News:

• May 02, 2024, 07:39:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2nd (FINAL) USA F2A Team Raffle  (Read 972 times)

Offline Buz Johnson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
2nd (FINAL) USA F2A Team Raffle
« on: December 21, 2009, 05:34:21 AM »
THE RAFFLE
2010 USA F2A World Team (final) Raffle #2
For A John Newton 21 SS “Newtron Bomb”

John Newton is building and donating one of his 21 SS “Newtron Bombs” to be raffled off for the benefit of the 2010 USA F2A Team. In addition to this fine airplane, the raffle package will include a Dave Mark Speed Handle, lines from Mel Schuette of MBS Model Supply, Props from Mike Hazel of ZZ Props, and props from Steve Wilk of Eliminator Props. All-in-all, a very nice package for some lucky Speed Flyer … But you can’t win without a ticket! Here’s how to get yours;

This raffle will be done a little different from the last one.
Here’s how it will work:

1.  No set number of tickets. Tickets will be sold through the spring of 2010.
Drawing will probably be held at the Florida contest (April) or the St. Louis contest (May).

2.  Tickets via Check or Money Order:
   1 for $20, 2 for $40, 3 for $50 and 7 for $100
All funds need to go through me in order to issue tickets and keep the accounting straight. I then coordinate and account for all funds with Barry Tippett.
Please send Check or Money Order payable to Buz Johnson or NASS F2A Support to:

Buz Johnson
328 Hoofbeat Trail
Kennesaw, GA 30144

3. Tickets via PayPal:
   1 for $22, 2 for $42, 3 for $53 and 7 for $105
For PayPal, Google “PayPal”, select “Send Money”, enter my email address,
buz@nass436.com, and follow the rest of the instructions. If you have any trouble with this, ask you kids or grandkids for help!!

The 2010 F2A World Championship competition is a very expensive undertaking for those fast enough to make the team. The AMA funding and the money we raise is just a portion of the total cost of the WC. Please help our team by buying a ticket or tickets. It’s a great way for you to be part of our Team and show your support.

Special Thanks to John Newton for his dedication to the Speed Community and his gracious donation.
 Thanks also to Dave Mark, Steve Wilk, Mike Hazel and Mel Schuette for their donations, and thanks in advance to all who will purchase tickets.

Buz Johnson

Offline Buz Johnson

• New Pilot
Re: 2nd (FINAL) USA F2A Team Raffle
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 04:36:26 PM »
Hey Gang ...

We need to hear from more of you out there!!

If each NASS Member would buy just ONE ticket for this raffle, it would be a real boost for our team effort. John Newton is going to a great deal of work to provide an excellent prize for the winner of the raffle, not to mention the other people donating lines, props, and a speed handle.

Please, let's see some activity out there!! I know many cannot or do not fly, but you can be a part of the 2010 USA F2A Team by buying a ticket and letting our flyers know you're behind them. As with the last raffle, ALL the money goes to the Team except the PayPal fee.

Thanks,

buz

Offline Buz Johnson

• New Pilot
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 04:52:39 PM »
Oh Come On People!!!

75 views and no tickets sold?? Let's see some acitvity out there!
Mail me a check, send me a Money Order, PayPal the money to me,
but please send it. The Team needs our support, please help make
this effort a success.

Thanks,
buz

Offline Buz Johnson

• New Pilot
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 02:06:41 PM »
Come on folks ... let's see some activity on ticket sales!! I think Toyotas are selling better right now than what we're getting in ticket sales in support of the 2010 USA F2A Team. John Newton has the plane finished, and the ideal scenerio would be to draw a winner at the Florida or St.Louis contest.

Squeese out a few bucks before tax time and buy a (some) ticket (s)!!!

Thanks, buz

Offline Buz Johnson

• New Pilot
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 06:56:57 PM »
Hello Everyone,

Thanks to Carl, Howard, and Glen for their recent ticket purchases! We are now at 53 tickets sold for a total of $800.00 going straight to NASS for our F2A Team!

Let's keep the momentum going folks. Some lucky winner will be able to put the "Newtron Bomb" in the air before the NATS. Remember; PayPal, Cash, Check or Money Order will get you a chance to win this fine airplane along with Lines from Mel Schuette, a Speed Handle from Dave Mark, and Props from Steve Wilk and Mike Hazel. All-in-all, a very nice package to be had by someone.

Thanks to all who bought tickets,

buz

Offline Buz Johnson

• New Pilot
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2010, 07:11:31 PM »
Hello Everyone,

There are now 108 tickets sold for a total of $1600 to date. Target goal is $3000 for Raffle #2 by the June contest in Dayton. Please help make that goal a reality and buy tickets!! This money goes a very long way to help offset the expenses our team members incur. Thank you all for your participation in this effort on behalf of our 2010 USA F2A Team.
buz

Offline Buz Johnson

• New Pilot
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 02:40:33 PM »
Hello all you Speed Flyers!! I will be at the Florida Coach Kent Memorial Speed Contest next week, and I will be selling tickets for the raffle. Even if you don't buy one, come over and say "hello" to me!
Thanks, buz

Offline Buz Johnson

• New Pilot
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2010, 07:29:12 AM »
Hi All,

Well, my lovely wife bought the ticket that brings our total to date for Raffle #2 to $2000.00! The drawing for the Newtron Bomb Package is scheduled for Sunday the 13th of June at the Dayton contest. In addition to the Newtron Bomb provided as an ARF by John Newton, the lucky winner will also receive a set of lines complements of Mel Scheutte of MBS Model Supply, a Custom Speed Handle with line connectors from Dave Mark, and props from Mike Hazel of ZZ Props, and more props from Steve Wilk of Eliminator Props. Don't miss your chance to get in on this super nice package! The top of this thread tells you how.

Thank you John Newton for stepping up to meet the challenge of donating so much time, effort and material to put your great airplane out there for someone to win. Your dedication to the Speed Community is greatly appreciated John. And a great big "Thanks" to Mel Scheutte, Dave Mark, Mike Hazel and Steve Wilk for their donations to help make the 2010 USA F2A Team Raffle a success and round out a very nice package for the lucky winner.

Of course, a raffle goes nowhere without participants! Thank You All who have purchased your tickets for our team, and for those yet to buy tickets. Seeing the dollars roll up and the list of people getting longer has been a real rewarding experience for me, so Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!

buz

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here