News:

• May 12, 2024, 08:25:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Fuji .05?  (Read 681 times)

Offline david beazley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Fuji .05?
« on: November 26, 2009, 05:49:46 AM »
Anyone have any experience with Fuji engines, specifically their .05?  I see Meccoa has them on their website.
It's only paranoia if they aren't really after you.
Analog man trapped in a digital world
AMA # 2817

Offline Douglas Ames

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
Re: Fuji .05?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 11:03:21 AM »
I've wondered this myself. They look high tech for a 1/2A.
Curious how much they weigh w/ muffler?
Neat little engine.
AMA 656546

If you do a little bit every day it will get done, or you can do it tomorrow.

Offline dennis lipsett

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 12:01:07 PM »
This engine has been covered in depth through most of the other forums. It is the Toki 049 and frankly for the money, read expensive, I'd say save your dough. They had also made a 40 heli engine that failed to deliver.
Dennis

Offline kenneth cook

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 12:23:54 PM »
Whats the rpm on this little engine? And with what prop? Can you also conclude if you used the muffler or not looks to constrictive for 1/2a. Thanks Shawn

Offline Graham Collins

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 05:05:50 PM »
As Dennis said, the Fuji is the same as Toki 049. These engines are twin ball race and quite beafy (heavy) and where marketed for the RC car crowd and as such are timed for high rpm and for use with the typical RC car tuned pipe.

As a plane engine think small diameter prop. Similar engines have also come out of the East under the names of Piktor and Sportwerks - they all look nearly identical and pictures of the internal parts show them to be pretty much the same. Picco made a simlar size engine called the Picco P-Zero - much better fit and finish but alas really and truly a high rpm design and really only suitable for turning small props fast (ie 28K+). The Picco's are being used in 1/2a proto profile speed flying (with a couple of mods to make 1/2a legal) and 1/2a RC pylon racing.

The Fuji/Toki/Piktor/Sportwerks might be OK in 1/2a combat (although on the heavy side) but I think you would disappointed with them as a sport type engine - the AP 061 would be a better choice all round in that matter.

cheers, Graham in Ottawa Canada

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here