News:

• May 03, 2024, 09:05:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Henry Nelson Engines  (Read 1810 times)

Offline L0U CRANE

• AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Henry Nelson Engines
« on: July 11, 2009, 06:14:15 PM »
Joey M.:

Came across some info on the availability of Nelson Engines...on the Barton UK site.

http://www.controlline.org.uk/phpBB2/index.php

I'll also pass this to Paul Smith at the combat forum...

(edit - misspelled link...)

\BEST\LOU

Offline eric conley

• 2018 Supporter
  • Commander
Re: Henry Nelson Engines
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 09:53:10 PM »
     I dont seem to be able to find any information about the Nelson engines on the Barton sight? Could you tell me the subject it is under?  Eric

Offline Robert McHam

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 10:58:50 PM »
I did not find it either but I am not as smart as some. I need more help navigating the site or do I need ro join the forum?

Robert
Crop circles are simply open invitations to fly C/L!

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 01:08:02 PM »
Go to general section, then look for Henry Nelson.  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline don Burke

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 04:08:47 PM »
Here's the text:

"Retirement- Cliffs Notes Version:

Production of complete N40 Q500 and N40 QM40 engines will stop this month. Spares will continue to be available.

The Complete Story:

Nearly 2 years ago, it was announced that my associate Neil Lickfold and his family would be leaving to return to New Zealand. The actual date was still to be determined. At that time I decided to buy a double-plus order of N40 side exhaust crankcase castings, and those engines then would be the last production. As it happens, Neil is leaving in June and the crankcases are nearly gone. I have only a handful of engines remaining.

Spare parts to keep existing engines running are in plentiful supply and I will continue to build parts as long as there is demand. There are also parts available to convert short stroke engines to long stroke.

I still have spare parts, and continue to rebuild N15 diesels that I built 30 years ago. I think 30 years from here is unlikely, but no one should feel abandoned.

Production of glow plugs, N15 glow and diesel engines, rear exhaust 40 and 45 engines will remain unchanged.

I had 2 key employees leave suddenly in 2000 but I was lucky that Neil was available to come, learn and make significant contributions. However, I am not starting that process again. It’s time to reduce the workload to what I can handle myself. It’s kind of a return to how I started the business 35 years ago.

To all of you who have supported me these past years, THANK YOU.

Henry Nelson
Nelson Competition Engines"
don Burke AMA 843
Menifee, CA

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here