News:

• May 01, 2024, 01:50:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Tucson 1/2A Profile Multi Engined Scale event is fun!  (Read 477 times)

Offline Chris McMillin

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • AMA 32529
The Tucson 1/2A Profile Multi Engined Scale event is fun!
« on: April 18, 2010, 04:06:26 PM »
There are a couple of posters on the C/L forums that are either airing their dirty laundry, or posting their opinion upon the Tucson 1/2A Profile Multi Engined Scale contest that might make people think that it is something that it is not.

There are two separate events, one for simple, sheet winged models with no options and one for models that are close to Profile AMA Scale but powered by small engines up to 1CC (061).

There are plenty of people flying in this event with simple models, powered by Cox 049's, and costing very little money. Quite important these days, that is for sure.

I hope anyone reading these forums is not under the impression that it's a requirement that you be a Scale Champion with a complex, throttled, .061 powered model to compete at the best little Scale contest in the west. Fun is what it's all about.
See how ten guys worked all day on one, no several different competitor's models while trying to help them get an official flight.
Be there when children beat up all over retired Champions on their own turf (well, it was close).
Compete for fun, and suprise yourself with a nice flight and the sweet feeling of fellowship.
That's what it is to me. Fun, hangin' with like modelers, flying cool little models in a low key type of competition.

Sincerely,
Chris...

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: The Tucson 1/2A Profile Multi Engined Scale event is fun!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 04:17:27 PM »
Thanks Chris for the reply.  I tried to post/respond to one of the posts about over in the other countries 1/2A goes up to .09 size engines but, I guess the internet wouldn't let me.  Hope to see you again as well as your son.  H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Mike Keville

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 06:53:06 PM »
Thanx, Chris.  Apparently someone hasn't bothered to read our rules.....which have been widely published and are available to anyone who asks: vsc-guy(at)cox(dot)net.

H^^
FORMER member, "Academy of Multi-rotors & ARFs".

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 09:47:30 PM »
 There you go Chris, that's what the contest is all about. Actually, that's what they are all supposed to be about. y1
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here