Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Speed  (Read 597 times)

Offline dynasoar1948

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Speed
« on: June 09, 2008, 10:05:20 AM »
ALL-

Whittier Narrows will host the Bill & Bev Wisnewski Memorial contest June 14-15.  I plan to be there to try my new B-Electric speed ship (on 12 year old batteries) and check out FAI Record legal lines (7-laps/km) in the 170 foot enclosure, probably with a Sport-Jet.

I'll bring methanol in case we have to mix jet fuel on site (propylene anyone?)

See you there-

Will Stewart
William Stewart

Offline Jim Rhoades

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Re: Speed
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 02:05:44 PM »
ALL-

Whittier Narrows will host the Bill & Bev Wisnewski Memorial contest June 14-15.  I plan to be there to try my new B-Electric speed ship (on 12 year old batteries) and check out FAI Record legal lines (7-laps/km) in the 170 foot enclosure, probably with a Sport-Jet.

I'll bring methanol in case we have to mix jet fuel on site (propylene anyone?)

See you there-

Will Stewart

Will & All,

I'll bring the Propylene Oxide so we can all make some noise.  Let's see 1500 miles round trip at 20 mpg equals 75 gallons of gas at $4.10 a gallon equals $307.50 plus 3 nites in cheap motels for $150 equals $457.50 without any car trouble.  Help!  I need a sponsor with ( much ) deeper pockets than Social Security.  It will be about triple that for the trip to the Nats.  Ouch!!  Maybe I'll have to rethink going on to DC to see the Smithsonian as that will add probably $6-700 more.

Jim Rhoades

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here