Speed,Combat,Scale,Racing > Carrier

AMA Carrier Rule Proposals

<< < (2/10) > >>

bdt-m:
I honestly don't see the merit of either proposal, as far as eliminating the center judge by going to 30 degree's vs 60, you will still need the center judge to enforce the 30 degree rule. After reading the posted responses; I dislike proposal 02 as well as I dislike 01.

IMO; leave the rules alone, seems rule changes starting from doing away with the 1974-75 rules have not been a positive move for carrier for whatever reasons. I say build & learn to fly to the current rules, changing the rules just because a few 'dominate" isn't the answer, seems like the wrong approach...again just IMO.

Paul Smith:

--- Quote from: bdt-m on April 29, 2023, 10:04:56 AM ---I honestly don't see the merit of either proposal, as far as eliminating the center judge by going to 30 degree's vs 60, you will still need the center judge to enforce the 30 degree rule. After reading the posted responses; I dislike proposal 02 as well as I dislike 01.

IMO; leave the rules alone, seems rule changes starting from doing away with the 1974-75 rules have not been a positive move for carrier for whatever reasons. I say build & learn to fly to the current rules, changing the rules just because a few 'dominate" isn't the answer, seems like the wrong approach...again just IMO.

--- End quote ---

30, 60, or 90 degrees needs to be judged from somewhere.

Paul Smith:
Based on AMA's published results, it's surprising the whole category has not been dropped.

We drastically need rules revisions.  Sadly, the tiny number of full-time winners controls the system and will not allow meaningful change.
It is clear that the end of Carrier will not bother them as long as they win the final contest.

Electric Carrier, with three classes, has been offered at The Nats ten times.   Three events times three prizes times ten years equals 90 awards.  But only 50 awards were actually given due to meager entries. 
In the history of the events only two entrants came in forth place.  But five FIRST places were unawarded due to ZERO entries.
If that's not the definition of failure, what is?

bdt-m:

--- Quote from: Paul Smith on April 29, 2023, 02:34:03 PM ---Based on AMA's published results, it's surprising the whole category has not been dropped.

We drastically need rules revisions.  Sadly, the tiny number of full-time winners controls the system and will not allow meaningful change.
It is clear that the end of Carrier will not bother them as long as they win the final contest.

Electric Carrier, with three classes, has been offered at The Nats ten times.   Three events times three prizes times ten years equals 90 awards.  But only 50 awards were actually given due to meager entries. 
In the history of the events only two entrants came in forth place.  But five FIRST places were unawarded due to ZERO entries.
If that's not the definition of failure, what is?

--- End quote ---

Rule changes have the tendency to diminish entrants, some will not want to build all new planes & equipment. I worry that will be the case if the rules proposed pass.

If the goal is simplifying & eliminating the skill level needed to compete to the current set of rules, like low speed hanging and plane-equipment-engine tuning then I don't believe you will find a set of rules that serious competitors won't push to find what is needed to win & dominate....it's the nature of competition.

Even if you eliminate the slider, CCW engines, a few will prevail and find ways to win & dominate; hence the reason I feel it's best to leave the current rules in place. Make yourself more competitive, learn how to Hang like the best, find ways to win.

Bob Heywood:

--- Quote from: bdt-m on April 29, 2023, 04:44:44 PM ---Rule changes have the tendency to diminish entrants, some will not want to build all new planes & equipment. I worry that will be the case if the rules proposed pass.

If the goal is simplifying & eliminating the skill level needed to compete to the current set of rules, like low speed hanging and plane-equipment-engine tuning then I don't believe you will find a set of rules that serious competitors won't push to find what is needed to win & dominate....it's the nature of competition.

Even if you eliminate the slider, CCW engines, a few will prevail and find ways to win & dominate; hence the reason I feel it's best to leave the current rules in place. Make yourself more competitive, learn how to Hang like the best, find ways to win.

--- End quote ---

Sounds like a plan.

Build a Profile and join the fun...!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version