News:

• May 15, 2024, 02:09:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: words of advice!  (Read 559 times)

Offline Clancy Arnold

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • I am 5 Ft. 8 In., the Taube is 7 Ft. 4 In.
words of advice!
« on: May 15, 2011, 08:36:28 PM »
I found this comment on the RC Universe forum.
Clancy

Arguing with a Scale Judge is like wrestling a pig in the mud - After an hour or so you figure out the pig enjoys it!
Clancy Arnold
Indianapolis, IN   AMA 12560 LM-S
U/Tronics Control
U/Control with electronics added.

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: words of advice!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 11:02:45 PM »
Clancy

Arguing with a Scale Judge is like wrestling a pig in the mud - After an hour or so you figure out the pig enjoys it!

Clancy - You were a scale judge at the 2010 NATS -  did you enjoy it?   LL~   LL~   LL~   LL~   LL~   LL~   LL~   LL~   LL~   LL~   LL~   LL~ 
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline BillLee

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 04:06:37 AM »
Clancy

Clancy, you mis-quoted it! It goes like this:

"Arguing with a Scale Judge is like wrestling a pig: you both end up covered in pig s**t and the pig enjoys it!"

Now, not being a scale flyer, I can't VOUCH for the description, you know...  ~>
Bill Lee
AMA 20018

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 08:15:25 AM »
Clancy - as a scale judge you surly know the wise cracks would fly. I not saying it's time for a Clancy roast - But equating a scale judge to a pig - LETS ROAST THE PIG!!!

Clancy - Just kidding.  The RC scale community does know, or should know that you put in many long hours, all free, to insure that AMA control line scale survives the onslot of time and evolution.  If any one does not believe this look at the number of hours you spent on the last round of rule changes. I for one say THANKS for you dedication to Control Line Scale comunity.

H^^   H^^   H^^   H^^
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 11:10:28 AM by John Rist »
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline Clancy Arnold

• Admiral
  • I am 5 Ft. 8 In., the Taube is 7 Ft. 4 In.
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 02:27:07 PM »
Aw Shucks!
I have Judged at several NATS starting in 1987.  That year as a new Judge I was paired with Dave Platt to static judge RC Scale Sportsman.   That was a learning experience to sit and learn how Dave judges a model.  Guess where he starts looking at a model?  He checks the leading edge of the Rudder to the top of the fuselage.  Dave said that if that intersection or radius is not right the whole model will look wrong.

Another thing I learned that year.  NEVER LIE on your Declaration.  We had an entry that stated "Built from a Dave Platt kit."  Dave said he never kitted that airplane but knew who did and had told the kit maker that it had errors.  Yep it did not meet the documentation.
Clancy
Clancy Arnold
Indianapolis, IN   AMA 12560 LM-S
U/Tronics Control
U/Control with electronics added.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here