News:

• May 08, 2024, 11:17:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The MIG-3, A photo shoot!  (Read 1049 times)

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
The MIG-3, A photo shoot!
« on: April 28, 2013, 11:07:02 AM »
Where do you place photos of a model that’s a bit of a Nomad? I’ll say!

I took these photos today because the wife had the dog’s blanket out in the sun drying. Honestly.

Little did she know, she set me up for a perfect area to place my Mig-3 for a quick photo shoot.

I just wanted to get a feel, as to what lies ahead, so I had the thing assembled. Not permanently, but just for the fit.

The model is a rendition of the Mig-3, so my guess was the best place for it was here at Scale Models.

Here’s the photo results. 

As you can see, I have much work ahead of me for finishing, but I’m hoping my efforts, with the model to this point, are well received.

Charles
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
Re: The MIG-3, A photo shoot!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 12:14:10 PM »
now that you have it all together, how much does it weigh
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Will Hinton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • www.authorwillhinton.com
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 01:10:29 PM »
That has some really neat outlines! 
John 5:24   www.fcmodelers.com

Offline Douglas Ames

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 04:09:00 PM »
now that you have it all together, how much does it weigh

Pounds or Ounces?  S?P  n1 Just kidding Charles...

You really should try Conrol-line Scale. You have the talent for it.
AMA 656546

If you do a little bit every day it will get done, or you can do it tomorrow.

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 07:04:48 PM »
Pounds or Ounces?  S?P  n1 Just kidding Charles...

You really should try Conrol-line Scale. "You have the talent for it."

Douglas,

You're going to make me cry, thanks for that.

You'll have to excuse my tears, I'm sure you know I'm not used to compliments like that. Nice of you.  :'(

I do hope you're suggestion isn't because most scale models do have a tad of extra weight?

As a general rule, I don't build heavy for the projects I take on. As a general rule.

The Mig-3 is just a cute look-alike, but far from scale material. Weighs 31oz as you see it above on a PO scale. 32.5 oz on another PO scale. Same PO.  n~

However, this Gee Bee Z, going CL with it eventually, could be a fair scale contender. Do guys enter scale events and bring just one model?

Thanks again for the compliment.

Charles

If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Will Hinton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • www.authorwillhinton.com
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 03:48:05 PM »
Yes Charles, it's not uncommon to have a contestant enter only one event in scale.  The Gee Bee looks to be a terrific subject, go for it!
John 5:24   www.fcmodelers.com

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 08:23:23 PM »
Yes Charles, it's not uncommon to have a contestant enter only one event in scale.  The Gee Bee looks to be a terrific subject, go for it!

"Good" Will Hinton,

OK! I'll take the Gee Bee Z project on. Yes I "will."  !!

Let me finish the Mig-3, then The New American and the Flite Streak.

All of these are framed, the FS and the NA, are covered and not far from paint! But, I must finish this Mig-3 first. It's my destiny.  ;D

Thanks for the reply and interest!

Charles

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here