Design > Stunt design

Big Nobler

(1/2) > >>

Howard Rush:
A friend, who might remain nameless, wants to build a .46-size Nobler.  He asked for suggestions.  A Nobler is a .46-size Nobler, isn't it?  Besides the size, I'd suggest a good airfoil and a horizontal stabilizer that's as big and as far back as possible without looking too much unlike a Nobler for his taste.  Please give us historic and philosophical advice.

Dan McEntee:
   I knew people have been running ST.46's in Noblers since that engine came into favor. The first one I ever saw powered by an ST.46 was by Lou Wolgast at a early VSC . Lots of people run LA.46s in the ARF's these days. The biggest problem is fitting in a big enough tank in that skinny fuselage. The ARFs have some of their own issues.  Now , if you want a big Nobler I met a guy at the SIG contest years ago the enlarged the green box kit to a .60 size for the Fox .59. His had a short shaft .59 in it. He actually had the model with him, so we got to look at it. Jim Lee was there, and he remembered seeing the model at a contest in the early 60's and even had a photograph of it with a time stamp on it from that same contest. Another guy there, who's name I can't remember right now, measured up the model and drew a set of plans for it, which I have. The builder's name was Jerry Jack, I think, and the the guy that drew up the plan was maybe Jan Rummery??  There are plans on Outserzone of various Noblers, and I think some one even has a sheet with all the green box Nobler parts on it. All that is needed is some work with a digital plotter to get the exact size he wants. He certainly would not be the first one to do this. Igotta run to an appointment but will check back in later.
  Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee

Dennis Toth:
Isn't Gieseke's Bear design something that would fit, maybe just revise the tail a bit?

Best,   DennisT

Tim Wescott:
Put a Nobler fin, Nobler wingtips, and impose the Nobler stab shape (but not size) onto an Impact.

Put a piped 40 in it (or a piped 46LA -- Randy will sell you the pipe setup).

Then you'll have a "46 sized Nobler" that could go head to head with an Impact, almost.

Air Ministry .:
LA 46's are popular in REGULAR NOBLER's .

https://stunthanger.com/smf/nostalgia-30/gieseke-nobler-46/msg613419/#msg613419

Owever , a SF .46 has as much grunt as a ST 60 , if your more expansive . lotta Stuff on ' the Bear ' .
think he first did a bigger Nobler for the ST 60 back when EVERYONE had to have a S Tigre 60 .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version