News:

• April 19, 2024, 02:09:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Two line control handles for speed - what are you using?  (Read 933 times)

Online Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Two line control handles for speed - what are you using?
« on: July 05, 2021, 12:15:28 PM »
Not trying to over post but since I am interested in a couple two line speed events I was wondering what handle designs are being used for speed? I have lots of stunt handles but I'm pretty sure the line spacing is way to big and the handle too bulky. Can you post some pictures.

Thanks,     DennisT

Offline Dave Rigotti

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
  • "Electric...The future of anytime stunt"
Re: Two line control handles for speed - what are you using?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2021, 03:57:04 PM »
4" spacing???????
Mine has 2 1/2" spacing.  Used for Fox speed and Perky.  I could see 2" spacing for .21 sport speed and .21 profile proto.
Made from 1/8" by 3/4" aluminum bar from Ace Hardware.  A 3/4" wood dowel for hand grip. Racket wrap for comfort.  Ace Hardware for the adjusting screw and the 1/4" stainless steel thru bolt with locking nut.  1/16" cable for the leadouts.
Of course the height would be to fit your hand.  This one is about 3 1/4" for mine.  The arms are 2 1/2" long.
Dave Rigotti
AMA 66859
Chesterland, Ohio

Online Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2021, 09:19:06 AM »
Dave,
What are the dimensions for the dowel and overhang arms?

I saw a simple handle design from Warren Kurth's Peanut 1/2A speed ship that was a straight 1/2" dowel about 3"- 4" long with 0.045" wire through the dowel spaced at 1" with a 1 1/2" overhang on the wire. Maybe to simple as it didn't allow for line adjustment, kinda like a fixed point handle. The Moon brothers use a turnbuckle on one line to allow adjustment and that might be what is needed but in a small size.

Best,    DennisT

Offline Bob Heywood

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2021, 11:49:29 AM »
I use the Reyco Hard Point handle by Bill Reynolds. It's easy to set-up for any desirable line spacing and allows for neutral adjustment, if necessary. The grip is slight bigger than a Hot Rock but feels just fine. They are available from Brodak.

The top is for Fox 35 Stunt Speed and the lower one is for 1/2 A Profile Proto.
"Clockwise Forever..."

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here