Vendors Corner > Core House

NOW AVAILABLE! Streak III Kit Laser Cut Parts--Streak RST now $65

<< < (2/6) > >>

FrankF:
Great model even for the experienced flyer.  I've got a Fox .35 installed and with a 10/6 prop getting 5.2 lap times.

Since this is marketed as a 'trainer' I would put a little more detail in the building instructions for those beginner flyers.  i.e - where is  the CG on this model? ; where are the lead out guides placed?  Is wing tip weight suggested and if so, how much?.  Also, a traditional 3/32" or 1/8" wire landing gear (2 wheel) would be a great addition to this kit.

As a note, I added traditional plywood doubler's to the nose of this model for additional strength and a suitable material for mounting a fuel tank.

David_Ruff:
It flies great.  I am running an O.S. .25 LA and it can do the AMA pattern and slow combat.  I am a new flyer but this will be my stunt trainer.  I had an expert precision aerobatic flyer take it up for the first flight and he started in on the pattern on the first lap.
I am looking into electrics as well...

John Craig:
Recently finished my RST.  Very pleased with the kit & the first flights.  Still in the trim phase, but I have been quite pleased with the first 7 flights. It flies as well as anything that I have built or flown.  It took me 4 months of stop & go building & personalizing to finish it .  I do think it could be built in a week of evenings.  I am using an OS 25FP.  It will be my plane to learn the beginner pattern & make squares look like squares.  It will be easy to progress on to the full pattern.  Great beginner's plane, club trainer, sport flyer, & practice plane all on 2.5 ounces of fuel.

Thanks Phil

Dave Nyce:
I would like to build a Streak RST with electric power.  Has anyone done this?  If so, what power system was used?

Thanks

Dave

big ron:
How much if any weight on outboard wing

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version