News:

• May 06, 2024, 03:13:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AMA to Discourage Junior & Senior Contestants at NATS  (Read 471 times)

Offline speedtimes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
AMA to Discourage Junior & Senior Contestants at NATS
« on: March 29, 2008, 09:11:11 PM »
Please take a look at your recent Model Aviation Magazine on page 167.  The specific item is Motion III .  If I read this correctly it means that any Junior or Senior contestant at the Nationals will NOT receive a trophy for First, Second, or Third.  It is worded in the typical Politicians B.S. of a motion to Award a Trophy for 1st , 2nd, and 3rd Place finish.  The Motion was DEFEATED by your Executive Council at the January 26 Meeting.
This was all discussed at the fall Nationals meeting with everyone present being told that the only change would be in how the number of awards would be figured. Notice there is no mention of a replacement award of any kind.
Please take the time to let your District V.P. know if you like or DISLIKE this change.

Dave Mark

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: AMA to Discourage Junior & Senior Contestants at NATS
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 07:45:47 AM »
I too think any Junior or Senior that shows up at the NATS to compete should get an award for a placing in their age bracket even if its just one or a dozen, each an every one should get an award of some kind.  Seems the old men don't want the future of our sport/hobby to grow.  I can still see the look on JJ's face when only first in Jr/Sr was awarded.  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: AMA to Discourage Junior & Senior Contestants at NATS
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 01:27:49 PM »
I just talked to the new Tech Director, Greg Hahn.

He says current policy is to give 1st, 2nd, and 3rd awards in all J, S, and JS events, regardless of the number of entries.

Perhaps this was a false alarm or an  April Fool's posting.
Paul Smith

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here