News:

• May 03, 2024, 05:45:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Jets = Hot Hot Hot  (Read 815 times)

Offline Robert Bolton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
    • Noclass Mac
Jets = Hot Hot Hot
« on: February 08, 2007, 05:24:51 PM »
Just a quick note a certain Jet flier who is coming down too NZ shortly. Weather is currently 27-32 degrees C and a burn time of 8 minutes so remember your  sun block of a factor 6000

Robert

Offline Patrick Hempel

• Lieutenant
  • Genes Jet
    • DMAA web site
Re: Jets = Hot Hot Hot
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 10:39:47 AM »
Hello, Robert,
I am ready for some warm weather, it is cold here!
I can’t wait to see your new fast jet model fly. Mr. Hart told me about it.
See yawl next week…
Patrick
Patrick Hempel

Offline Steve Wilk

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 03:38:12 PM »
What do you mean by cold????? :'( :'( 33 above.  Our high today 15 above and the low was -5 and today is one of the warmer day this week. LL~ y1

From not quite the edge of earth, but we can see it from here. LL~

Steve

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 04:05:13 PM »
Hey Steve, you could have kept them temp up there.  It has been single digits here in KC too long.  Morning crossing duty in minus 0 temps and afternoon in the low teens.  This aint counting the wind chill.  Should be well prepared for the Ice-O-Lated.  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Steve Wilk

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 05:06:06 PM »
When ever it is above 0, we considerthat a warm day.  But we have it good.  Billy got in with 2 feet of snow in Chicago this week and cold.

Steve 

Offline Robert Bolton

• Lieutenant
    • Noclass Mac
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007, 05:16:24 PM »
Hi Patrick yes I have a new model and will hopefully have a test this weekend. I Hope it will fly as well as they are meant too then I will work my way up from there.. Havent flown  monoline model for ages so it will be fun. I have a test engine on it so hopefully will only do 150 mph+ but one can never tell.

Thank goodness the temp has come down a bit. It might not be the hottest temps in the world but with no ozone for protection it certainly bites.

Robert

ps: Ive got too do something too beat Andrew's Sport model  8)

Offline Jim Rhoades

• Commander
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2007, 10:00:28 AM »
Robert,

When Patrick gets down there say hello to him for me.  I envy him making the trip down to fly with you guys.  I'd love to do the same but I blew my wad last year spending 2 months in Europe.  This made me miss the Nats too.  I'd like to have given Andrew some competition there in Sport Jet.

Some year it will be hopefully warm enough on New Years Eve to run a Jet at midnight like you guys do.  Very unlikely to be able to fly at midnight like you guys do but I'd still like to make some good noise.  Temps like -10c kinda make me want to stay inside in a warm bed.

You guys go and make a lot of noise. 

Jim Rhoades

Offline Robert Bolton

• Lieutenant
    • Noclass Mac
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2007, 12:01:18 PM »
Hi Jim I have passed on your regards to Pat and the team down here. We had a test sestion yesterday which I test flew my Blue thunder Model. For somebody that had never flown Monoline in a pylon before and the last time I flew a trainer was when I was 18 it was a bit nerve racking. But the model flew dead straight and once I got in the grove ( body wise) it was a piece of cake. On my 2nd flight the model went 0.3 secs inder the NZ record so I was rather happy! So roll on sunday for the comp. And hopefully I can nudge Patrick along  8)

Robert

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here