News:

• May 13, 2024, 12:56:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Zero on eBay  (Read 1473 times)

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Zero on eBay
« on: January 01, 2011, 07:10:50 PM »
A6M5c ZERO Flying model control line on eBay

Looks like the ZERO did not sell.  I still want it but it's not in the current budjet.  Perhaps if I win the lottery?

LL~   LL~   LL~
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline bill mazzoni

• Ensign
Re: Zero on eBay
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 02:26:48 PM »
I was high bidder on the Zero . No one else bid so it did not meet my highest bid. I am still interested in the plane. All i need is someone from Texas near Dick Byron and can deliver the plane to Brodaks Fly-In this year for me and I will pay $100 . I haven't been to Brodaks in several years but plan on going this year.Any Help?
Thanks,  Bill Mazzoni

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 02:37:36 PM »
I was high bidder on the Zero . No one else bid so it did not meet my highest bid. I am still interested in the plane. All i need is someone from Texas near Dick Byron and can deliver the plane to Brodaks Fly-In this year for me and I will pay $100 . I haven't been to Brodaks in several years but plan on going this year.Any Help?
Thanks,  Bill Mazzoni

hi Bill,

Dick mentioned in a follow up post that the reserve was $400.  Did you bid at least $400?  If not, then, as you know, the Reserve was not met.  Bid $400 when the Reserve price IS $400 and you will win it, regardless.  No "other bidders" are ever needed in a Reserve Price Auction, the only subject of importance is the meeting of the Reserve Price.  I feel sure you know that. ;D

Big Bear
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Dick Byron

• Vendor
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 07:28:27 PM »
Bill,
    I have an idea. How about you getting someone from your area that is going to Tucson in March, pick it up when they return to your area. I assume that is what the $100.00 offer is for, picking it up.

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 09:00:06 PM »
Thanks,  Bill Mazzoni

Bill Did your high bid equal or exceede the $400 minimum?
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 10:34:10 PM »
Bill Did your high bid equal or exceede the $400 minimum?

Somewhere in my ramblings, I kinda sorta implied that same question!  But his bid could not have, or he would now be the owner of the Zero! LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~

Big Bear

Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Offline Dick Byron

• Vendor
  • Captain
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 05:27:14 AM »
There was no bid at or over $400.00. Here is what I would ask whomever wants this needs to confirm their intentions, pay for it and get it picked up. I just cant package it, it is to large. H^^

Offline bill mazzoni

• Ensign
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 11:04:13 AM »
Dick,
I bid just under $400 becuse I had no way of traveling to Texas and didn't want to committ myself without having a way to take delivery of plane.
I will try and find someone that's going to Tucson from my area to bring  plane back.  I'll give Bob Hunt a call to see who's going to Tucson from our area.
Can't believe no one else bid on plane!!!!    I have a few item's on ebay right now and will be listing more. Put on 30 Cox 1/2A Speed Pans and some Lionel Trains. (ebay name njsupertigre)
Will be in touch,
Bill Mazzoni

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 12:05:56 PM »
Dick,
I bid just under $400 becuse I had no way of traveling to Texas and didn't want to committ myself without having a way to take delivery of plane.
Bill Mazzoni

That's risky bidness, unless you really WANT the goods.

The seller can waive or reduce his reserve price and leave YOU on the hook.  One reason I steer clear of "reserve auctions".
Paul Smith

Offline bill mazzoni

• Ensign
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2011, 01:53:53 PM »
Some time you have to take chance's, with 100% Positive feedback I must be doing something right. But your right about a reserve price on ebay.
What I do with expensive item's I have on ebay is to put a Buy-It-Now price and put a lower starting price.  With lower price item's I just start at $.99 and take whatever it goes to.  There are a lot of good deals on ebay and also is a good place to sell some of your unwanted item's. Never had a problem yet with over 1000 transactions.
Regards
Bill Mazzoni

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2011, 05:29:47 PM »
Some time you have to take chance's, with 100% Positive feedback I must be doing something right. But your right about a reserve price on ebay.
What I do with expensive item's I have on ebay is to put a Buy-It-Now price and put a lower starting price.  With lower price item's I just start at $.99 and take whatever it goes to.  There are a lot of good deals on ebay and also is a good place to sell some of your unwanted item's. Never had a problem yet with over 1000 transactions.
Regards
Bill Mazzoni

Ditto - what bill said.  Expensive item I start at the minimum I am willing to take for the item and set the Buy-It-Now price some what higher.  If you get a minimum bid the buy it now price goes away.  Quite often if someone is in a hurry they will pop for the higher price.  I have had my best luck selling used engines. I too have a 100% feed back but I guess I am a new comer - I only have a feed back of 579.  LL~
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2011, 11:41:11 PM »
I have bought from Bill M. in the past, but I didn't know it was him! LOL!!

I'm a newbie, too, my feed back right now is only 1645....... 100% positive, also.  Of course, I am not a "business". ;D  But it's only been 12 years since I joined.......

Big Bear
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Offline Dick Byron

• Vendor
  • Captain
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2011, 10:25:32 AM »
I have decided to realist it starting at 7 pm Jan 16th. No reserve. Local pickup only. $99.99 starting price. It is a 5 day auction. H^^ number is 250758672938
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 06:10:14 PM by Dick Byron »

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2011, 12:07:15 PM »
Post the link here when you get it listed/

~>   #^
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2011, 11:12:21 PM »
To get things started I put in the starting bid.  Hope it goes well for you.  It is a beautiful ship!

~>
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2011, 09:22:00 PM »
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2011, 09:32:23 PM »
Good luck, John!  I think you will end up with the winning bid.

Big Bear
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2011, 05:15:36 AM »
Good luck, John!  I think you will end up with the winning bid.

Big Bear
NO WAY! Just got out bid. I really wasn't serious - but at $100 I would have driven to Texas to get it.

~^   ~^   ~^   D>K
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2011, 10:39:49 AM »
NO WAY! Just got out bid. I really wasn't serious - but at $100 I would have driven to Texas to get it.

~^   ~^   ~^   D>K

Bummer!

The quality of the model is without question, but I would think it would be a limited market.  You might still be able to grab it!

Big bear
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Offline bill bischoff

• Admiral
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2011, 09:53:32 PM »
I was pleased to be the winner of the auction. I live about 50 miles from Dick Byron, so picking the model up is a no-brainer. At this price, I had to have it. I will probably fly it a couple of times just to say that I did, then display it at Mike's Hobby Shop in Carrollton TX where I work. Readers of the carrier section will recognize that I have an affinity for Zero's, and this one is as nice as they come!

Offline Dick Byron

• Vendor
  • Captain
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2011, 06:57:29 AM »
Bill,
    I am so happy you won it. We both remember that you were able to see it at the Decalb contest in 1978. I am glad it will remain locally displayed. I plan to give the Texan to the Frontiers of Flight Museum in Dallas.  #^ H^^ ;D

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here