News:

Advertise Here

• February 18, 2020, 11:31:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Politics  (Read 480 times)

Offline John Leidle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ensign
Politics
« on: November 23, 2019, 09:39:29 AM »
   How about we leave that garbage elsewhere ? This board is for model airplanes PA last time I checked. I understand that a lot of people here are grumpy old men without much going on in their lives . So I suggest they go to a politics , hate everyone board and stop smelling this one up.

Online Ken Culbertson

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Politics
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2019, 09:45:58 AM »
Here is a thought.  Don't comment on that thread and you won't see it anymore.
AMA 15382
If it is not broke, don't fix it.
If it is broke, replace it.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Online Fredvon4

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2019, 11:20:31 AM »
hey John

I hear you BUT
you have the channel selector..(mouse)...change the channel if the topic is NOT to your preference
"A good scare teaches more than good advice"

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline bill bischoff

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2019, 12:31:42 PM »
We've already selected ESPN, so why are we getting Fox News? I'm with John on this one.

Offline Joseph Patterson

• 2018 Supporter
  • Captain
  • AMA member- Supporter
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2019, 03:09:49 AM »
   How about we leave that garbage elsewhere ? This board is for model airplanes PA last time I checked. I understand that a lot of people here are grumpy old men without much going on in their lives . So I suggest they go to a politics , hate everyone board and stop smelling this one up.

With you on that one John all the way.
           Doug

Offline Jim Hoffman

• 2020 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2019, 07:07:03 AM »
I'd prefer that politics be left aside on Stunt Hanger.  I come here for CL modeling stuff

Online T.J. Vieira

• 2019 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2019, 09:01:41 AM »
+1 on leaving the politics out.

the only politics we should be discussing are those concerning the hobby.  FAA rules, if they want to start putting catalytic converters on our little motors, etc etc....

Online Ken Culbertson

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2019, 09:54:01 AM »
+1 on leaving the politics out.

the only politics we should be discussing are those concerning the hobby.  FAA rules, if they want to start putting catalytic converters on our little motors, etc etc....
Are you implying that there are politics in PA? LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~

Ken
AMA 15382
If it is not broke, don't fix it.
If it is broke, replace it.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2019, 06:14:57 PM »
When I started this forum is was during the Brodak War. We are now at a time where Google, Youtube is censoring on a massive scale I think with the 45000 other topics to choose from You can click on a thread that interests you if on is not to your liking. Or you can hang out at Farcebook when they are not selling your info to the Russians or whomever they are selling all your DATA to.

I think we do a pretty good job of keeping this down to a dull roar.
AMA 12366

Offline AirClassix

• 2019 supporter
  • Captain
    • AirClassix on eBay
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2019, 10:16:35 AM »
Bravo, Sparky!  Why is it that so many who decry political discourse - which they could easily circumvent - resort to name-calling?  Seems to me "grumpy old men" tend to be those who insist it's their way or the highway.

Dennis
Dennis Leonhardi
New Prague, MN
AMA 353
http://stores.ebay.com/airclassix

Offline bill bischoff

• Admiral
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2019, 12:14:40 PM »
Unlike Youtube and Google, StuntHangar is meant to be subject specific. People don't log on here looking for political discussions. There are other outlets for that, and that's perfectly fine. I wish to avoid that, so I don't go to those sites. Perhaps I tend to think that just by logging on to StuntHangar, I should already be avoiding politics.

Offline Oldenginerod

• New Pilot
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2019, 03:12:59 PM »
Well, I've had just one day as a member here and this is the sort of stuff I see first up.  If that's how it's gonna be, I'm starting to wonder if I made the right choice.

I get it, most of you guys are in the USA so your domestic issues are clear in your heads, but I don't care which jerk is in power over there, as long as they don't want to start bombing Australia.  LL~ I want to learn how to build and fly, not see how much you guys can criticise each other. I'm lookin' for friends here H^^

Offline AirClassix

• 2019 supporter
  • Captain
    • AirClassix on eBay
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2019, 03:31:18 PM »
Unlike Youtube and Google, StuntHangar is meant to be subject specific. People don't log on here looking for political discussions. There are other outlets for that, and that's perfectly fine. I wish to avoid that, so I don't go to those sites. Perhaps I tend to think that just by logging on to StuntHangar, I should already be avoiding politics.

Bill, I actually am laughing at your comments …  you came here to avoid politics, then clicked into a post labeled politics!?!  Please laugh with me, no disrespect meant and we're adults who enjoy something in common.

Dennis
Dennis Leonhardi
New Prague, MN
AMA 353

Online Fredvon4

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2019, 05:56:18 PM »
Get grip old engine and all you other pissy members....... there are dozens of AREAS below relating to engineering, engine set up, combat, scale, building, 1/2a, and many others....are you too self absorbed that in one area and ONE topic there is an ongoing Political discussion....well cool..read one or two posts...then YOU decide FREDVON4 is a Trump supporter and CHANGE THE freaking channel with your MOUSE IN YOUR HAND....

NO one compels you to read what Bob or Fred writes.... JUST like --not one soul can ever compel me to tune in the Commie News Network CNN...EVER!!

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline Oldenginerod

• New Pilot
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2019, 04:41:17 AM »
Get grip old engine and all you other pissy members....... there are dozens of AREAS below relating to engineering, engine set up, combat, scale, building, 1/2a, and many others....are you too self absorbed that in one area and ONE topic there is an ongoing Political discussion....well cool..read one or two posts...then YOU decide FREDVON4 is a Trump supporter and CHANGE THE freaking channel with your MOUSE IN YOUR HAND....

NO one compels you to read what Bob or Fred writes.... JUST like --not one soul can ever compel me to tune in the Commie News Network CNN...EVER!!

Well Fred, sorry you feel that way.  We always seem to have got on fine over on CEF.  You've even sent me good stuff for free before. 
Maybe you vent in the "redneck Zone" over there, but I never go there to see, for good reason it seems.  The discussions over there are well moderated and generally bad language and attitudes aren't tolerated.  All the reviews about Stunthangar seemed positive so I decided to give it a shot, but looks like its not for "p#&&y" people like me.  Gotta say, I'm disappointed to have started out like this.  Yeah, I know, I don't have to look at certain threads, but just knowing the sort of negative banter that's going on around me sours things for me.  Checking out for now. H^^

Online Fredvon4

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2019, 09:37:40 AM »
old engine rod....I do respect your desire to not watch American politics and discourse...when in fact you say " but I don't care which jerk is in power over there, as long as they don't want to start bombing Australia."...you waded in with a political opinion....

So you are insulted at my "PISSY" remark but you refer to a US Leader many of us like immensely, as a jerk....sorry Down Under brother but that is also an insult.....now I admit you might not be referring to Trump but rather any US president....still will be an insult to one group or another....

another backhanded insult.....depending on your political bias..."so why are we getting FOX News?"

and the lead in to a POLITICAL topic is just as disrespectful/insulting...."here are grumpy old men without much going on in their lives"

well sparkey made a place now to move topics that morph to politics.....waste of his time IMO

the antagonists on this site will still ponder various subjects and insults and some will still lament WHY POLITICS ON A STUNT FORUM....?

When Maxiene Waters starts yamering her vile hatfull bull @#$%...I change the channel...it is easy....some of you pissy readers should do same when you see Fredvon4 in any topic thread

Fred von Gortler IV

Online Fredvon4

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2019, 03:15:16 PM »
Ty I did not bat an eye when Renie wanted a $16,000 multi needle embroidery machine from the Houston Quilt show....

My hobby wood working shop (not to be confused with my Model airplane shop, or my Gun collection and reloading room, or my insane computer network....)

We both did well in life--- and stretched over time ---  can afford to get some few desired items.....you know....doing our bit to be consumers in TRUMP'S GREAT ECONOMY.....grin wink

Fred von Gortler IV

Online FLOYD CARTER

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
    • owner
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2019, 03:17:50 PM »
If you notice, there is a tab here called "Supporter's Room".  It's mostly political diatribes.  It's OK to post your Far Left, or Far Right meanderings there.   Those with a hankering to take a jab at Washington DC can feel good about posting there.  Maybe someone will read it.
"Growing old is easy.
 Staying old is hard"
AMA #796  SAM #188  LSF #020

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2019, 09:49:22 PM »
Bill, I actually am laughing at your comments …  you came here to avoid politics, then clicked into a post labeled politics!?!  Please laugh with me, no disrespect meant and we're adults who enjoy something in common.

Dennis

Ok, here goes...

I come here pretty much daily for my C/L Modeling "fix", not for any unrelated politics. I'd be willing to bet that Bill B "clicked into" this "Politics" post for the same reason I did, thinking it might be an opportunity to throw in a vote in an attempt to put an end those "discussions" on this forum.

I'll admit, I get sucked into them on occasion but would rather not. I don't go looking for them here but when I do happen to stumble across some idiotic political rant (many times having developed within a thread that originally had nothing to do with it) it's hard to avoid throwing back my two cents. That's even while knowing those types of politics shouldn't be up for debate here. It's like if someone takes the first swing, there's a damn good chance I'm gonna swing right back.

Yes, the channel could be turned as some say, but like is also mentioned above that's why we choose to turn to THIS channel, for topics and discussion related to C/L MODELING. If the other politics weren't allowed here (like they really shouldn't be) it would end the temptation and the problem.
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline Craig Beswick

• 2018 Supporter
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2019, 11:57:51 PM »
I am with you Warbird.

This forum is on the World Wide Web and US politics just does not interest me. I am here for control line discussion.

As the title says, "Stunthanger".

Craig
From AUSTRALIA.

Offline phil c

• Admiral
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2019, 02:26:40 PM »

Bill- more or less what I do.  No politics here.  There are very few sites where you can have an actual conversation with reasonable messages.  Unfortunately politics usually requires a page or more to make a decent argument.  I do have a few "canned" comments that I've used before so I don't have to type it all in.

PhilC
phil Cartier

Offline Dwayne Donnelly

• Admiral
    • My site
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2019, 04:03:57 PM »
My purpose in life is to serve as warning to others

maac 44334

Offline AirClassix

• 2019 supporter
  • Captain
    • AirClassix on eBay
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2019, 02:20:13 PM »
I'll just leave this here.  I strongly agree
https://stunthanger.com/smf/paint-and-finishing/political-comments-warning/

"I speak the truth, not so much as I would, but as much as I dare; and I dare a little more as I grow older." - Montaigne

At the risk of offending several …

Dwayne - that must have taken some searching!  I guess my friend Bill Little put that warning in the Paint and Finishing Forum he moderated.

Unfortunately Bill hasn’t been heard from here in many moons, and he doesn’t respond to my phone calls or emails.  My only contact with the family has been with his son Aaron, who just celebrated a birthday a couple of days ago.

And - more to the point - the Forum’s owner, Sparky, has himself made some very political comments in recent days.

I come here - like most probably - to pursue a passion.  That said, there are several individual forums I’ve never checked into.  They simply don’t interest me.

So, I’m completely at a loss to understand why anyone here feels a need to “click” into a topic they don’t want to deal with, and feels a need to “police” the topic.

Can someone help me understand?

A closing thought: Please recognize that which "triggers" you is not the actual post or the poster, but something in YOU.

The way you choose to react is all up to you! And simply “clicking away” is easy …

Dennis
Dennis Leonhardi
New Prague, MN
AMA 353

Tags:

Advertise Here