News:

• June 02, 2024, 10:52:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: So it begins - Avenger 35  (Read 36553 times)

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: So it begins - Avenger 35
« Reply #400 on: February 22, 2012, 03:38:22 PM »
That said, Randy, yours is definitevly lighter, and the white is truly more period correct than mine,, and I do like your color scheme,,
I just like to rib you,, ( pun intended)
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
« Reply #401 on: February 22, 2012, 04:13:09 PM »
That said, Randy, yours is definitevly lighter, and the white is truly more period correct than mine,, and I do like your color scheme,,
I just like to rib you,, ( pun intended)
PUN OR NO PUN....
Both Randy's and your very own unique Avenger are truly beautiful and by the way...attached is a photo of Bill Werwedges  68-69 nats plane that sported the first pattern airbrush paint scheme that I had ever seen at the time which was beginning to show up on motorcycles at Sturgis...
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 12:32:30 PM by Shultzie »
Don Shultz

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #402 on: February 22, 2012, 10:24:50 PM »
That plane of Werwage's ended up being stripped down and reworked and became, wait for it, the USA-1.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #403 on: February 23, 2012, 09:47:54 AM »
That plane of Werwage's ended up being stripped down and reworked and became, wait for it, the USA-1.

Which IMHO, the best Classic Legal model there is.......  use a "modern" engine in the .51-.60 size and you have all you need!  IMHO, the plane would STILL be competitive at the highest Expert levels.  Could even pipe it or use electric for modern PAMPA class use.

BIG Bear
RNMM/AMM
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #404 on: February 23, 2012, 11:23:00 AM »
Which IMHO, the best Classic Legal model there is....... IMHO, the plane would STILL be competitive at the highest Expert levels.  Could even pipe it or use electric for modern PAMPA class use.

BIG Bear
RNMM/AMM

HA! LOL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ VD~ UHH? DO  U MEAN TO SAY THAT OUR AVENGERS TODAY ARE NOT IN THAT CLASS? JUST RAZZIN YOU, BB!
Looks like I am going to start a rant that has been the main issue...when it boils down to comparing stunt model designs from the PAST to the stunt models of the PRESENT?

I can pretty much safely assure you that after seeing that orignial of Bill's USA-1  fly that same day IN PERSON.. in 69.
In all honesty = many CLPA airplanes that were just DAMNED LUCKY  on that  last day of the finals... not only this USA-1 (note the decal on the wing?) ...could easily be MORE THAN COMPETITIVE with many of today's top placing entries.... ESPECIALLY IF THE RIGHT ENGINE-TANK- COMBINATIONS  OF TODAY'S LATEST ENGINE TECHNOLOGY.

Even after that...GUESS IT ALL BOILS DOWN...to not only the   talent of the builder and  flyer--not including the luck of the draw...and finally the FLYING CONDITIONS OF THAT WEIRD DAY OF WEATHER...THEN FINALLY, THE SUSPECT TALENT AND KNOWLEDGE OF A STAFF OF QUICKLY TRAINED JUDGES THAT DID THE BEST WITH THE PLAYING CARDS THEY WERE DELT!

Although everyone did their very best to help train these willing "held hostage Naval judges" who were not used to standing outside on a hot tarmac with bright sun or drizzle on their faces...thankfully they proved that they DID THEIR VERY BEST...and as PURE LUCK OF THE DRAW, for the most part many of us felt that at least any of those on that last day of finals could have captured the first 3 places at the award table.
Don Shultz

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #405 on: February 23, 2012, 11:34:36 AM »
Brother Donaldo,

I completely agree that there are plenty of "older" designs that with today's power can compete at any level.  Billy basically flew the USA-1 up until he started flying the P-47s.  The Junar and Geo XL used USA-1 wings, modifying the LE to be blunter as he went.

I do believe the larger examples would be best suited since that is what everyone has become accustomed to seeing in the pattern.

Bob's Eclipse is a prime example..........

BIG Bear
RNMM/AMM
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #406 on: February 23, 2012, 11:40:09 AM »
By the way, Mark. This white has pearls.   ;D
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #407 on: February 23, 2012, 12:04:26 PM »
Brother Donaldo,

I completely agree that there are plenty of "older" designs that with today's power can compete at any level.  Billy basically flew the USA-1 up until he started flying the P-47s.  The Junar and Geo XL used USA-1 wings, modifying the LE to be blunter as he went.

I do believe the larger examples would be best suited since that is what everyone has become accustomed to seeing in the pattern.

Bob's Eclipse is a prime example..........

BIG Bear
RNMM/AMM
Gads...IT SUCKS that my memory banks are fast dwindling down to a precious few: Here is another slide mount that I have marked as a 69 nats..photo of  Bill with another USA-1 which perhaps was the one he used on that finals day in 69? Hummm? THIS SEEMS TO BE THE LATEST VERSION HE WAS FLYING IN 69? Time to dig out those slide again..I took more photos from the 69....
HEY BOB HUNT WHICH HAS MY LEFT BRAIN BANK PICKLED IN AN OL FRUIT JAR....!  STEP IN HERE?
Don Shultz

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #408 on: February 23, 2012, 12:36:26 PM »

The reason I am confused about the date on the slide...is that Bill used that updated oversized Red Super Aries of his at the  Olatha 68 nats? Humm? bad brain memory cells,huh?
Don Shultz

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #409 on: February 23, 2012, 12:41:49 PM »
Gads...IT SUCKS that my memory banks are fast dwindling down to a precious few: Here is another slide mount that I have marked as a 69 nats..photo of  Bill with another USA-1 which perhaps was the one he used on that finals day in 69? Hummm? THIS SEEMS TO BE THE LATEST VERSION HE WAS FLYING IN 69? Time to dig out those slide again..I took more photos from the 69....
HEY BOB HUNT WHICH HAS MY LEFT BRAIN BANK PICKLED IN AN OL FRUIT JAR....!  STEP IN HERE?

That is the same USA-1 that had the lace pattern.  Billy didn't like the tail (rudder) on his USA-1 so he stripped it and refinished it with a new rudder shape which it still carries.

He built an entirely different (wing) USA-1 in the early '80s which he finally figured out didn't fly as well as his original.

BIG Bear
RNMM/AMM
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #410 on: February 23, 2012, 12:50:49 PM »
That is the same USA-1 that had the lace pattern.  Billy didn't like the tail (rudder) on his USA-1 so he stripped it and refinished it with a new rudder shape which it still carries.

He built an entirely different (wing) USA-1 in the early '80s which he finally figured out didn't fly as well as his original.

BIG Bear
RNMM/AMM
Then after that 68 model of Bill's that new 69 nats USA-1 model must be similar to Jerry Worth's 68 model...huh? (they look very very much alike huh?
Don Shultz

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #411 on: February 23, 2012, 01:22:22 PM »
Wish I had kept better records and had marked those slide mounts...waaay back then in the dark ages of stuntdomedumb n~
I can clearly see Jerry Worth's name on this close up of Jerry's model. Plus Jerry and I were really into 3 blade props in those days...in order to have more ground clearance.

by the way...who's model is this one with the covering on the nose?  Is this a modified USA 1 or someone else?
Don Shultz

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #412 on: February 23, 2012, 01:26:27 PM »
Billy said he really liked the aesthetics of Jerry's model but used his own aerodynamics.

BIG Bear
RNMM/AMM
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #413 on: February 23, 2012, 01:31:31 PM »
Billy said he really liked the aesthetics of Jerry's model but used his own aerodynamics.

BIG Bear
RNMM/AMM
by the way any idea who this last model that looks very very very much like a HAND ME DOWN BILLY USA-1 or a JERRY WORTH HAND ME DOWNER?
Don Shultz

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #414 on: February 23, 2012, 01:38:54 PM »
n~SORRY TO RANDY AND GANG...FOR WANDERING OFF YOUR BEAUTIFUL AVENGER POST!  R%%%% n~ This happens a lot with me...when I hear that SO MUCH IMPROVEMENT AND CHANGE HAS HAPPENED  IN CLPA DESIGN since the vintage days of JET STYLE STUNT MACHINES?

HEY ALL U NEWBEEES....BE FOREWARNED!!!
This post is a PRIME EXAMPLE of what can happen to old STUNT GRUNTS that over the years, that do not take enough safety precautions-----SUCKIN UP TOO MANY TOXIC PAINT FUMES, BAD BREWSKIS.......N  ENDLESS  HOURS SPENT UNDER A GLARING HOT SUN WITHOUT A HAT OR SUNBLOCK PROTECTION? 010! DK^ %^ f~ They shoot horses don't they??? NO!!! NO!!
RANDY'S BELOVED LOVES HORSES?
NOW I AM IN REAL TROUBLE!!!
Don Shultz

Offline Les McDonald

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
  • " The Jelly Man"
« Reply #415 on: February 23, 2012, 07:50:41 PM »
The "After You" was built and flown by Dan Schaffer.
Dan was influenced by Billy but I think the numbers were his.
Dan was pretty active around Ohio in the mid seventies and I'm sure Dennis Adamisin could provide more detail about him.
Sorry for the hijack but it's Shultzies fault.
Hey Randy, I want to thank you personally for taking us all along on your Avenger build.
There's something special about following a worldclass craftsman on a project like this.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 11:07:25 AM by Les McDonald »
I see people my age out there climbing mountains and zip lining and here I am feeling good about myself because I got my leg through my underwear without losing my balance

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #416 on: February 23, 2012, 08:36:02 PM »
Well, Les, if you make it to VSC this year, you can judge live and in person. I just hope I get the thing done in time to actually have some test flights before I go. The ride for the plane is leaving March 8, so that's the deadline.
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline PJ Rowland

• AUS - 29541 AMA - 809970
  • Admiral
  • Melbourne - AUSTRALIA
« Reply #417 on: February 23, 2012, 10:24:58 PM »
Thats only 2 weeks time...................
  VD~
Id get into gear - less typing more buffing.

If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.” - Bruce Lee.

I Yearn for a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #418 on: February 24, 2012, 10:16:35 AM »
PJ,

Right now it's fixing. Just once I'd like to paint trim on a plane, pull the tape off and say, looks good, I can go to the next thing.

I should have it done (or as done as it's going to get) by the middle of next week. If my repair work last night is good, just need to finish up a couple of additional trim spots then I can move onto lettering and inking. The ink will be minimal; a mere token and I don't really have the time to do it right, but that's life. Will just need to get some marginal weather to shoot clear.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 11:29:19 AM by Randy Powell »
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #419 on: February 24, 2012, 08:25:41 PM »
Well, more back masking and repainting. Yuck!
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Online wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #420 on: February 24, 2012, 08:41:24 PM »
Well, more back masking and repainting. Yuck!

Still better than a day at work. y1
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #421 on: February 25, 2012, 03:02:06 AM »
The ink will be minimal; a mere token and I don't really have the time to do it right, but that's life.

As Buffalo Springfield said, "There's panel lines being drawn. Nobody's right if everybody's wrong."
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #422 on: February 25, 2012, 10:53:55 AM »
As Buffalo Springfield said, "There's panel lines being drawn. Nobody's right if everybody's wrong."

THANKS HOWARD!!! I  WAS THINKING EXACTLY THE VERY SAME THING-EEEE! (Speaking of panel lines..attached is a couple of  photos of my favorite all time PANEL ART PEOPLEEZZ!
Note the last photo showing the Novi 4 but so sad to see two beautiful models behind Dave's beautiful Novi..is Kostecky's amazing entry and then followed by Bob Barons radical CLPA model that turned sooooooooo many heads and bent the minds of a gaggle of traditional CLPA addicts after seeing how beautifully Barons little "Hummmbug' flew that day.
So sad to say that Jim K and Bobby B has passed this life all too soon.
 Equally sad to say that I never had the chance to fly or talk with these two amazing ICON after that year's nationals was over.
However they remain in our hearts until  hopefully we meet again... BW@
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 09:39:16 PM by Shultzie »
Don Shultz

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #423 on: February 25, 2012, 06:26:11 PM »
One of the drawbacks to being pressed for time is you foolishly make mistakes. Sigh...
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #424 on: February 25, 2012, 07:09:01 PM »
Randy, right now I would be ecstatic to just be able to work on a model................

Bill
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #425 on: February 25, 2012, 08:40:33 PM »
One of the drawbacks to being pressed for time is you foolishly make mistakes. Sigh...
dude, what happened,,

the faster i go, the behinder I get,,
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #426 on: February 25, 2012, 09:43:14 PM »
Mark,

I put on the decals. I went ahead and shot clear over the trim and thought I'd shoot a light coat over the decals. Yeah, that was a great idea. The decals are destroyed, so I printed up more decals and shot acrylic over them. Of course I went too fast and the decal bled. And I'm out of ink in the printer. Sigh...

This thing has a curse on it. Oh well, after I calmed down, I went down to Staples and got more ink and printed up another decal. Pulling up the old decals ended up screwing up the base color so I've already re-re-re-re masked the thing and re-shot the white. Tomorrow I'll shoot acrylic on the decals and hopefully but Monday I'll be able to put them on.

That shoots heck out of any chance of flying it next weekend. Looks like it will get it's maiden flight in Tucson.

Joy!

Maybe I'll just spectate.
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Online wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #427 on: February 26, 2012, 12:56:29 AM »
 Arrgh, but still better than a day at work. y1

On the whole panel line thing, I'd really like to start doing some on my models but I just haven't ever retained that ambition level by that point in a build yet. It's a lot of work to do it "right".

Not that anyone cares, but here's my two cents on the panel line subject in general. Just consider it some constructive criticism...

I feel that unless the lines are to represent accurate, believable, and sensible details on the model as it would be compared to a real full size aircraft, that it is better to do no lines at all. Trim tabs drawn smack in the middle of a wing flap or aileron for example just look like there is no real knowledge by the builder of real aircraft. Measuring out a section of fuselage, wing, stab or whatever then dividing by five and drawing lines there just because is simply way too generic and "cheapens" things. If one is going to do it, placement of lines and details should add to the model as realistic details. Unless the time is taken to think it out and do it that way it's much better to just leave it clean, and a lot less work. Studying quality scale three-view drawings is a great way to get a feel and idea of what to do on one of our models.

Wayne Willey

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #428 on: February 26, 2012, 08:34:44 AM »
Wayne,
good points all,, I will of course be doing just that when,,,( if ever,, sigh) I get to that point with the 109,, now, can you help me find a 3 view of an Avenger please/ VD~

seriously though, I get your point,,

Randy,, dude,, deep breaths,, you can do this,, by the way, I am all set for VSC now, registered, hotelled, codriver, oh and Vegas race tickets ;)
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #429 on: February 26, 2012, 10:18:24 AM »

On the whole panel line thing, I'd really like to start doing some on my models but I just haven't ever retained that ambition level by that point in a build yet. It's a lot of work to do it "right".

Not that anyone cares, but here's my two cents on the panel line subject in general. Just consider it some constructive criticism...

SPOKEN LIKE A REAL DIED DEAD IN THE WOOL "SCALE MODEL ADDICT!" BUT LET'S GET REAL ABOUT PANEL LINES ON CLPA MODELS.. LL~ LL~ LL~ While you are   R%%%% about panel lines...
I ASK ANYONE?????HONESTLY!!!
.WHEN was the last time any TRUE SCALE MODEL JUDGE worth his salt....will tell you that even on the most carefully made inked panel lines on  SCALE MODELS----AT LEAST 99.999999999999%for the most part... MISS THE REALISM MARK!

HOWEVER THAT SAID, SAD N' DUNG...
Again it a personal issue..and my preference only!!! I have always and ONLY  utilized INK LINES SIMPLY just to accent not only the artistic visual patterns of flow of the model design but mainly the paint trim lines of the CLPA model itself.
OK! QUESTION?
SHOW ME ANY FULL SCALE AIRPLANE ANYWHERE ON THE PLANET THAT WOULD APPEAR REALISTIC IF IT CONTAIN "INKED PANEL LINES!....At least for most model scale judges will tell you that even the most carefully INKED panel lines on a model TAKE AWAY from the realism!
bottom line:
INK LINES...ARTFULLY WELL DONE (TO MY EYES ONLY) if they follow the flow of both the model and the paint scheme...REALLY ARE WORTH THE EFFORT..EVEN THOUGH THEY DO STAND THE RISK OF MESSING THE MINDS OF MAJORITY OF  THE MOST PICKY PICKY AND GIFTED SCALE MODEL JUDGES YES! I AM SHOUTING!!! HB~> HB~> n1 n1 H^^ H^^
attached is a beautiful model...THAT IS??? at least up to the point of adding panel lines----(not to be mean..see what I mean (at least from a scale judges viewpoint?)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 03:37:36 PM by Shultzie »
Don Shultz

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #430 on: February 26, 2012, 12:00:04 PM »
Guys, it will most likely be trim tab sorts of inklines. I don't have time to "do it right" so they will just be token lines. That's if I can ever get the darned decals to work right.
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #431 on: February 26, 2012, 01:23:09 PM »
Guys, it will most likely be trim tab sorts of inklines. I don't have time to "do it right" so they will just be token lines. That's if I can ever get the darned decals to work right.
Randy!
Sorry for MY PANEL LINE RANT gang...and I agree that your TIME LINE dictates...going lean with the ink lines.. is totally the way to go right now.
For example  On my old busted Chipmunk...I test flew that model fully painted with only a very very light coat of clear..trimmed it carefully as I could AND THEN wiped it down carefully with a prepsol type of cleaner...used a mix of BonAmi and wet rubbed it carefully...THEN ADDED MY INK LINES with my India ink rapid-o-graph ink that contained the etch additive made for mylar.
Even then...I too had to rush the ink lines....because I needed it finished for the upcoming BEST OF SHOW event after the grand opening of the SEATTLE KING DOME just 5 days away.
WOW!
I just looked at my old Winning Silver platter hangin on my studio wall a few minutes ago...THAT WAS WAAAAAAAAAAAY BACK IN 1978! OUCH!

Note PG...pointing to a "flaw in my ink lines or that well hidden decal covering the puncture when a certain stunt judge leaned over my new model...to take a closer look just before his heavy scoring pen..fell out of his shirt pocket...POKING A HOLE ALL THE WAY THROUGH BOTH THE TOP AND BOTTOM LIGHT WEIGHT SILK SPAN FRESHLY CLEAR COATED PAINT JOB! LL~ LL~ LL~ SH^
Don Shultz

Online wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #432 on: February 26, 2012, 05:00:49 PM »
 Yeah Randy, watching this I figured that's where you'll end up on this one given the time constraint you're trying to deal with. Actually it's a lot of the reason I threw my two cents in on the panel line subject, so that you wouldn't feel quite so bad if you didn't fit them into the schedule. The Avenger will still look awesome even if it doesn't get them.

You've got some great points above too Schultzie, but I wasn't trying to say that the lines need to adhere to, or have much to do with Scale models. Studying scale drawings and paying attention to the panel details on real aircraft are an excellent way to get familiar with what "believable" lines would be for our CLPA applications though. I'm only suggesting that if the lines are done on any model the focus should be to have them represent realistic and "believable" details like would be seen on a full size version of the type, if there were such a thing.

Lines or not you'll get there Randy, just a few more deep breaths like Mark says. Keep on truckin'! y1

Wayne Willey

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #433 on: February 26, 2012, 06:59:33 PM »
OK, the inklines are on (such as they are) and it's ready for the decals. The acrylic is drying on them as we speak. another hour and I can cut them out and put them on. A quick check and a good cleaning and it will be ready for clear. Just have to figure out how I'm going to do that.
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #434 on: February 26, 2012, 08:17:52 PM »

I feel that unless the lines are to represent accurate, believable, and sensible details on the model as it would be compared to a real full size aircraft, that it is better to do no lines at all. Trim tabs drawn smack in the middle of a wing flap or aileron for example just look like there is no real knowledge by the builder of real aircraft. Measuring out a section of fuselage, wing, stab or whatever then dividing by five and drawing lines there just because is simply way too generic and "cheapens" things. If one is going to do it, placement of lines and details should add to the model as realistic details. Unless the time is taken to think it out and do it that way it's much better to just leave it clean, and a lot less work. Studying quality scale three-view drawings is a great way to get a feel and idea of what to do on one of our models.

Hi Wayne,

I agree with you on your thoughts about ink lines.  Some guys can ink line a Lawn Dart and make th elines look like they belong there.  Gene Martine is one of those guys.

If it is a semi scale plane I am doing, I usually have a plastic scale model of it, and I go by the panels lines on it.  On Lawn Darts, I don't do ink lines too much..........

BIG Bear
RNMM/AMM

Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #435 on: February 26, 2012, 09:16:19 PM »
OK, I think it's ready to clear. Sheesh what a frustrating weekend, but hey, what finish comes off without a hitch and a little yelling and screaming?
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #436 on: February 26, 2012, 09:17:11 PM »
Guess it's the flash, I can't see the inklines in the picture.
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Online wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #437 on: February 26, 2012, 10:10:57 PM »
 Looks like you can almost let that breath out now. ;D  What does it say on the stab?

Wayne Willey

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #438 on: February 26, 2012, 10:34:36 PM »
Wayne,

That's a very, very long story. It's one of those things that if you don't know, you don't know. What is says is: Death to the Kranolta! It's a toasts used by the Basik's Own. It's a Military thing.

;D
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Online Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #439 on: February 27, 2012, 08:14:29 AM »
Looking REALLY good Randy, I'll bet you will soon hear the cheers from Gig Hahbah...
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #440 on: February 27, 2012, 01:54:05 PM »
Looking REALLY good Randy, I'll bet you will soon hear the cheers from Gig Hahbah...

SPEAKING OF BOTTOM LINE!

RANDY! AMAZINGLY BEEEEEUUUTTTTEEEFUL CLPA ART AT ITS FINEST!

(PE**) CLP** BW@ HH%%o OOOPS! CLPA GANG!!! TOO LATE!!! I THINK I JUST WET MY PANTS!!! %^[/b]   HH%% HH%% HH%% HH%%
Don Shultz

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #441 on: February 27, 2012, 02:09:36 PM »
Don,

Well, it's certainly different from Mark's unit.
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Tom Niebuhr

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #442 on: February 27, 2012, 02:59:15 PM »
Randy,
Very elegant, not over stated. Looks wonderful!
AMA 7544

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #443 on: February 27, 2012, 03:34:20 PM »
Don,

Well, it's certainly different from Mark's unit.
RANDY!
I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOBLOWN AWAY just how beautiful this Avenger of yours has turned out! LV YOUR ARTISTIC  COLOR SCHEME AND DESIGN! To me...YOU NAILED IT AND ENHANCED THE MODELS LINES AND CURVES PERFECTLY! I can assure you that once this model is tweaked..trimmmmmmmmmmmmmmed to your LIKING! HOPE YOU HAVE AS MUCH  SUCCESS AND GREAT FLIGHTS WITH THE AVENGER AS I DIDDE-DOOOD IT THOSE DAYS.
GOING TO THE SCHOOL OF GIALDINI and learning to follow HIS CONCEPT IDEAS for STUNT starting for me in the winter of 1966 and through those year until 1970 was truly a gift and a blessing that I will remember until the day----------- hopefully we shall all meet again.."above the earth and sky...where the CLPA angels dare to fly."
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 07:15:10 PM by Shultzie »
Don Shultz

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #444 on: February 27, 2012, 04:50:39 PM »
Calm down, Don. It will be OK.   LL~
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #445 on: February 27, 2012, 07:16:30 PM »
Calm down, Don. It will be OK.   LL~
DK^ DK^ 010! 010! YES! I HAD TO CHILL...TAKE A PILL! WHAAADDDAAAATHRILL!  LL~ LL~ LL~ #^
Don Shultz

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #446 on: February 27, 2012, 08:45:33 PM »
OK, the clear is on. Now comes the fun part: sanding, polishing, etc. Always a good time.
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #447 on: February 27, 2012, 09:14:42 PM »
Glad you got it cleared Randy,, Hope the polish process goes SMMMOOOTTTHHHH for you,,
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Online wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #448 on: February 27, 2012, 09:24:39 PM »
 Ahh, the clear is on with no further issues? Whew!

Glad to hear it Randy, I was a little worried last night when you said you were waiting another hour or whatever for the decals to dry so that you could shoot clear. I was hoping things weren't going too quickly, and then the clear chewing up the decals or something.

Wayne Willey

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #449 on: February 27, 2012, 10:12:29 PM »
Wayne,

We'll see. The clear is drying now. I'll take a look before I hit the sack. Looked good when I finished, but hey, you never know.
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here