News:

• May 01, 2024, 06:51:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sport Scale P-51 kit maybe wrong place.  (Read 519 times)

Offline Hoss Cain

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Sport Scale P-51 kit maybe wrong place.
« on: December 09, 2011, 01:24:03 PM »
Somewhere, sometime ago, I remember reading about someone wanting a kit of the P-51 for CL. I never considered getting rid of one at that time, but now I am downsizing a bit so here is an offer. (Mr. Moderator should you decide this belongs in the other forum it will not hurt my feelings.) I picked here because I thought it may be open to more scale CL folks.

I have two of the old House of Balsa P-51 RC kits with the 48" wingspan. I will sell one that has the all-wood fuselage, but not the later version with the Epoxy Glass Fuse. I be uh keepin' that one!  :P

This is not an auction per se, however if someone still wants this kit, easily convertable to CL, I can be talked into it. I will sell the kit for $100.00 post paid delivery, to any purchaser in the 48 states. I'm never going to build it and I have had it for some 25-30 years. Don't expect the box to be a mint collector's item. The kit is for fixed gear but I had two fliers both with retract gear. I had the mount extending to about 3/4" below the wing and the wheels came up to the wing. It looked like "retract" in the air. My bet is that it would work for CL.
The kit has a canopy that is a part of the turtle back all in one piece. It is a tad faded.
 I flew the epoxy glass fuse. one in early RC Scale Warbird Racing. I took Fast Time at one of the St. Louis meets back around 1980. Like allmost all racers, it finally tried to occupy the same airspace as another one. Not good.  '' 
I can be contacted here through PM here or on the AMA Forum. I am out of town next week Tues - Fri.
Horrace Cain
AMA L-93 CD and Leader
New Caney, TX  (NE Houston area)

Advertise Here

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?
Tags:

Advertise Here