News:

• April 27, 2024, 12:49:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Blackhawk Perky  (Read 1394 times)

Offline Thomas Wilk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
    • Tom Wilk's old mag plans on CD
Blackhawk Perky
« on: September 14, 2008, 06:13:04 PM »
a fellow modeler started a Perky from a blackhawk kit and stopped building when he realised that there were no speed contests anywhere near here.  this fellow does beautiful work.  all bit and pieces from the kit are still in the box.  also a new Fox .15.  the fox was bench run to start the breakin - about 8oz of 10% nitro - 25% oil fuel.  $65.00 + postage will take it all.  the kit is No. 025.

Photos available.

Tom Wilk
tawilk36@cpinternet.com

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
Re: Blackhawk Perky
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 08:01:48 PM »
        The postal contest will be going on next year again. Entries are from January to July.
Larry
Black Hawk Models

Offline Bill Hughes

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 03:32:00 AM »
Larry,
Do you plan on doing the same for the Phantom Model too? And if so, what will the rules be? I took partin a postal event for the Phantom many years ago. They used a .09 diesel engine for this event.
Bill Hughes

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 06:07:28 AM »
Bill,
         My best guess is that we will have a similar contest for the Phantom. I have not worked out the rules yet but I did get some suggestions from Europe where they are racing Phantoms now. I still have not been able to get the trophies out from the Perky contest. We had some money problems but they are clearing up now. All contest start in January and run to July, this is a time when I have some free time to work on them.
         I was surprised that the Phantom was not as popular as the Perky is and sales here in the US is slow. About 80% of the Phantom kits are going to overseas markets.
Larry

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 06:20:09 AM »
a fellow modeler started a Perky from a blackhawk kit and stopped building when he realised that there were no speed contests anywhere near here.  this fellow does beautiful work.  all bit and pieces from the kit are still in the box.  also a new Fox .15.  the fox was bench run to start the breakin - about 8oz of 10% nitro - 25% oil fuel.  $65.00 + postage will take it all.  the kit is No. 025.

Photos available.

Tom Wilk
tawilk36@cpinternet.com

Around here, if even one person with a plane wants to add an event to a contest, we'll add it for him. 
Generally, somebody else figures out a way to enter & give him a run for it.
Paul Smith

Offline rustler

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 02:29:35 PM »
The Phantom and Phantom Mite are two of the greatest classic Brit. c/l designs. Kitted by Keil Kraft, and trainer type, modelled "Spitfirish" soon after WWII. They introduced innumerable Brit and Brit speaking modellers to c/l. I'm sure if a Phantom postal contest is run, all folks here would need to do is send in their best results achieved in the required time period at contests over here.
Ian Russell.
[I can remember the schedule o.k., the problem is remembering what was the last manoeuvre I just flew!].

Offline Thomas Wilk

• Commander
    • Tom Wilk's old mag plans on CD
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 07:47:05 AM »
The Perky is claimed pending the transfer of funds.

Thanks

Tom Wilk

Advertise Here
Tags: for sale 

Advertise Here