News:

• June 08, 2024, 12:34:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2016 World champs in Perth?  (Read 11357 times)

Offline MarcusCordeiro

• 2013 Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • "Never fly faster than your shoulder angel"
Re: 2016 World champs in Perth?
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2013, 06:01:52 PM »
Can't say I've ever heard of them.  Doug might have meant the Furious Desert Ant, which is bright green and 10" long.  They make an angry buzzing noise and eat puppies.

(PS The hot chick thing is pretty much on the money. No idea why.)

Didn't find a video on the ants, but check out that bird... That I didn't know about...

Oh, one might want to bring some vinegar when going to the beach, it could save your life!

Marcus
Live to fly, fly to live
Aces High!

"There's no try. Do or Do not." - Master Yoda

"Wealth and fame, he's ignorant
Action is his reward, look out
Here comes Marcus, man..."

Offline MarcusCordeiro

• 2013 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2013, 06:14:04 PM »
Here is the damn ant...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_ant

Marcus
Live to fly, fly to live
Aces High!

Offline Steve Thomas

• Commander
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2013, 07:20:57 PM »
Here is the damn ant...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_ant

Marcus

Hey, those are yours, Marcus. They're only here because they snuck in on a ship from South America about 15 years ago. You can have them back if you like.

Steve

PS Perth is about 5000 km away from anywhere where you might need vinegar at the beach...

Offline Curare

• 2014 Supporters
  • Captain
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2013, 07:24:36 PM »
If you pour Castlemain's XXXX on the ass kicking ants they become docile.

Perth must have something to recommend it.  Are there lots of hot chicks there?

Yes.
Greg Kowalski
AUS 36694

Offline Doug Moon

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2013, 07:34:12 PM »
Doug Moon
AMA 496454
Dougmoon12@yahoo.com

Offline MarcusCordeiro

• 2013 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2013, 07:35:11 PM »
Hey, those are yours, Marcus. They're only here because they snuck in on a ship from South America about 15 years ago. You can have them back if you like.

Steve

PS Perth is about 5000 km away from anywhere where you might need vinegar at the beach...

Hey Steve

We got the worst kind of predator here in Brazil, everywhere, we call them "corruptuspoliticianus"... LL~ LL~ LL~

Australia is a great country with great people.
I'm sure it's going to be a great World's.

Might even come there, who knows?

Marcus
Live to fly, fly to live
Aces High!

Offline Keith Renecle

• Captain
« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2013, 11:25:30 PM »
Of course you'll be there, why wouldn't you????  ;D
You have to come and see how the lucky people live....... VD~

And there's two L's in Russell.
Sorry Russell............always forget that extra "L". Why wouldn't we be there?? It could be due to the high cost of travel to that side of the planet. It is a lot more expensive than Europe, but maybe I can just print a few more dollars!

Keith R
Keith R

Offline Curare

• 2014 Supporters
  • Captain
« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2013, 11:35:50 PM »
Keith, by all accounts from friends of mine who are from South Africa (perth is full of them), it's a lot like Durban, so if you can't make it here, just have a holiday in Durban:D

Also, I never thanked you for the timer, it's a little miracle!
Greg Kowalski
AUS 36694

Offline Keith Renecle

• Captain
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2013, 11:37:54 PM »
And we will not be there ... so if you do not go to Poland, looks like we will come to European WChs and you will go south hemisphere WChs  ;D

Looks like time for virtual contests :- )))))))))))))))
Hi Igor, after our house move, going anywhere is the same problem, so Europe, Oz or any overseas travel will be the same challenge, so what can I say? In Australia's case, it's just the distance from us that makes it more expensive. I just need to figure a way around making the necessary funds and I'll be there. My motto.......where there's a will......there's a wangle! There is always a way to wangle the funds if you stay positive. I really believe that the Australian world champs will be worth working towards, and I am really glad that they were awarded the 2016 WC.

Keith R
Keith R

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2013, 11:57:08 PM »
They all look like her downunder

Stop that, PJ.
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Offline Igor Burger

• Admiral
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2013, 01:02:23 AM »
Keith, looks like 2016 will be good year to make holidays finaly :- )))))))) ... shortest way to Australia for us goes via center of earth, and still too far ... it is simply too far down  ;D

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2013, 08:51:50 AM »
I think I would look for one of those (chicks) like PJ got that says 'yes M'Lord'.  None like that in Kansas.

Dave

Dave, you are spending too much time at work, building models and flying.   You should see some of the ladies where I do crossing duty.  High school, middle school and grade ladies are off limits as they are not old enough.   Of course I am too old for most of them ladies with kids and the teachers.

After watching the video of the creatures in Australia, I have decided to stay in Kansas where all we look for are rattle snakes and cotton mouths.   IS New Zealand far enough from Australia to be safe?  I remember the pictures one of the team members showed me of the scenery out his back yardback in 2004.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2013, 09:29:28 AM »
Dave, you are spending too much time at work, building models and flying.   You should see some of the ladies where I do crossing duty.  High school, middle school and grade ladies are off limits as they are not old enough.   Of course I am too old for most of them ladies with kids and the teachers.

After watching the video of the creatures in Australia, I have decided to stay in Kansas where all we look for are rattle snakes and cotton mouths.   IS New Zealand far enough from Australia to be safe?  I remember the pictures one of the team members showed me of the scenery out his back yardback in 2004.
John I'm probably better off.  If I had a woman around these days I wouldn't have the time nor the money to be a competition flyer.  Besides,  I'd want two '30's' and not a '60'.  Most I'd want wouldn't want me unless I had mega bucks.  Like where my sis lives out in Palm Springs.  Many old men with pretty, very young wives.  Very normal there.  Two wives and four fiances later I expect I'm done.  Not one ever said 'yes M'lord'! On the other hand...maybe an Aussie gal about 35........

Dave
AMA 20934
FAA Certificate FA3ATY4T94

Offline Keith Renecle

• Captain
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2013, 11:19:32 AM »
Keith, by all accounts from friends of mine who are from South Africa (perth is full of them), it's a lot like Durban, so if you can't make it here, just have a holiday in Durban:D

Also, I never thanked you for the timer, it's a little miracle!
Hi Greg,

Glad you like the timer. It's done so well since the Bulgaria world champs. I'll start practicing on Friday for Perth. My wife and I have a week's time-share down near Durban in Scottburgh. Perth was one of the first places overseas where many South Africans moved in the mid 90's. I believe that this was due to the fact that they all knew about the good C/L facilities over there. S?P

Keith R
Keith R

Offline Warren Leadbeatter

• AUS-14782
  • Captain
    • My Home Page
« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2013, 12:17:33 AM »
Perth is a great place to visit and there are some sweeteners will be available to help with the costs

• Sponsorship - Australia plans a sponsorship program for local Aeromodellers to accommodate overseas competitors as their guest for the duration of the event.

• There will be a Lottery where 3 competitors from each class will be drawn from a barrel to win AUD$1000 to help offset their travelling expenses.

• Event sponsorship will be pursued, for the purpose of providing subsidized entry fee’s.

• There will be a World Cup Event immediately prior to the World Championship.

• There will be another major competition in Australia a week after the World Championship, so it will be worthwhile making the journey to Australia.

Also don't listen to the jokers about the spiders and snakes. :D
Warren Leadbeatter
Port Stephens, Australia
AUS-14782

Offline Curare

• 2014 Supporters
  • Captain
« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2013, 12:46:54 AM »
What major competition is this Warren?

Greg Kowalski
AUS 36694

Offline peabody

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #66 on: April 24, 2013, 01:03:49 AM »
I flew into Darwin in 1970, then on to Sydney......I found Australia to be a GREAT place!

Offline Dallas Hanna

• Commander
« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2013, 03:56:55 AM »
Keith, looks like 2016 will be good year to make holidays finaly :- )))))))) ... shortest way to Australia for us goes via center of earth, and still too far ... it is simply too far down  ;D

It's only "one sleep" on the aeroplane Igor!  Once you get to Singapore the worst bit is over.  That's what I tell myself each time we go to Europe but maybe a bit of DK^ will help!

HH

Offline MarcusCordeiro

• 2013 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2013, 10:47:55 AM »
Perth is a great place to visit and there are some sweeteners will be available to help with the costs

• Sponsorship - Australia plans a sponsorship program for local Aeromodellers to accommodate overseas competitors as their guest for the duration of the event.

• There will be a Lottery where 3 competitors from each class will be drawn from a barrel to win AUD$1000 to help offset their travelling expenses.

• Event sponsorship will be pursued, for the purpose of providing subsidized entry fee’s.

• There will be a World Cup Event immediately prior to the World Championship.

• There will be another major competition in Australia a week after the World Championship, so it will be worthwhile making the journey to Australia.

Also don't listen to the jokers about the spiders and snakes. :D

Now, that is really cool!!!

Marcus
Live to fly, fly to live
Aces High!

Offline Noel Corney

• Commander
« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2013, 03:58:13 PM »
Once in a blue moon the Austrailians don't have to spend meggabucks to go to a worlds and people from the other countries complain .Australians have been saving to go to Europe and the U.S.A for years.Come on.By the way, if you see the nasties you would be lucky (unlucky)to see them.Anyhow if you don't come down it's your loss.

Offline Tania Uzunova

• Commander
  • It's something more about gravity ...
    • www.indoorgeebee.com
« Reply #70 on: April 25, 2013, 06:30:00 AM »
And there it is lot of kangaroo, but not lions.... phh ... I think one of the Judge Joan is from Australia : )
When was the World champ in Bulgaria, she said to me " One day the champ probably could be in Australia, you have no excuse not to come" mmm and now what? Bojeeeee bojee...I have so many models at home and noone can take me there..... :PP

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2013, 08:01:16 PM »
I spent a month in Aussie, stomped around in the TSR near Goulburn, various cities and 'burbs, and never saw a spider or snake, except in a "wildlife sanctuary". There, I had a close call with an Emu...I was looking for another roll of film...Emu was thinking I was digging out a Vegemite sammich. Suddenly, I had a sense that something was looking over my shoulder...and me 6'3". I didn't realize I was in danger...thankfully. There are some amazing critters down yonder. Tho the Emu didn't really phase me, I about chit myself when exiting a 'curio' shop at "Sublime Point Lookout" (yes, it was sublime) South of Sidney, on the cliff above Fairy Meadows (?). I hadn't noticed the pet Cockatoo on the way IN, but on the way out, it let out a squawk that would scare Troy Landry right out of his pirogue. Don't worry about the critters too much. They generally don't want tourists for dinner.  H^^ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2013, 08:12:32 PM »
It takes a week to trundle solo , Sdney to Perth . Cut across after broken hill to port albert . with a few stops on the way .
If you were to , id allow a few weeks , as theres plenty of out of the way places to visit / rest . Includeing Real Fresh Fish
in the Finch & Chip shop at Ceduna opposite the Supermarket . But then the Chefs are Kiwis !  ;D

Seen a bron snake the other weekend at the NSW state champs site . in the bush. so check before unzipping .
But thats the first in four years . getting firewood would require prudance , they could be hibernateing under
such debri . Sharks were a bit peckish while I was over there . But useually feed at dawn & dusk . a Wet Suit resembles
a SEAL . Perhaps they require higher education .  n1

Whiteman Park ;

if you hit this . and drag it over to the right a bit

Hit ' SAT ' first .

On beechborro rd , drag it up till you see ' model aeroplane site ' , and then expand , and youll see iff anyones in th air at the moment .

We all fly the opposite way in the Southern Hemesphere due to the Correolous effect . But dont worry , you blokes;; soon get the hang of it .  :##

you can see the new hard cirle under constuction , the segmented one . Theres further circuits going in over to the left .
And dont worry , theyre more pragmatic in WA and are getting on with it without the usual hysteria & dramatics .

The building lower down , is the ' you can move up to R.C. crowd . They can be sidelined as servants for the duration . ;D
or remote control types can fly there . at night even. With Lights . Why , ive seen it done . Only four right offs at that . ;D

You can see theyre mnot constrained for space for the development , and have been determindly getting on with things .
The main crowd there being competition devotees . Even if it IS T/R ,& Combat . LL~

Most welcoming and on the level . Types that need hills in their geography would book lodgeings to the east . as they cant shift them .

The model Site has virtually its on entrance / access . Other attractions in the park are entered otherwise .
The Park was gifted to the Government sufficently cunningly that they couldnt flog it of for real estate . mw~

and the regrowth & conservation angle are prgressing in bounds , so expect more luxurious suroundings over the period of growth .

http://z6.ifrm.com/4811/197/0/p1012970/2011_WA_Control_Line_Champs___Bulletin1.pdf

Heres the site a time back , pictures looking NORTH . Control Tower installed & second hard circle under construction a year ago .
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 08:30:14 PM by Matt Spencer »

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2013, 08:37:01 PM »
"  Fairy Meadows (?). "

The Fotherington-Thomas Academy for Young Gentlefolk
Being uterly wet and a weed who skip along crying Hullo clouds hullo sky! and blubbing like a gurl when seeing a lickle robin shall all be compulsory wich is another chiz.

or perhaps it was the Irish .

Author Searle is ex Changi p.o.w. , so books are worth a read http://chantree.blogspot.com.au/2010/04/in-loco-parentis-1.html
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 09:50:49 PM by Matt Spencer »

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2013, 08:49:45 PM »
AHHA . this was 2007 , so PROGRESS has been involved .Since that time . INDEED .

This appears to be the Club Site . though the finger needs to be pulled out there .  :X

http://www.aeromodellerswa.info/mercurians/about_us.html

Often get a few spectators there . DIGGING HOLES in things ! H^^

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2013, 09:00:39 PM »

Offline Steve Thomas

• Commander
« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2013, 09:07:02 PM »
Tho the Emu didn't really phase me, I about chit myself when exiting a 'curio' shop at "Sublime Point Lookout" (yes, it was sublime) South of Sidney, on the cliff above Fairy Meadows (?).

Not recently, I hope Steve?  Let us know if you're back that way again - there's a couple of us live only 10 minutes away from Sublime Pt (& I think my wife's shopping at Fairy Meadow as I type this), and fly CL pretty much every week.

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2013, 09:18:02 PM »
Once in a blue moon the Austrailians don't have to spend meggabucks to go to a worlds and people from the other countries complain .Australians have been saving to go to Europe and the U.S.A for years.Come on.By the way, if you see the nasties you would be lucky (unlucky)to see them.Anyhow if you don't come down it's your loss.

Please don't misunderstand. Everybody here is quite happy it's in Australia (and there was no small amount of behind-the-scenes plotting to make sure it had the best possible chance), and, importantly, not in Europe yet again. If it was up to me we could alternate AUS and USA every other time. People here love you crazy antipodal clockwise-toilt-swirling guys! We kid because we care...

I don't see the "USA for years" part, 1984 and then 2004 (and not scheduled again for the foreseeable future) doesn't seem that often to me.

Brett

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2013, 12:34:40 AM »
Terra Australis , pictorial .

The Minister of Various THINGS . Mr Garret .

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2013, 10:06:09 AM »
Terra Australis , pictorial .

You forgot your greatest export ever! Like Lassie, except less running and more hopping!

And whatever happened to this guy?

and again

I also have heard rumors of such a thing a Vegemite wrestling.
   Brett

Offline MarcusCordeiro

• 2013 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #80 on: April 26, 2013, 10:22:32 AM »
A fellow modeller has his son living in Perth.
Capital of oil, very nice and beautiful place.

Here's a few nice things from downunder

Boy, love Midnight Oil!!!

Marcus
Live to fly, fly to live
Aces High!

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2013, 07:20:27 PM »
Hers what to expect .  H^^

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #82 on: April 26, 2013, 07:40:57 PM »
those were the days .

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #83 on: April 28, 2013, 10:16:27 PM »
FYI, the 2015 World FF Champs will be in Mongolia. Howard probably knows more about Mongolia than most. I know roughly where it is, but I don't know if it's independant, or bossed by PRC or Russia. It's an interesting New World, eh?  D>K Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #84 on: April 29, 2013, 12:40:19 AM »
It's independent.  They were influenced by the USSR until the latter went out of business.  Now they are sitting on a heap of mineral resources and are worried about how to develop them without being exploited like Montana was.  Mongolia is excellent free flight country.  They have no tree problem.   

The wife of the guy who builds my airplanes does business with MIAT, the Mongolian airline.  The first picture shows her visiting one of their community model shops in Ulaan Bataar. We met the guy on the right at the 2008 WC, where he was Mongolian team manager.  All the guys at the airline seem to be modelers.  I round up equipment to send back to them whenever one of them comes to town.  Battulga, an RC combat guy, shown below in Scott Crichton's Corvette, is a MIAT engineer.  He's coming to town in a couple of weeks to pick up a 767.  He visited Dallas a few months ago.  Dale Gleason gave him a ride in his Cub, and Gary James organized a combat party for him. 

The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Offline Igor Burger

• Admiral
« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2013, 02:54:27 AM »

;D

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2013, 08:48:26 AM »
Hope they catch the critter and get it back in the cage. LL~ LL~
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here