News:

• May 08, 2024, 11:31:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Desert Streak ???  (Read 522 times)

Offline Clifton Gregory

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ensign
The Desert Streak ???
« on: February 18, 2012, 04:54:40 PM »
A friend of mine just gave me this kit. Called the Desert Streak, Desert Model Co. Phoenix Arizona Designed by James McElroy. I have other speed kits but this one is very unusual, aluminum wings & elavator. If anyone can give me any further info I would greatly appriciate it. Give me a call if you like. Thanks.

Cliff  252-394-0861

Offline Double Deuce

• Lieutenant
Re: The Desert Streak ???
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 08:40:03 PM »
Think you have the kit info pretty well nailed. I had one for many years but think I gave it to Mike Hazel more than several years ago.

Jim was as fine a gentleman as ever graced the speed circle. Got to know him pretty well in the mid 60's. He had been out of the game for a long time but returned and worked with George Meuller a bit getting Steve Meuller up to speed.

An outstanding propeller maker. The man had an eye for symmetry as he hand carved all his props.

Not sure if he made the kits for all classes or not. Think mine was a .19 size. The A speed size in those days.
Might have been for a .29. More memories fade from this 76 year old mind daily.

If Jim is still with us, I do not know. After George and then Jim Nightingale left us, I have no more connection with the Phoenix area.

Thanks for stirring some pleasant memories

Double Deuce

Offline Clifton Gregory

• Ensign
Re: The Desert Streak ???
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 09:20:40 PM »
Thanks for the nice comment, you take care sir.

Cliff

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here