News:

• April 27, 2024, 12:10:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mousetrap Dolly  (Read 1108 times)

Offline Bob Zambelli

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Mousetrap Dolly
« on: June 06, 2007, 12:09:50 PM »
In 2008, I plan to build a speed plane, probably a Hell Razor, for my new Yellow Jacket engine.

The plane will be flown at the 2008 Brodak Fly-In.

I will build a mousetrap dolly for it.

Anyone know where I can get info on building a dolly?

Or, if someone has one that I could borrow and copy, that would be great.

Bob Z.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 10:34:35 AM by Bob Zambelli »

Offline Scott Jenkins

• Commander
Re: Mousetrap Dolly
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 07:03:31 AM »
Here is a old method that will get you going to start with and give you an idea as how to build an all wire dolly.

Scott
Scott Jenkins
AMA 43122
FAI F2C VOLUME 2 SECTION 4, 4.3.7
m) During the refuelling and the restart of the motor, and until the time when he releases the model aircraft, the mechanic must keep the model aircraft in contact with the ground by at least one point and with the centre line outside the flight circle. During that time the pilot must be crouching or sitting inside the centre circle. He keeps one hand on the ground and his handle and his lines as close to the ground as defined by the F2C panel of judges until the model aircraft starts again.

Offline Bob Zambelli

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 09:41:14 AM »
To Scott and Bob - thank you so much for the info and pictures - it will really help.

Bob Z.

Offline Scott Jenkins

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 01:21:40 PM »
Bob,

Errrr, get a grip man I think you just thanked yourself  %^@

Scott
Scott Jenkins
AMA 43122
FAI F2C VOLUME 2 SECTION 4, 4.3.7
m) During the refuelling and the restart of the motor, and until the time when he releases the model aircraft, the mechanic must keep the model aircraft in contact with the ground by at least one point and with the centre line outside the flight circle. During that time the pilot must be crouching or sitting inside the centre circle. He keeps one hand on the ground and his handle and his lines as close to the ground as defined by the F2C panel of judges until the model aircraft starts again.

Offline Sonny Williams

• Lieutenant
  • Control line builder and flyer since 1946.
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 07:03:08 AM »
Bob,  Which would you rather have?  I can send you plans or a dolly to copy.  Just give me your mailing address. Sonny

Offline Bob Zambelli

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 07:38:18 AM »
Hi, Scott - I was thanking another Bob who sent me some info by private e-mail.

Sonny - just plans would be fine - I can copy them and send them back.
I will, of course, reimburse you for any mailing cost.

Thanks again!!!

You fellows are bringing back some great memories of how helpful the speed flyers were where I learned to fly, in Tonawanda, NY.

Bob Z.

Bob Zambelli
559 Mininger Rd
Souderton, PA, 18964

Offline Sonny Williams

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007, 09:21:14 AM »
Bob,  Plans will be on the way at least by tomorrow. No need to return as I will be sending you copy. Why don't you take a little time off from precision aerobatics and join us in the speed circle? Regards, Sonny

Offline Bob Zambelli

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2007, 01:16:34 PM »
Hi, Sonny - Thanks for the offer. I would love to do some speed (ooops - bad choice of words!)

I still have a few old speed planes that were given to me in the 60s, two "B" ships, one proto and a 50s rat.

Where do you fly?

Bob Z.

Regarding stunt, I'm really more of a sport flyer but I'm willing to try most any avent.

Offline Joey Mathison 9806

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2007, 03:49:56 PM »
speed contests are held in whitter narrows,merced,napa ca. several in oregon,texas,ohio,st louis,muncie,fla. denver co. there is a little over 20 contest per year i believe in an earler post here called the top ten speeds of 2006 i listed were they were done. and yes we are a friendly bunch of folks i have to be that is the way i was raised. #^
200 mph man ama#9806 joey mathison

Offline Sonny Williams

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2007, 04:20:01 PM »
Bob, You're most welcome. The dolly plans are on the way to you with all the dimensions and diagram and a picture of one. Sure would welcome you to join in on the fun. I fly down in Huntersville with the Metrolina Control Line Society "Carolina Gang". I met you at BRODAK a couple years ago if you remember. I was away from model aviation for well over 40 years and returned to the sport several years ago via RC and then PAMPA, but had a burning to return to speed. Have been at it for a couple years now and about to catch up. Looking forward to the Nats. Would love to see you there. You could fly that "HELL RAZOR" in Vintage Speed. Check it out.  Regards, Sonny

Offline Bob Zambelli

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2007, 10:47:30 AM »
Hi, Sonny - I received the plans and they are EXACTLY what I need. Thank you!   #^ #^ #^

After hearing more about vintage speed, I now have the incentive to build a few planes.

Over the years, I've found some new (old) speed engines that should be perfect for vintage.  y1 y1

A Dooling .29, McCoy .19 and .29, the McCoys are both rear intake Red Heads. They will all be properly broken in and put into the correct planes.

I also have (somewhere) a Dizzy Bee (Fox .29X) and a Kansas Twister (ST G-21 .29), both ready to go.

Are there any general information sources for old time speed equipment and rules?

In the near future, I will be retiring to Manning, South Carolina which will put me about three hours from Huntersville. You'll see me there.

Bob Z.

Offline Thomas Wilk

• Commander
    • Tom Wilk's old mag plans on CD
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2007, 06:05:45 PM »
Bob;

Send me your email address and i'll send the vintage Speed rules that will be used at the Nat's this year.  they were the British rules that we modified for the US.  we moved the cut-off date to 1964 to allow more engines and planes.  if you will be at the nat's - look for us at the speed circles.  look for the sun shades with the flags and a Gee Bee wind vane.  i'm building a 1946 Buzz powered by an O&R 60 ignition.

Tom Wilk
tawilk36@cpinternet.com 

Offline Sonny Williams

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2007, 07:47:19 PM »
Bob,  Heard you were building a home and moving to Manning SC.  That's great news for
"The Carolina Gang" and we will look forward to seeing you at our beautiful flying site in Huntersville. Sonny

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here