News:

• April 26, 2024, 09:34:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: SUPERTIGRE G21 35 vs. SUPERTIGRE C21 35.  (Read 4634 times)

Offline Frank Imbriaco

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • At the 69 Willow Grove NATS with J.D. FALCON II
SUPERTIGRE G21 35 vs. SUPERTIGRE C21 35.
« on: October 07, 2015, 09:11:35 AM »
OTHER THAN THE BALL BEARINGS ON THE G21 35 , are the following interchangeable ?:

-CRANK
-PISTON/LINER
-CONNECTING ROD/WRIST PIN
-HEAD

Thanks

Offline Bob Matiska

• 2020 supporter
  • Lieutenant
Re: SUPERTIGRE G21 35 vs. SUPERTIGRE C21 35.
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 11:11:53 AM »
Frank, according to a couple of old World Engines catalogs I have, only the crankshaft is different between the plain bearing and ball bearing Super Tigre 35s among the parts you have listed.. The other parts have the same part numbers, so they should interchange OK. (I knew I saved those catalogs for a reason)

Bob in NEPA
AMA 56267

Offline C.T. Schaefer

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 02:17:25 PM »
Frank, What Bob said is true. I have some experience with the S-T.   TS

Offline Frank Imbriaco

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • At the 69 Willow Grove NATS with J.D. FALCON II
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 02:24:16 PM »
Thanks -Bob and Tom.

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 10:29:52 PM »
OTHER THAN THE BALL BEARINGS ON THE G21 35 , are the following interchangeable ?:

-CRANK   .............   NO
-PISTON/LINER  ............   YES for the most part( i don't think they made a PDP C35)
-CONNECTING ROD/WRIST PIN  ............ YES
-HEAD    ...........  YES
CASE...................NO
VENTURIE....................NO
BACK PLATE.....................YES

RANDY

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 10:38:20 PM »

-CRANK   .............   NO
-PISTON/LINER  ............   YES for the most part( i don't think they made a PDP C35)
-CONNECTING ROD/WRIST PIN  ............ YES
-HEAD    ...........  YES
CASE...................NO
VENTURIE....................NO
BACK PLATE.....................YES

RANDY

" PISTON/LINER  ............   YES for the most part( i don't think they made a PDP C35) "
One Thing with SUPER TIGRES , never say never .
Ive got a bleedy PDP C 35 , for spare liner for the 21s .  >:(

Std C 35 did 5 minutes on the seven minute tank with 21 - 35 .

Was a engine test on the pdp C 35 RC in one of the American magazines ,

Offline EddyR

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2015, 05:39:01 PM »
When I converted my C35's to ABC I kept the P&L's I then converted two G21 BB flat top piston motors to stunt us by installing  the C35 PL in them. I had to cut a notch in the head for the piston baffle. The guys I did it for said it made a very powerful stunt engine.
Ed
Locust NC 40 miles from the Huntersville field

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2015, 08:36:55 PM »
" PISTON/LINER  ............   YES for the most part( i don't think they made a PDP C35) "
One Thing with SUPER TIGRES , never say never .
Ive got a bleedy PDP C 35 , for spare liner for the 21s .  >:(

Std C 35 did 5 minutes on the seven minute tank with 21 - 35 .

Was a engine test on the pdp C 35 RC in one of the American magazines ,

Yes the piston sleeve fits, but the only one I saw  did NOT have the  bypass  port cut into the case, and it was brand new.
Not that there  may have been some ??  that is why I said  "I don't think they made"   I do know the G21 was, as I had several of them.
If you saw an engine test, was there any power increase?

Randy

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2015, 10:14:36 PM »
Tried looking for the test in my folder last night . Unfortunately it appears its in the loose magazines . Maybe the one on the bottom thatd be on top if I turn them upside down  LL~ or in the middle .  :P

What it did whine about was ( being R. C. ) that extended idle got the muffler oil drawn into the case st throttling up the plug got a dose of castor and called it Lunch . The muffler cut the power with the s p I , so unmuffled its another engine . Like My S29 hopefully, the test for that shows near
double the output unmuffled .
Er , . . Id assume the pdp to be more economical than the std C . Might pull the thing down for a picture . Its had the mounts shaved so dunno if it was stamped pdp , most others are stamped there. Maybe .

Its the one with the wide muffler lugs on the case , all pdps would, I think .

[img][/http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTA2NlgxNjAw/z/lzYAAOSwPgxVMGZl/$_1.JPGimg]

borrowed pic with wide muffler lugs . ???

[img][/http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/attachments/3/3/2/3/5/8/t6717208-131-thumb-DSCI0635.JPG?d=1398609501img]

Online Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
Re: SUPERTIGRE G21 35 vs. SUPERTIGRE .35C
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2015, 05:26:14 PM »
Never saw the .35C's referred to as "C21", always as .35C series, both combat and stunt versions. I doubt the R/C versions were referred to that way, but I never paid much attention to the R/C stuff. That was a good engine for Profile Navy Carrier when the event first came out. About the time of the PDP versions...later in production.

I flew combat for some years with K&B Series '61/'64 and a Johnson .36bb, but had continual problems with them...until the ST .35C came out. Great engine for me; never puked, always started, lots of torque, not a high reving engine for me. I'm still puzzled by why the G.21 .35 was a high-revving engine, while the .35C was not, with the same piston/cylinder and head. Smaller crank bore, ball bearings, bigger bypass...what was the difference?   ??? Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2015, 09:15:18 PM »
EGAD .

Theres that for $105 & a 21/46 RC both new , @ $ 145 , shipped - Whitman Flyers , R C Groups classifieds , at the moment .

hows that for synchronycity , or something .
You cant get the 9 mm bore intake on the C seies . :(

My 21/35 , has the Ex Divider with the screw hole and small square flats on outer edges of exhaust stack, ( no muffler lugs )
came with two venturies , a 9 mm bore and a short ' V ' bore 3 ? mm one .
On the small one with open exhaust , side mounted in the 2nd phantom , it had a nice bark ( stattico ! ) on a 10 x 4 three blade
trucked around the sky dead steady , picks up a notch maybe under duress , but wasnt really under any .
Dunno if itd work muffled ( for Stunt ) as the S P I' is there .
Wondering if anyones used a Brian Gardner ABC baffled in the 21/35 . Would have to be a pretty good motor , youd think .

Offline EddyR

• Admiral
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2015, 04:18:18 AM »
Matt Go back and read my post as you asked

"Wondering if anyones used a Brian Gardner ABC baffled in the 21/35 . Would have to be a pretty good motor , youd think "

I sent Brian one of my C/35 to make the ABC P/L's. They run stronger and do work as a classic stunt motor. I do not know of anyone else who has made the conversion. I did put one on a old combat Reactor and it was more powerful than the K&B 35 that came off it. I have never seen one with muffler lugs. Prop is 10/5 for stunt.
Ed
Locust NC 40 miles from the Huntersville field

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here