News:

• May 09, 2024, 09:35:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Simple things  (Read 558 times)

Offline Robert Bolton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
    • Noclass Mac
Simple things
« on: June 08, 2008, 05:39:24 PM »
Ever been out to the flying site and the most basic of planes bring the most pleasure?? This is what we found in the weekend with a nice simple monoline trainer. We had test flown my new sportjet and tested the new fastjet  but the monoline trainer was by far the most fun. Andrew Robinson who has had very minimal monoline flying had 10 flights and I had about 4. All this was done in the cold rain by the way.

Its a all Basswood plane has a ASP15 up front mounted with combat bearers. And flown on 35ft lines. I will make up a set of 25 ft lines to practice the rotation speed..

Looking forward to meeting everybody at the Nats ( Not long to go now)

Robert Bolton

Offline Jim Rhoades

• Commander
Re: Simple things
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 02:13:05 PM »
Robert,

I just might do the same thing this evening.  A friend of mine is getting seriously into speed lately and has put together a 1/2A monoline trainer.  Hopefully the winds will subside and we can get him some monoline time in today.  When he gets the hang of it we'll shorten up the line to get him up to speed rotation wise.

I'll see you guys at the Nats.  If I remember correctly you said you had some pulse jet big foot valves made up some time back.  How did they work out?  If you have them for sale why not bring them to the Nats.  Hope to make some noise with you guys from down under.

Jim Rhoades

Offline Lyle Spiegel

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 04:51:06 AM »
Mention of a monoline  trainer perked my interest- any details or plans available? I already have an aluminum handle grip / twist unit.
Lyle Spiegel AMA 19775

Offline Robert Bolton

• Lieutenant
    • Noclass Mac
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 06:01:23 AM »
Jim Thanks for the reply. To answer your question yes I had some bigfoot valves and standard valves waterjet cut. So far they are working really well. Not sure If I will get any more done as its a finacial thing. Will bring some to the nats for you to look at  H^^ 
I am arriving at Patricks on the 9th and rocking up to the nats with him, We are hoping to do a test session in Texas before we get to Muncie. Its sure going to be a blast. Brendan Robinson arrives on the 4th of july and will do a few train trips before going to Muncie.. Andrew and Meg Robinson will arrive on the 14th I think. Sure going to be great talking speed and Life with everybody..

Lyle The Trainer sort of came together. I drew out a wing which I thought was big enough made a basic fuse mounted the tailplane ( screwed it together) and got the placement for the wing. All done in a nite and a coat of paint later it was ready to fly..  Had to wait a few weeks before we could go flying though due to work... When I get around to it I will post a picture. Its a very very basic plane designed for training purposes so hitting the ground was one of them  >:D

Robert

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here