News:

• April 27, 2024, 02:03:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Nelson plugs  (Read 670 times)

Online bob whitney

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Nelson plugs
« on: October 18, 2023, 08:36:16 PM »
how can u tell the difference between nelson hot and cold glo plugs
rad racer

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Nelson plugs
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2023, 10:31:02 PM »
  Basically, Bob, I really doubt there is a difference. See my reply to your post in the main forum. I contacted a company called Aero Engines that sells and services Nelson engines and they show only one Nelson HD plug. the reply that I got from them and have posted posted in the other reply is the most I have been able to find out about them. Some guy is selling Nelson and "Italian Nelson" plugs on eBay and the ones he is calling "hot' have a notch on the hex like I was told by Aero Engines that denotes a HD plug. The Italian versions have a smooth hex and look like the old Standard Nelson plug. If you find out anything else, post it here, please.
  Type at you later,   
  Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2023, 09:03:19 AM »
Read the other post> S?P D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Bill Hughes

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2023, 02:08:51 PM »
Hi Bob,

Why don't you ask Henry?   I always thought that the difference on the one piece Nelson plugs was the size of the hole/cavity were the wire coil sat.  The other post were they talk about the notch in the Hex denote the HD seal If I recall.   With the two piece globee type, Henry offered like 3 different filament diameters.  Blue/Clear .007" Green .010" and Black .012 I think. Henry would be the best person to ask.

With the Italian TCA plugs (Blue Line),  they offer different filament diameters, which give you a heat range.  Smaller dia wire, 0,19 mm smallest, hotest to 0,29 mm coldest.  You can get them in standard spring coil filament and flat coil (glowbee) type filaments. 

My Company; B&L Hobby Supplies, Inc imports the TCA brand Glow Plugs.   please contact me at  williamhughes4@att.net if you are interested.
Bill
« Last Edit: October 22, 2023, 03:45:45 AM by Bill Hughes »

Offline BillLee

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2023, 06:40:22 PM »
Hi Bob,

Why don't you ask Henry?   I always thought that the difference on the one piece Nelson plugs was the size of the hole/cavity were the wire coil sat.  The other post were they talk about the notch in the Hex denote the HD seal If I recall.   With the two piece globee type, Henry offered like 3 different filament diameters.  Blue/Clear .007" Green .010" and Black .012 I think. Henry would be the best person to ask.

With the Italian TCA plugs (Blue Line),  they offer different filament diameters, which give you a heat range.  Smaller dia wire, 0,19 mm smallest, hotest to 0,29 mm coldest.  You can get them in standard spring coil filament and flat coil (glowbee) type filaments. 

Bill

What Bill failed to say was that he is a U.S. source for the TCA plugs. He also didn't mention that they also make various heat ranges of Turbo plugs in addition to the Nelson form. All available from him.

Maybe he might add his address.
Bill Lee
AMA 20018

Offline david smith

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2023, 08:13:16 PM »
The regular nelson plug has the hole just bigger than the coil and the other one (that works better with higher nitro and throttling) has a significantly larger hole. I will try to see if I have any to take a pic of tomorrow.
David

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here