News:

• May 10, 2024, 05:29:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: THE PERKY CONTEST IS BACK ON & WINNERS  (Read 617 times)

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
THE PERKY CONTEST IS BACK ON & WINNERS
« on: July 04, 2011, 06:26:20 PM »
Last minute entries plus a note that the English want to join into the conest ... Black Hawk Models will continue to sponsor this contest.

2011 winner is:
Joseph Reinhard at 72.283 miles per hour closest to 66.0914 mph average.
Well done

New rules
all types of engines will compete together.

Larry

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
Re: THE PERKY CONTEST IS BACK ON & WINNERS
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 05:11:43 PM »
I do not care if this angers someone or not but the bumbest think I have heard was a complaint about the Perky Postal Contest.  A fellow called one of my dealers to complain that the Postal event only awarded a trophy for the average speed.  He said that he had never heard of such a thing ... the trophy should go to the fastest plane not the average plane.
     How would that work?  I do not know the person building or flying the plane, I am not there to see or time the speed of the plane .... How would I know?  Anyone could write and tell me that they flew at 10,000 MPH and, unless someone beats that speed, I would have to send him a trophy.  This is a POSTAL Contest.  ???

Offline rustler

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 10:36:00 PM »
I would call this more of an event than a contest, but feel free to think of it as a contest if you wish. Maybe a bit like precision f/f events where you try to achieve a specified flight time, except that here you have to guess the time if you want to "win". The bottom line is that Larry is free to run whatever he likes, it's a free country as they say. The danger in complaining is that there is always the standard answer, - "Fine, if that's the way you want it, you organise and run it!".
Ian Russell.
[I can remember the schedule o.k., the problem is remembering what was the last manoeuvre I just flew!].

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 08:38:12 AM »
Yes this is Larry's contest/event/happening,  fly by his rules and don't complain.   If you want an all out speed contest, go to the NATS.  I still haven't got mine in the air yet.  Need to find the needle valve. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 09:05:58 AM »
Doc,

The needle valve is generally part of the engine, it protrudes out from the side or rear and can be turned to adjust the fuel flow to the engine.  LL~
Just kidding!!!

Larry

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 08:13:33 PM »
Just for the sake of discussion, there ARE postal free flight contests that are run on actual winning performance (longest flight time) and they depend on personal honesty.  It works OK for the them.   I don't think CL flyers are any less honest.  

If you want to give the award to the closest to average, that perflectly OK.  Your business.  But there's no real obstacle to running a "fastest speed" postal event.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 09:45:00 AM by Paul Smith »
Paul Smith

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 10:37:16 PM »
Let us say you are right we offer a trophy to the fastest Perky out there.  Remember that anyone can enter even if they do not have a perky, simply say they do and submit a speed.  They do not even need to be a control liner.  I see nothing but problems as those who do legally enter will not be satisfied in someones word ... what a can of worms that would be.
    As for Black Hawk Models we DO NOT RECOMMEND using Perkys'' for high speed flying.  The plane was designed for speeds around 50 mph to 70 mph and since the U. S. is full of lawyers that would put us out of business for supporting a dangerous part of the hobby that results in an injury, we will NOT be involved. 
    For those who want to run the Perky in a dangerous manner ... that is up to you.  So if you decide to do it, do not drag us into it, we will not be your scape goat.  ~^

Larry

Offline PerttiMe

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 04:57:39 AM »
The Perky is such a cute design that it would be a pity to fly it so fast you cannot see it :D
I built a Blue Pants as a kid. Wish I still had it. Might even learn to fly it.

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2011, 06:14:39 PM »
Trophy is on its way.  D>K

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here