News:

• April 26, 2024, 11:44:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Gordon (Coach) Kent  (Read 482 times)

Offline Thomas Wilk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
    • Tom Wilk's old mag plans on CD
Gordon (Coach) Kent
« on: July 17, 2007, 07:54:02 AM »

It is with great sadness that I tell you all this. Coach Kent was killed at 2:30 this morning hit head on by a drunk driver on I95 in S.Carolina. Butch Andrews still remains in the hospital and is recovering.....  JET BILL   

To all: Butch has been released from the hospital and is on his way to Florida where he going to meet with Coach's Sons and Sister inlaw. I will know more tomorrow. Yes Bobby.. Coach was a very good man.   JET BILL
Thanks Bill for posting.  Butch will let me know all the arrangements and I will post. We all have lost a great friend in model aviation. Just a side note, Butch's doggie "Chewey" made it and is with Butch. Many of the guys know of Butch's situation so it would be well for all of us to keep him in our prayers as well as Coach's family. Sonny

Offline Patrick Hempel

• Lieutenant
  • Genes Jet
    • DMAA web site
Re: Gordon (Coach) Kent
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 09:21:06 AM »
Coach, was a True Gentleman a very fun person to be around.

While at the Florida Contest this year an announcement was made asking if someone (a Modeler) would volunteer some time to show the boy scouts about the speed models, (Coach) was the first to raise his hand and took time out of his day to show the scouts how the speed models were built and work. (What a Coach he was)!

Talking to Coach at the Nats about the picture I took of him, I noted that he had beaten me in fast jet, so I gave him the broken peddle award. He places it on his head, how fun he was to be around.

I like this picture and wanted to post it again remembering the good times with Coach.
I will miss Coach.

Patrick
Patrick Hempel

Offline Joey Mathison 9806

• Captain
Re: Gordon (Coach) Kent
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 06:41:51 PM »
we will all miss him coach was a great man
200 mph man ama#9806 joey mathison

Advertise Here
Tags: