News:

• May 09, 2024, 02:25:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Speed Projects/ JET/Aspeed/B-Speed old + new.  (Read 1014 times)

Offline dankar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Speed Projects/ JET/Aspeed/B-Speed old + new.
« on: March 15, 2008, 06:56:44 PM »
Process of making up two sport jet kits.  Got a killer older ST G-.15 for a vintage A-speed ship and last B-Speed Wagon. These are for me and just for the hey of it. I sold my last sport jet to a guy who claimed really wanted to fly it. Guess what ?????? Found it on ebay several months later. I was pretty mad that I sold it to a guy who probably had no intent to fly.  I recieved a brandy new Dyna-Jet with all the fixens and will make this Jet for flying by me.
Dan

Offline Joey Mathison 9806

• Captain
Re: Speed Projects/ JET/Aspeed/B-Speed old + new.
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 08:06:41 PM »
welcome to the dark side dan once the sound of a jet infiltrates your dna the change will start and you will no longer look at a flat black top with out think about poping off a fast jet flight. y1
200 mph man ama#9806 joey mathison

Offline jetbill40

• The fast one
  • Ensign
    • jetbill products
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 08:04:20 PM »
Its very addicting and the darkside is the place to be.  JB
William Capinjola

Offline Robert Bolton

• Lieutenant
    • Noclass Mac
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 07:46:36 PM »
Personally I find the warm glow and heat from the tail quite enlightening especially at midnight  n~

Robert

Offline dankar

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 05:29:14 AM »
Nothing quite like firing a Jet. Its rude its crude but its GREAT !!
Dan

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 07:01:55 AM »
Does a jet pull that hard?  In all my years of model airplanes I have never flown one.  DOC Holliday

PS:Dan, I like the looks of the B-Team Racer I got from you.  Haven't looked at the engine yet, but, would a BTR make a good proto ship? jeh
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Jim Rhoades

• Commander
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 09:47:25 AM »
Does a jet pull that hard?  In all my years of model airplanes I have never flown one.  DOC Holliday

PS:Dan, I like the looks of the B-Team Racer I got from you.  Haven't looked at the engine yet, but, would a BTR make a good proto ship? jeh

DOC,

Like any other C/L model the pull is dependent on speed, weight and yaw.  A fast heavy jet that yaws out will pull like crazy.  A Sport Jet that weighs under 2 lbs and flys the circle has a easy to handle pull of maybe 35 -40 pounds.  Will Stewart's heavy asymetrical SJ must yaw out as it feels like it pulls about 70 or 80 lbs.  It makes my arm hurt.  A fairly light Fast Jet like Lenny Waltemath's record holder at about 34 oz will pull probably 90 lbs at 200 mph.  Don't even think about a heavy one.  D Speed ships are worse as they typically weigh considerably more.  One of these near max weight may well pull over 110 lbs.  Well out of my range.  Pull tests in the 150 lb+ range require a big strong pilot.

Build a Sport Jet.  The lap times are the lowest of all speed classes except A&B electric.  Keep it under 32 oz and you'll do just fine.  Dave Cotton's SJ's are in the 28 oz range and lighter.  Make some real noise!  You'll love it.

A B TR could well be used for 21 Proto with an engine change.  It would probably be on the heavy side, maybe even over the max, due to ruggedness required for pitting.  This would slow it down a bit but at least you could have a ship to fly.

Jim Rhoades

Offline dankar

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2008, 04:23:34 PM »
Come on Doc, you have to try a sport Jet. Jim has given good advice. Hey how about sport Jet team race??? Can you just imagine the noise??
Dan

Offline don Burke

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2008, 06:48:47 PM »
I have fun thinking about the pit stops!
don Burke AMA 843
Menifee, CA

Offline dankar

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2008, 04:25:03 PM »
Hey Don,
Give new meaning to hot glove!!
Dan

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here