Design > Stunt design

Big Nobler

<< < (2/2)

Dave_Trible:
Howard you might just suggest the Bear.  It is quite a bit like an enlarged Gieseke Nobler and the '97 version I believe flew with everything from a Tigre .46 to a PA .75 at one time or another.  Just needs to be light for a .46.  I understand the stab area is at the absolute minimum for the design so it really needs the tip plates or you might fudge the size up a little.  I think this was intentional to lighten the aft end as much as possible.

Dave

Jim Svitko:
I have a 50 ounce Gieseke Nobler with an LA 46.  Fully sheeted foam wing.  Nice combination.  Yeah, maybe a bit overpowered at times but I can always reduce the nitro and do other things to calm it down.  This is a good set up for those days when the air density is lousy and you need the power.

Robertc:
I made a 46 sized Gieseke Nobler by taking the kit plans and enlarging a bit.  Wing area is around 630 sq in.

Air Ministry .:
The THING with a LA 46 in a Std. Nobler , is a Toungue Muffler ( Reqd. for weight things ) & small venture , will get it trickling along , and the props not gunna stop .

Like the .275 VF venturie , where itll run the same anywhere . Whereas if you get a bigger one the tune goes with the barometer .

AQ Big Ballrace SF would want a bigger plane . The 46 is FP 35 / 40 ish , with a big piston . Hasnt got the grunt for a 60 ship .

De Hill:
Did Bob Gieske build a .60 sized Nobler?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version