News:

• May 12, 2024, 11:12:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: OS .25 spraybar hole, direction???  (Read 442 times)

Offline Rudy Taube

• Ret Flyboy
  • 2018 Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
OS .25 spraybar hole, direction???
« on: August 06, 2007, 04:00:52 PM »
This forum has been great in helping us retreads get back into CL, thanks Randy and Sparky. The OS .25 mod thread was very helpful.

I just have one more question:

What direction do you point the single hole in the OS srpaybar?

I think, in the "olden" times, we used to point them straight down? But some have said that sideways (90 degrees) is best?  I am going to use the OS NV assembly because I like it's solid hold on the NV. I can never get the ST NV to work well, I torque it too tight, of not enough, etc. .... I must be IC challanged?  n~

TIA for any help on this. :-)

Regards,
Old retread, ECL flyer
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 07:08:15 PM by Rudy Taube »
Rudy
AMA 1667

Offline Jerry Bohn

• ACE
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Re: OS .25 spraybar hole, direction???
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 04:57:55 PM »
Randy, For starters, point the hole just out of sight from 90 degrees looking straight down the venture, like 95 degrees.
From there its a matter of finding a sweet spot between 95 and 4 o'clock(what ever that degree is). It is a pretty fine adjustment and may not be that important unless you have special equipment. I'd try 95, then 4 o'clock, which ever works best thats good enough. Any where in that range is good enough for a beginner or intermediate flyer.
St collet tightning is touchy, I set mine so the needle valve is hard to turn but not that hard to make a small adjustment that easy, once the final appoximate setting is found, you may tighten it a bit more, never locking it tight enough that the needle won't turn with your fingers.
Thats my opinion and the best I can discribe it.
Jerry Bohn

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here