News:

• May 13, 2024, 01:44:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Chipmunk Decals?  (Read 813 times)

Offline Jerry Reider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Chipmunk Decals?
« on: January 25, 2009, 08:11:07 PM »
I have a SIG Chipmunk that I just have to install the engine, finish painting the cowl and put the decals on.  I began putting the decals on this evening and found that as soon as they are wet and ready to come off the backing they split apart.  Does anyone know where I can get a replacement sheet of decals for this kit.  I had this happen years ago with a Sterling Fokker DR-1 Triplane and I called Sterling and they sent me a new sheet of decals.  I never did fly that plane, it's still hanging from the ceiling as a display piece.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 07:37:26 PM by Jerry Reider »
Jerry

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Where can I get Chipmunk Decals?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 09:28:07 PM »
SIG? I'd look at their website, but wouldn't rule out calling them. Then again, I really don't know what decals a Chipmunk would need that are specific to the design. How about your AMA #'s (1"+ tall) on top the right wing, or on the side of the fuselage or fin, as registration numbers? I'd use N7781X, for instance. I'm not real sure that all CD's or ED's would like this, but I am a CD, and it wouldn't bother me at all.  It looks from your picture that British Roundals or Stars & Bars are strictly out!  LL~ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Jerry Reider

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 09:48:43 PM »
Thanks Steve.  Actually I did email SIG right after I posted the question.   I'm Guessing they may be willing to help me.  The kit is still in production.  Here's a picture of a Chipmunk with all the decals on it.
Jerry

Offline Andrew Hathaway

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 10:40:08 PM »
SIGDKM019  SIG CL SUPER CHIPMUNK DECAL [2 DECALS PER SET]  $4.39

From the Sig website, click product code search and enter the code SIGDKM019, or click key word search and enter Chipmunk in the first box, and decal in the second.  Either search brings them right up.  The last set I had weren't water slides... More of a sticky backed plastic. 

Offline Jerry Reider

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 06:46:28 AM »
Thanks Steve.  Actually I did email SIG right after I posted the question.   I'm Guessing they may be willing to help me.  The kit is still in production.  Here's a picture of a Chipmunk with all the decals on it.

SIG replied to my email already.  They're sending me a new set of decals; no charge.
Jerry

Offline Pinecone

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Commander
Re: Chipmunk Decals?
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 06:37:04 AM »
That's what I would expect from Sig.

BTW you can cut the stars out of covering and add them like you did the stripes.
Terry Carraway
AMA 47402

Offline Jerry Reider

• Commander
Re: Chipmunk Decals?
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 07:53:18 AM »

BTW you can cut the stars out of covering and add them like you did the stripes.
[/quote]

Yeah, I thought about doing that but it seemed a lot easier to email SIG.  Seriously, I couldn't have made the Pennzoil and all the small decals.  I spent so much time making this plane right, I don't want to have decals that aren't right.
Jerry

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here