News:

• May 05, 2024, 06:10:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Kenhi Cougar & Panther? electric conversion?  (Read 1598 times)

Offline BrianW517

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
Kenhi Cougar & Panther? electric conversion?
« on: May 28, 2012, 10:04:34 PM »
  H^^  S?P I have two Kenhi planes that I'm overhauling from thirty plus years of hanger rash!  LL~  n~ The Cougar was powered by a .35 Torpedo and the Panther was powered by a  .29 Torpedo. Both engines are tired  Z@@ZZZ so I'm thinking of trying to convert the planes to electric power. :o   mw~ Has anybody seen either of these Kenhi planes fly?  #^ I was just happy as a lark, just to take off and land the planes in one piece, as I usually re-boxed most of my planes after three flights.  LL~  So if the planes survived, I thought they flew great.  y1 If they didn't, they flew poorly.  :! I've forgotten how these planes flew after all these decades.  Is it worth the effort to convert these planes to E-Power!?  ???  >:D  n1  ~^ Thanks  H^^

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
Re: Kenhi Cougar & Panther? electric conversion?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 10:07:20 PM »
What is your intent, to fly them for fun, or to fly them in competition,, if competition is your intent,, then you may be better to start from scratch if you want a competative airframe,, just my opinion ,, if sport and having fun is your goal, heck why not go for it
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 12:33:16 PM »
Both models can be good flying examples.  Bob Whiteley won the first VSC in Classic with a Kenhi Panther!

I would strip all the covering and check the glue joints since they have been around a while.

I am sure the guys here can suggest the means to convert them to electric.

BIG Bear
RNMM/AMM
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline BrianW517

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 08:31:43 PM »
  H^^ I plan to fly them for the sport-fun of it.  #^ I removed the deteriorating covering from the Panther, and found week & damaged & warped balsa,   n1 that needed repairs to be updated.  S?P I'm using polyspan with Rattle Can Krylon color & gloss clear. I might be using Black & Gold on the Panther and Yellow & Black on the cougar. I'm thinking of using a Brodak .35 size set up combo.  y1 H^^

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 12:36:41 AM »
John Witt has an electric Panther.
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here