News:

• April 28, 2024, 09:12:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Engine mount..  (Read 605 times)

Offline Lauri Malila

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Engine mount..
« on: January 26, 2009, 02:12:56 PM »

Hi.

Here is the engine mount of my new Shark, ready to be sent to Kiev for final assembly. Engine bearers are of 1/2x3/8 maple (at least well dried, bought at Muncie WCh..), reinforced with 1,5mm glassfiber plates. Formers are from 3mm aircraft plywood. Threaded inserts for mounting engine and tank are turned from #2024 aluminium. There is a few mm extra on the perimeter of formers, Andrei can fit them well in the mold.
 In this construction the engine bearers are in contact with fuselage skin only via plywood formers, it reduces vibration and noise.
 While waiting, the next thing to do are the fuel tank, muffler and muffler mounting things.

Cheers, Lauri M.

Offline Lauri Malila

• Admiral
Re: Engine mount..
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 02:13:57 PM »
..another picture..

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 02:48:33 PM »
Interesting engine and needle layout.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 09:07:39 PM »
Interesting engine and needle layout.

Yup! I know what it is NOT, but haven't a clue what it is. And I'm pretty sure it's not a Retro Discovery 10.
 n~ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here