Speed,Combat,Scale,Racing > Carrier

AMA Carrier Rule Proposals

<< < (10/10)

john vlna:
I always used the ST c35 plain bearing in nostalgia. I still have 2 or three if anyone is interested, along with some McCoy and K&B plain bearing motors.
I also have nostalgia profile that is electric, probably not legal  VD~ VD~

Paul Smith:
1978 cutoff?  Who dreamed that up?

1975 was the end of the old days.  In 1976 we were flying the current rules.

Who would design a new model that didn't fit the rules? 

Not that it will ever change, but 1975 was the correct year. 

If I had any impact on the engines, I would allow any pre-1976 RC engine and modern PLAIN BEARING engines.  I would give some slack on the engine rule in the interest of participation.

john vlna:
Paul i believe 1978 comes from the current nostalgia rules as the cutoff date for an airplane to be eligible as a nostalgia plane. Similar to a lot of the pampa classes which have cutoff dates. I think Dick Perry was the principal drafter of nostalgia rules
The plane i have flown for at least 25 years is a Mottin XPC-1 (1969 design) with a ST C35 plain bearing. Would have looked very natural in 1970

Kris Millard:
If you're looking for new faces, try getting the guys who fly stunt but are not good enough to be competitive to come over and borrow a plane and try carrier. Thats how I got started. I can't do an outside loop to save my life, but I can win carrier contests. we have gotten three more carrier guys in our club as converts. I love all the classes, but I am actually getting good at 60 deg hangs. Please don't take it away. As to the same old faces winning, it's because they are dedicated and practice. All the dang time! Changing rules to de-skill an event is like participation trophies for kids soccer teams, I mean why reward excellence right. MAYBE WE SHOULD JUST DRAW FOR A WINNER AND GO GET LUNCH. Sorry, I hit caps lock. Didn't mean to. Anyway, I don't seek another trophy. I seek to improve my skills, compete with a bunch of awesome flyers, and have more fun than should be allowed. If you want a level playing field, fly NWS.40 or whatever they do back east. I fly it. At our last contest we had 4 people in AMA Profile but we had 13 in NWS.40. But most of us also fly other classes too. It's popular cause its easy and no stress. But I can tell you I am way more proud of my first in Profile than my first in NWS.40...It takes more skill and you're up against better flyers!

Electric? Ewww! Frying castor oils in the morning just...smells like victory!

bdt-m:

--- Quote from: Kris Millard on June 19, 2023, 04:39:00 PM ---If you're looking for new faces, try getting the guys who fly stunt but are not good enough to be competitive to come over and borrow a plane and try carrier. Thats how I got started. I can't do an outside loop to save my life, but I can win carrier contests. we have gotten three more carrier guys in our club as converts. I love all the classes, but I am actually getting good at 60 deg hangs. Please don't take it away. As to the same old faces winning, it's because they are dedicated and practice. All the dang time! Changing rules to de-skill an event is like participation trophies for kids soccer teams, I mean why reward excellence right. MAYBE WE SHOULD JUST DRAW FOR A WINNER AND GO GET LUNCH. Sorry, I hit caps lock. Didn't mean to. Anyway, I don't seek another trophy. I seek to improve my skills, compete with a bunch of awesome flyers, and have more fun than should be allowed. If you want a level playing field, fly NWS.40 or whatever they do back east. I fly it. At our last contest we had 4 people in AMA Profile but we had 13 in NWS.40. But most of us also fly other classes too. It's popular cause its easy and no stress. But I can tell you I am way more proud of my first in Profile than my first in NWS.40...It takes more skill and you're up against better flyers!

Electric? Ewww! Frying castor oils in the morning just...smells like victory!

--- End quote ---

Agreed... the skill needed to build, go fast, slow & hang a model at 60 degrees, plus the smell of Glow Fuel makes it hard to beat. Also agree the First Place in PC would make anyone proud to have achieved the winning result.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version