News:

• April 26, 2024, 11:51:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: wanted:::  (Read 2484 times)

Offline Randy Snow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
wanted:::
« on: April 01, 2015, 11:08:58 AM »
Does anyone have or know where I can find accurate detailed scale drawings of the Martin MO-1????? Not some general arrangement thing but accurate detailed scale drawings.......

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
Re: wanted:::
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 01:10:51 PM »
Does anyone have or know where I can find accurate detailed scale drawings of the Martin MO-1????? Not some general arrangement thing but accurate detailed scale drawings.......

Randy,

I just gooled to see what the aircraft looked like. There's a bunch of stuff.

This link will get you going.

Good luck!

http://www.airplanesandrockets.com/airplanes/martin-mo-1-plans-aug-1969-AAM.htm
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Fred Cronenwett

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Lafayette Esquadrille
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 04:18:38 PM »
I have one 3-view for the MO-1 and it's no better than the link above. The MO-1 has very little printed matter on the aircraft, you can find lots of info on P-51's but the MO-1 is not very well documented.

Fred
Fred Cronenwett
AMA CLSCALE7 - CL Scale
Model Aviation CL Scale columnist

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 04:28:35 PM »
MO-1: number built: 36.

P-51: number built: "over 15000" (according to Wikipedia).

Now why is there more info available on the P-51???

I'm still waiting for someone in the EAA to take pity on the scale modeling community and build a 6x scale model of an Ugly Stick, complete with fiberglass cowl that looks like a Really Big LA 46, and fly it at least once.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline Randy Snow

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 08:40:02 PM »
It seems that there is nothing as far as any REAL material to use for an MO-1. Photos and one crude general arrangement drawing. And I googled this and found nothing connecting it with any information about operating off Langley. It was evaluated as a float plane as well, for ships of the line and found to heavy for safe ship board use. Regulated for land based use. A scout and observation aircraft.The seaplane division of VF-1 did the evaluation. The seaplane version may have been launched off Langley....?????? And VF-1 may have been the ones who evaluated it for carrier use.....?????? Like the P-51c that was evaluated (( not the -D ....if one does a P- 51 for carrier it should be the -C model not the -D to qualify )) together with the MO-1 qualify for AMA carrier because of being evaluated for use. But that doesn't do a thing if one wants to build this one ugly aircraft detailed.

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 09:47:26 PM »
From, what I have gathered, the US Navy only used it for about three years. It was that bad... D>K

I'm not sure that's entirely fair.  There were a lot of short-lived designs around that time period -- basically, aviation was only 20 years old, and we were still fumbling around for the right formula in just about all possible ways.

How many civilian designs can you name that came out in 1924 and are still flown anywhere but from a museum airstrip?
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline Randy Snow

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2015, 01:50:05 PM »
From it's evaluation it was considered a dog of a plane. It was designed and built-- intended to be a catapult launched, shipboard observation aircraft. Launched off battleships. It's " Intent" was not as a carrier based aircraft but as a  float plane. And here it failed. Found to be to heavy for shipboard use. The Navy tried to find a place for it among it's newly formed carrier squadrons.... but was regulated to land base use. Few built- short life as a front line aircraft- may have been used as a trainer ... maybe. All the photos I can find are those either with floats(( all of which are of the same aircraft)) or on an airfield. Maybe Lockheed Martin?? ... nah.. this is one of those designs that no one, I'm sure, saved anything about it's design work. Over the years no one found this aircraft worthy of producing quality drawings. So more then likely -- I'll need photos and the one general arrangement drawing. But if anyone finds something worth while ..... load it up here or send it to me via e-mail.

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2015, 03:45:13 PM »
Undercambered wing?
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Randy Snow

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2015, 05:44:28 PM »
sport/ standoff scale one can have an airfoil that is suitable for good flying. But still need detail.. such as from the photos it has fabric covered fuselage.. and wings. Would like to know stringer spacing, rib spacing, more information on details. Hell maybe a very ugly stunt ship-LOL- 

Offline Randy Snow

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2015, 07:48:13 AM »
TY..... LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here