News:

• April 27, 2024, 08:51:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Annual Perky Patchup - ready for May 16 at Rouge...  (Read 636 times)

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Annual Perky Patchup - ready for May 16 at Rouge...
« on: March 04, 2009, 12:24:50 PM »
Last May I had a bad Perky crash at the contest at Rouge Park in Detroit.  But after a couple weeks work it's ready for another moto this spring.

We start out with last year's model, then the wreckage, and progress to the rehab product...

The wing is orange silk with Brodak dope, the top is carbon veil, and bottom is silver exopy.
Paul Smith

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Annual Perky Patchup - ready for May 16 at Rouge...
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 12:30:44 PM »
OK, done !  17 ounces all in. 

The only work left is a set of .014" solid lines, with a heavier pull test than last year.....

Bring out your Perky's - Rouge Park - Detroit - be there Aloha.   This not a beauty contest and average does not win (unless there's only one entry). 
Paul Smith

Offline David Shad

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 08:30:29 AM »
Prettier than the first one.  Hope mine is as nice...Found a Nelson .15 at our recent SMS here for a great price...now to tie it all up into one bundle and find some concrete to fly it off of...and someone nuts enough to launch it.  PM'ed
you with some other questions...hope you don't mind.
Big Dave AMA 80235

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 06:46:05 AM »
I got going pretty well --- competed in three contests, Detroit, Brodak, and The Nats.

It was the fastest in Detroit, but my only prop on takeoff and not a memorable speed.
Brodak had an 8-MPH lid on speed.  I did 83 and 78, so the 78 was my speed, fastest overall and next-closest to averge.

I got going 97.1 at The Nats.  My best ever.  However, this only got me 5th place, behind four others who topped 103, including Dave Wallack with his F2C diesel-powered Perky topping 108 MPH.
Paul Smith

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here