a chance to get a few things.  It is like Black Friday.

Offline Gary Dowler

• Admiral
« Reply #162 on: March 23, 2020, 01:10:14 PM »
   And this attitude , Steve, is exactly why I can't go out and find a roll of toilet paper tonight, if I had real need of it. What you are displaying is the panic and hysteria that some of us are talking about. "We" all are not in a real jam. This "thing" is NOT a death sentence for EVERYONE that happens to contract it. There is no reason to be stupid and not take some precaution, but to panic and run around like Chicken Little is ridiculous. I asked the question before, is there anyone that has been directly affected by this event, and I don't think anyone has answered other than me. I got laid off for three weeks because of orders practically coming to a stop, and the owner of the company was just looking for a reason to lay people off, but told us they were 'giving you the opportunity to self quarantine at home and avoid further transmission." even in a high population density area like New York, you might go a long way before you find some one that has been directly affected. But millions and millions of peoples lives have been affected due to the markets crashing, and some people's futures ruined because of this panic. And there is no reason for it. Even with some people's concerns about flying and traveling on cruise ships have been over blown. Yes, some people have contracted the virus, but again, compared to what? People get sick on cruise ships and die every year, and is the main reason I won't ever go on one. But that happens under "normal circumstances."  It would be interesting to see a comparison of deaths  per year on cruise ships against what has happened recently with the virus. As of just a few minutes ago, the death total WORLD WIDE is still far below what the total deaths from the flu have been in THIS COUNTRY for the last year. Not even half, and flu season isn't over yet for a while. Yes, this is a serious situation, but it has also has shown me who I would want to have around me in an emergency or if I was stranded on a deserted island and who I would NOT want around. Isn't there a saying that goes something like, "Blessed are those that can keep their heads while those all around are loosing theirs!"
   Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee

Well said, Dan.
Profanity is the crutch of the illiterate mind

Offline katana

• Commander
« Reply #163 on: March 23, 2020, 02:43:58 PM »
So there were 34,200 flu deaths and 38,800 traffic deaths. Makes you wonder why more resources aren't directed to traffic safety and prevention and treatment of the flu.

And from latest data from 2017 there were just shy of 40,000 gun related, primary cause, deaths - there is a solution but stubbornly refused by voters / statute? Most people don't necessarily have control whether they catch flu, most people most certainly have control of, and safety whilst, driving and literally millions of $$$ is spent promoting arms ownership with rising death rates - interesting paradox!

Max,
Several other people have already told you what a smug, pompous jerk you are so I won't bother with adding to that. Instead, since you think the Netherlands are so superior to the USA let's compare the current statistics.
In the USA as of this morning we have 39517 confirmed cases resulting in 473 deaths. So a little less than 1.2% of the cases have died. The total cases represent .012% of our population.
In the Netherlands this morning you have 4750 cases resulting in 213 deaths. That means 4.48% of the known cases died and .028% of the population is infected.
I am no mathematician, but it appears to me that your country has over twice the rate of infection and a death rate almost 4 times higher.

You would think that since your country has superior political and health systems to the USA that those numbers would be reversed. Yet another case study in the wonders of socialized medicine.

Now if you would be so kind to redo your calculation but based on land area / population density, I would not be surprised if the numbers are more comparable? China's infection rate of 81,000 against a population of 1.10 billion actually compares better than the USA figures 39,500 and 330 million. Both countries being roughly equal in area but one having nearly 4x the population you would expect their sickness rates to be 4x worse with their 'poor social / commie' health system but its maybe not the case.

And as regards picking someone to be your POTUS, I have no grounds to speculate as equally you have for picking our head of state or prime minister so we'll best leave that one for the respective voters!

Online Arlan McKee

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #164 on: March 23, 2020, 02:53:11 PM »
Now if you would be so kind to redo your calculation but based on land area / population density, I would not be surprised if the numbers are more comparable? China's infection rate of 81,000 against a population of 1.10 billion actually compares better than the USA figures 39,500 and 330 million. Both countries being roughly equal in area but one having nearly 4x the population you would expect their sickness rates to be 4x worse with their 'poor social / commie' health system but its maybe not the case.

If you think China has given anyone honest numbers for cases and deaths then I have some land around Chernobyl to sell you.

Offline Sean McEntee

• Captain
« Reply #165 on: March 23, 2020, 04:15:52 PM »
**sitting on the couch, munching popcorn and reading the posts**  This is getting good...

I've spent a total 68 months in far-away lands watching people do much better with much worse conditions.  This stuff is laughable, regardless of which side of the argument you're on.

Currently one reported case of COVID-19 positive test on Ft Carson, however a first-hand source places that number at 22 people with positive tests in quarantine.  Keep that in mind...

Carson is down to "mission essential"....or should I say, "readiness essential" in order to not hurt the delicate feelings of those who are non-mission essential.  Gold star sticker for them...

UAV training flights aren't "readiness essential", so I haven't been to work in 2 weeks, and with no end in sight, looks like its going to stay that way for awhile.  Taking this opportunity to completely clean out and reorganize my building area and flight boxes; the first such cleanout since I've had my own building area.  Also got a DLG of my own design built, as well as a couple CAT gliders.  More DLGs, CLGs, OTHLG, and some rubber models in the works for my "social distancing" period. Also got a half-built Skylark that will get finished this spring for no other reason than time on my hands.

Wife and daughter left me **snicker snicker**.  When school was shut down and Clara's autism therapy went to Skype/Facetime, and nothing else tying them here to the Springs, we decided it best err on the side of caution, and I sent them both up to her mothers, up in middle-of-nowhere Scottsbluff, NE.  The absence of screaming child and nagging wife is deafening. 

Few things in life have given me more joy than driving by a half-dozen empty grocery stores on the way to the Ft Carson Commissary.  While slightly less stocked than normal, nothing is sold out and there's even TP on the shelves.  This, I think, is because DoD cardholders (like me) are now shopping exclusively onpost, instead of on the economy.   DoD imposed limits pretty early on in this game:  One cart full of groceries per sponsor (not customer), purchase limits on pretty much everything, dedicated shopping hours for high-risk individuals, then active duty, then the rest of the population.  I really don't think this is necessary, seeing how as the overwhelming majority of those who shop there is....oh, whats the word I'm looking for....reasonable, but it helps.  Any of you retirees who aren't shopping onpost/base/whatever, need to.  Gas is also down to $1.80 here in some spots.  Kinda makes me sad that I don't have enough places to go to cash in on it.

That's the report from here.  Negative impacts have been few.  The only one so far was I wasn't able to attend a FF contest yesterday in Denver which was outside the 30-mile restriction placed on all servicemembers for the time being.  Not a huge deal. So I'm pretty lucky after all is said and done.  Perhaps, this is why I'm one of few that can objectively look at this whole thing for what it is: a bunch of garbage and panic.

One last note:  One of the last CDC reports that I read are now tracking COVID-19 cases by gender.  It's funny...there's only two.  Perhaps the other 32 genders are immune?  Making a sex-change consultation appointment this afternoon.

Cheers and stay well!
Sean McEntee

Online johnt4051

• Commander
    • Flying Lines
« Reply #166 on: March 23, 2020, 04:40:29 PM »
last I heard the death rate here is right at 2 percent of those that get it. That is the same as the flu. We are all going to suffer the economic effect of the panic.

The death rate from the flu over a 10-year average is about 0.1%. Current estimates of the death rate for COVID-19 are about 2.3%.  That suggests that the COVID is 23 times more lethal than the flu.

This is one article on the topic.

https://khn.org/news/fact-check-coronavirus-homeland-security-chief-flu-mortality-rate/
John Thompson
Flying Lines

Offline Robert Zambelli

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #167 on: March 23, 2020, 05:52:39 PM »
Floyd: Please note that my challenge was to "TRUMP HATERS".
I did not think you fell into that category.
But, if you do, then my challenge stands.
If I offended you, I apologize.
Bob Z.

A better president?

I'm not going to answer.  That doesn't make me ignorant, as the challenge suggests.

I refuse to offer even a hint or my political beliefs.  If I did, it would not change anyone's else's political beliefs. 

You can't attack me if you don't know where I stand.

Jim Roselle

« Reply #168 on: March 23, 2020, 06:03:20 PM »
Sorry for the lateness in responding to my own thread but nobody to blame but myself.
I had no idea what an interesting assortment of replies it would generate! Furthermore, I’m pleased to say that most of the responses were informative, polite, to the point and showed a true sense of patriotism.
I learned a lot from you and I thank you for the kinds comments!!

Of course, a few of the responses were cruel, mean, ignorant and totally uncalled-for.

So, there are a few Trump haters out there.
Here’s my challenge: Who do you think would make a better President than Trump?
Let’s hear your answers.

If you don’t answer, I will take your silence as a true sign of ignorance as you haven’t a clue what’s going on in the world. You just enjoy hiding behind your keyboard, bitching, complaining and hurling insults at one of the best presidents in history.

The only thing you accomplish is making complete fools of yourselves.
You don’t like the way our country is being run? THEN LEAVE.

And you foreigners who insult and complain about Trump? Simple solution: STAY IN YOUR OWN COUNTRY. Enjoy your pathetic royal weddings, liberal and sickening excuses for leaders and complete lack of knowledge of our wonderful country. Your opinions and insults ARE NOT WELCOME, at least not by me.

Bob Z.

I would say someone who didn’t avoid military service by getting a note from from one of his daddy’s tenants.
Someone that hasn’t cheated on all three of his wives.
Someone who hasn’t paid off a pornstar so she wouldn’t spill the beans about the affair he had with her while his wife was home with their infant child.
Someone who hasn’t bragged about his ability to sexually assault women with impunity.
Someone who hasn’t had multiple credible charges of sexual assault leveled against them.
Someone who hasn’t called not getting a sexually transmitted disease in the 80’s his “own personal Vietnam”
Someone who hasn’t referred to his own daughter as “a piece of ass”.

I suppose that would be a good start.

Jim Roselle

« Reply #169 on: March 23, 2020, 06:22:13 PM »
Almost forgot,

Someone who doesn’t think nazis are “very fine people”

Offline Bernard Suhamski

• Ensign
« Reply #170 on: March 23, 2020, 06:24:37 PM »
Well here is my 2 cents worth..... HOW THE HELL DID A MODEL AIRPLANE SITE ( FORUM ) BECOME THIS POLITICAL GARBAGE?????? ON THAT NOTE " ANYONE BUILD ANYTHING INTERESTING OVER THE WINTER " ???????

Online Arlan McKee

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #171 on: March 23, 2020, 06:33:02 PM »
no
Well here is my 2 cents worth..... HOW THE HELL DID A MODEL AIRPLANE SITE ( FORUM ) BECOME THIS POLITICAL GARBAGE?????? ON THAT NOTE " ANYONE BUILD ANYTHING INTERESTING OVER THE WINTER " ???????

Because Model Airplane people like to talk some politics with other Model Airplane people.
You saw the title of the thread and opened it anyway. You saw the title of the thread and you posted a comment on it anyway.
Robert has already said if you don't like the subject, change the channel.

Online Arlan McKee

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #172 on: March 23, 2020, 06:37:38 PM »
Almost forgot,

Someone who doesn’t think nazis are “very fine people”

This is a lie. You are either being intellectually dishonest or you don't have a grasp of the English language. Your previous post about sexual assault is dishonest for the same reason. You have let your TDS get the best of you.

Offline Sean McEntee

• Captain
« Reply #173 on: March 23, 2020, 06:46:48 PM »
I would say someone who didn’t avoid military service by getting a note from from one of his daddy’s tenants.
Someone who hasn’t paid off a pornstar so she wouldn’t spill the beans about the affair he had with her while his wife was home with their infant child.
Someone who hasn’t bragged about his ability to sexually assault women with impunity.
Someone who hasn’t had multiple credible charges of sexual assault leveled against them.
Someone who hasn’t called not getting a sexually transmitted disease in the 80’s his “own personal Vietnam”

Do you demand the same things from your doctor/dentist/barber/car mechanic/bank teller, or do you not care about those things, as long as they do their job well?

Asking for a friend...

Jim Roselle

« Reply #174 on: March 23, 2020, 06:48:14 PM »
Yes actually, I do.

Offline Dennis Leonhardi

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • AirClassix on eBay
« Reply #175 on: March 23, 2020, 06:50:28 PM »
The death rate from the flu over a 10-year average is about 0.1%. Current estimates of the death rate for COVID-19 are about 2.3%.  That suggests that the COVID is 23 times more lethal than the flu.

This is one article on the topic.

https://khn.org/news/fact-check-coronavirus-homeland-security-chief-flu-mortality-rate/

No big deal John, but I think any estimates at this point are somewhat misleading.  We have no idea really how many people have been infected and didn't even see or call a doctor.  I suspect estimates at this point are somewhat like estimating the class average on a test of 100 questions by grading the first 3 questions and extrapolating.  We have lots of history with seasonal flu, numbers that should be pretty accurate.

I heard earlier today China now pegs the death rate at 0.9% but suspect we'll never have honest numbers from them.

Time will tell.

Dennis
Think for yourself !  XXX might win the Nats, be an expert on designing, building, finishing, flying, tuning engines - but you might not wanna take tax advice from him.  Or consider his views on the climate to be fact ...

Jim Roselle

« Reply #176 on: March 23, 2020, 06:53:51 PM »
This is a lie. You are either being intellectually dishonest or you don't have a grasp of the English language. Your previous post about sexual assault is dishonest for the same reason. You have let your TDS get the best of you.

You can debate semantics on the Nazi question.

Grabbing someone by the genitals is indeed sexual assault. Would you want it done to your mother? Probably not.

Offline Dennis Leonhardi

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • AirClassix on eBay
« Reply #177 on: March 23, 2020, 06:56:11 PM »
Yes actually, I do.

Way to go, Jim!  What branch of service was your bank teller in?

LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~
Think for yourself !  XXX might win the Nats, be an expert on designing, building, finishing, flying, tuning engines - but you might not wanna take tax advice from him.  Or consider his views on the climate to be fact ...

Online Arlan McKee

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #178 on: March 23, 2020, 07:03:20 PM »

Grabbing someone by the genitals is indeed sexual assault. Would you want it done to your mother? Probably not.
I believe that the actual quote is "they let you do it."
The word 'Let' implies willingness to participate. As someone that came of age in the 1980''s I also served in the same theater of "war". If you didn't my guess is you were too ugly or didn't talk a very good game.
I have never assaulted a woman in my life but I never asked permission before I attempted to make a pass at one.

Offline Dan Berry

• Admiral
« Reply #179 on: March 23, 2020, 07:09:53 PM »

What are you yapping about?
Someone making a crude remark or someone assaulting a woman?
I ask because I know which POTUS assaulted women and which one made a crude remark.
Has your barber ever stepped out on his wife?
Do you still think you can win the 2016 election?

Online Arlan McKee

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #180 on: March 23, 2020, 07:20:29 PM »
Yes actually, I do.

When Jesus said, " Let he that is without sin cast the first stone", Jim stepped up and grabbed the first rock he could find.

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #181 on: March 23, 2020, 08:33:06 PM »
When Jesus said, " Let he that is without sin cast the first stone", Jim stepped up and grabbed the first rock he could find.
Actually I think he is a Troll.

ken
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Chris McMillin

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • AMA 32529
« Reply #182 on: March 24, 2020, 01:02:30 AM »
One thing I noticed is that this thread has brought out a lot of comments from people that do not post very much and some that I have never heard of before (and Bob lets this type have handles instead of using their actual names which he insisted on when I joined I guess because he had known me for decades).
Then Jim comes back from the dead with a vengeance!
A very funny time indeed.
Chris...

Offline Sean McEntee

• Captain
« Reply #183 on: March 24, 2020, 06:12:49 AM »
One thing I noticed is that this thread has brought out a lot of comments from people that do not post very much and some that I have never heard of before (and Bob lets this type have handles instead of using their actual names which he insisted on when I joined I guess because he had known me for decades).
Then Jim comes back from the dead with a vengeance!
A very funny time indeed.
Chris...

People become brave when there is no threat of getting punched in the face...

Offline Fredvon4

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
« Reply #184 on: March 24, 2020, 08:23:36 AM »
and that right there is what give some irrational anti Trumpers cover....and Floyd...I don't care if I tick you off...your own anti Trump stance is legion in these type threads....so please enlighten us on how much better Hillary would have been....
"A good scare teaches more than good advice"

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline katana

• Commander
« Reply #185 on: March 24, 2020, 10:21:50 AM »
If you think China has given anyone honest numbers for cases and deaths then I have some land around Chernobyl to sell you.

The figures quoted were WHO (World Health Organisation) figures and your own, so. . . . . . . .

Online Arlan McKee

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #186 on: March 24, 2020, 10:41:31 AM »
The figures quoted were WHO (World Health Organisation) figures and your own, so. . . . . . . .
The WHO took China's word for those figures and apparently you do too. So......

Jim Roselle

« Reply #187 on: March 24, 2020, 01:18:08 PM »
People become brave when there is no threat of getting punched in the face...

Threatening physical violence when you lack the ability to formulate a counter argument. Classic trumpism.

Offline Robert Zambelli

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #188 on: March 24, 2020, 01:36:33 PM »
Glad you defined it.
Care to elaborate a bit more?
I'm sure all the fine people here will be grateful.

Classic trumpism.

Offline Dan Berry

• Admiral
« Reply #189 on: March 24, 2020, 01:43:47 PM »
Threatening physical violence when you lack the ability to formulate a counter argument. Classic trumpism.
Tell us again where the hate, intolerance and violence is coming from. Go ahead, looking forward to another round from you.

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #190 on: March 24, 2020, 02:39:36 PM »
Tell us again where the hate, intolerance and violence is coming from. Go ahead, looking forward to another round from you.
y1 y1 y1 y1
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Dennis Moritz

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #191 on: March 24, 2020, 03:22:04 PM »
Things looking good. Some people talking sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #192 on: March 24, 2020, 07:57:13 PM »

Why Jimmy boy, you must be thinking of Bill Clinton.  I think Jimbo may be a troll.

Offline Tom McClain

• Charter Member
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #193 on: March 24, 2020, 08:44:58 PM »
First of all, I believe Jim Roselle is a troll as his information is not accessible as is every other participant in this thread.

Second, his laundry list of alleged transgressions is a pretty good summary of Bill Clinton's life. But, I want him to keep writing. His missives are good for comic relief.
Tom McClain

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #194 on: March 24, 2020, 09:25:46 PM »
Well I'm convinced that the democrats and the media are doing their last ditch effort to destroy President Trump and the economy.  How many lived through the past virous alarms that never really were reported by the media?   How many lived through the period of the measles  out break.   How many have checked on the number of people that have died from the flu in the past and they are still dieing.   Look at how many people have died in car wrecks since this virous scare was put out by the media.   I remember when we were told if you are sick stay home.  No closing of businesses, jobs and closing of schools.   I was sent a letter of a man that lived through WW II.   I remember the stamps Mother and Dad had that let them get a certain quantity items.   There was gas rationing also.  As he stated more soldiers died in one day than what this virous has killed since they started this scare.  We did with out and when could see a qaurentene sign on a house during the measles crisis.

I think it should be up to us to stay home if we are sick and let the healthy ones keep working.  But I guess the democrats are well on their way to creating a socialist country. R%%%%
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Tom McClain

• Charter Member
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #195 on: March 24, 2020, 09:42:11 PM »
Doc,

Don't lose your optimism.  We will get through this latest craziness. I don't believe the President will let the opposition succeed.
Tom McClain

Offline katana

• Commander
« Reply #196 on: March 25, 2020, 03:11:10 AM »
I think it should be up to us to stay home if we are sick and let the healthy ones keep working.  But I guess the democrats are well on their way to creating a socialist country. R%%%%

FFS! Hey almost a doctor - How do you know you or they are healthy? Its generally accepted a person is infectious for 3-4 days before symptoms show (same with normal flu). That is the whole point of not mixing with people, keeping your distance etc - 'healthy' sick people will get better and with an immunity, vulnerable sick people will need treatment and hopefully will recover but if not will be contained away from the wider population and eventually without new hosts the virus can't spread and will phase out. The whole world is practicing the same general principles - are they all Democrats?

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #197 on: March 25, 2020, 07:09:32 AM »
FFS! Hey almost a doctor - How do you know you or they are healthy? Its generally accepted a person is infectious for 3-4 days before symptoms show (same with normal flu). That is the whole point of not mixing with people, keeping your distance etc - 'healthy' sick people will get better and with an immunity, vulnerable sick people will need treatment and hopefully will recover but if not will be contained away from the wider population and eventually without new hosts the virus can't spread and will phase out. The whole world is practicing the same general principles - are they all Democrats?
Where was the part of Doc's comment that said we should not practice "social distancing"?

Ken
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #198 on: March 25, 2020, 08:22:40 AM »
  Another thing I find disturbing are the number of state and city leaders who are literally screaming at press conferences for the feds to come and save their asses. A big state like New York, and city such as new York City, should have some sort of plan in place and resources to use. it's obvious that they have no leadership. There is a lot of money in New York state, because that is where Bill and Hillary decide to move to, to be near the money. I heard some one from there actually screaming about being given 400 ventilators this morning. 'What am I supposed to do with those?"he screamed, basically complaining that he didn't get 40,000, even though there is no immediate need for that many. If he is that stupid to act like that on camera, he needs to be replaced. Screaming and yelling into a camera and microphone that "Millions are going to die if we don't get what we want." is NOT the smartest thing to do. Like Gene Krantz said during a time of crisis, "Work the problem people!" We need more people like him in charge.
  Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824

Offline Dennis Moritz

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #199 on: March 25, 2020, 08:29:37 AM »
You know, my uncle was a great person. He was at MIT. He taught at MIT for, I think, like a record number of years. He was a great supergenius. Dr. John Trump,” Trump said. “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it. Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertise Here

Sorry, this topic is locked. Only admins and moderators can reply.
Tags:

Advertise Here