News:

• June 01, 2024, 03:26:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: MERCO Engines  (Read 1732 times)

Offline RogerGreene

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
MERCO Engines
« on: May 14, 2010, 12:31:54 PM »
Who or where can I get a new Merco engine? I have an 1962 .35 red head and I need a muffler for it. Also, would like a .40 size.

Thanks,
Roger
Fly Stunt <><
AMA 435R
USAF Veteran 1962-66 SAC
Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% of how you react to it. FAA #FA3RFLPAN7

Offline Andrew Tinsley

• Admiral
Re: MERCO Engines
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 02:27:24 PM »
Roger,
  The man you need to talk to is Ian Russell who goes by the name of Rustler. Best bet is look him up in the membership list and PM him! The 35 red head has not been made for many a long year. Ian makes an excellent modern 40 for stunt and it is a hard one to beat. The mufflers for the 35 and I believe the 61 are still available from Ian I believe.
  He may well see this as he is active on the furums. Take my tip and buy a new 40, you won't regret it!

Andrew.
BMFA Number 64862

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 06:26:59 PM »
Roger,
  The man you need to talk to is Ian Russell who goes by the name of Rustler. Best bet is look him up in the membership list and PM him! The 35 red head has not been made for many a long year. Ian makes an excellent modern 40 for stunt and it is a hard one to beat. The mufflers for the 35 and I believe the 61 are still available from Ian I believe.
  He may well see this as he is active on the furums. Take my tip and buy a new 40, you won't regret it!

You should want the Rustler-Merco 40 "Metamorph".

Brett

Offline RogerGreene

• 21 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 08:37:27 PM »
Much Thanks!

Roger
Fly Stunt <><
AMA 435R
USAF Veteran 1962-66 SAC

Offline RogerGreene

• 21 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 04:57:19 PM »
Does know of anyone in the USA distributing Merco engines? Or are they a thing of the past?

Thanks

Roger
Fly Stunt <><
AMA 435R
USAF Veteran 1962-66 SAC

Offline Andrew Tinsley

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 05:19:26 AM »
Hi Roger,
  The Merco engines or should I say, Rustler Merco are definately available from Ian Russell. They are I believe in stock, just contact Ian with a PM. As Brett says, The Rustler Meatamorph 40 is the one to buy, you won't regret it! It is possibly the best stunt 40 around. I believe there was suppossed to be a tie up with RSM at one stage (It was certainly a US company, but I can't remember for sure.), but for some reason the deal seems to have fallen through. Contact Ian direct, I can give you his email address if you prefer. But for obvious reasons I dare not write it here for fear of the spam bots!

Andrew.
BMFA Number 64862

Offline rustler

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 02:47:25 PM »
I guess I should chime in here. Yes I did (do?) have an arrangement with RSM, but it seems to have fallen into abeyance lately. Possibly due to the fact I admit I am not the most dynamic or efficient business man, more of a mere 100% enthusiast! Eric at RSM is both an enthusiast and efficient!
But I will be doing a small batch of R-M 40's soon, if interested send a PM.
I'm out of old type silencers, must get a new batch cast. The old type silencer and a stunt motor using the old type Merco side exhaust 61 are the only items I have from the old Merco engines. (The innards of the 61 do not fit the original Mercos).
Ian Russell.
[I can remember the schedule o.k., the problem is remembering what was the last manoeuvre I just flew!].

Offline Martin Quartim

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
    • StuntHobby
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010, 06:34:40 PM »
Ian,

Send me an email with pricing and spec. I'd love to sell some of your engines down here.

Martin
Old Enya's never die, they just run stronger!

https://www.youtube.com/user/martinSOLO

Offline Andrew Tinsley

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2010, 04:01:30 AM »
Hello Ian,

That is a bit of a blow! I was thinking of buying the Merco 61 (60?) and putting tha ABC piston / liner into the first series Merco crank case. Just wanted to lose some weight! You say that this won't work. Can it be done with a little machining to make the swop?

In Hope!

Andrew.
BMFA Number 64862

Offline rustler

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2010, 02:37:06 PM »
Ian, Send me an email with pricing and spec. I'd love to sell some of your engines down here. Martin

Martin - Thank you, tempting but not really viable for me. I use a smaller markup than most other traders, this does not leave much room for extra people in the chain. It works with RSM because we could usually trade stuff which I could sell instead of using money. This cut out the banks and all their commission! Great!. :(
Ian Russell.
[I can remember the schedule o.k., the problem is remembering what was the last manoeuvre I just flew!].

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here