News:

• May 02, 2024, 09:33:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: laps before the timing starts  (Read 517 times)

Offline Joey Mathison 9806

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
laps before the timing starts
« on: July 24, 2009, 06:02:16 PM »
this is due to a rule change, the jet fuel is 80/20 meth- prop ox. the proposal is for 80/20 meth-nitro. you will need to run bigger metering jets and you will get less laps.   
200 mph man ama#9806 joey mathison

Offline Double Deuce

• Lieutenant
Re: laps before the timing starts
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 06:34:30 PM »
Have no real opinion on this, though I will say the 3 laps are a minimum value and the timers can start pretty much when they decide to after those minimum laps. So, will a change to two guarantee anything?

How does one find out these proposals are in? Checked the listings on the AMA site(?) and saw nothing applicable to a fuel change. Or is this another one of those mystery rule changes like the change in 21 Proto pull test? Or is another examploe of a mistake in the rule book not being corrected and magically becoming the rule?

DD

Offline Joey Mathison 9806

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 08:49:18 PM »
D D it has just been given to the ama due to prop being so hard to get. the guys in new zeland are running this mix now. if we go to this we will need about a 1oz. larger jet tank to complete the nominal 1/2 mile. i was thinking that changing to 2 lap min. would help a little. i want to here what the negatives would be on going to a two lap minimum and keep in mind that you will still have the option to tell the c/d that you would like more than two laps. if you fly jet and you are close on laps mw~ with the new mix you are going to be short on laps HB~> many will build new jets, some will butcher there old jets and stuff in a bigger tank. the only guarantee i can give you is that a speed will still be fun to fly with pants or with out pants. SH^
200 mph man ama#9806 joey mathison

Offline Bill Hughes

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 05:51:35 AM »
H Joey
As far as I know, there has not been a official rule proposal filed yet to change the Jet Fuel. Patrick Hemple has passed around the draft to the current Jet flyers for there opinion. I feel that it should change.

As far as changing the number of Laps before the timers start the Stop Watches, it makes no difference to me. Most of the Jet Guys here ask for the timing to be started later, like 4-5 laps. I'm not sure what affect a fuel change will have on my Jet,s fuel milelage.

As for Pull Test changing.....in the Post by Luke Roy...the .21 proto pulltest did not change. It was the class A speed pull test that changed. The pull test rule change proceedure happens whenever the max. expected  load on the wire exceeds the limits set down by our fore fathers who wrote that rule (as well as many others in the rule book that we have to deal with these days). Also, with the conversion to an online rule book there has been many typo's as Luke  states. We are cleaning them up as fast as they are found.
He is welcome to send any of them to me at: williamhughes4@comcast.net   and I will atempt to get them
corrected. The AMA is real slow....which I do not understand...The manager of the rule book can make a change to the master file very easily once given approval from there supervisor. So, I do not see what takes so long for some simple things to happen.

Regards, Bill

Offline Double Deuce

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 10:25:04 AM »
Stand back, Billy, the list is on the way.

Just remember, you made the offer.

Luke

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here