News:

• April 27, 2024, 11:05:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: SO...WHAT DO YOU THINK?  (Read 596 times)

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
SO...WHAT DO YOU THINK?
« on: June 16, 2007, 12:09:18 PM »
I know that most of you have received your Fokker D-VII kits. I am sure that there are negative and positive comments about it. I can take it, after all we can not improve the kit if we do not know what you think. REMEMBER if you just do not like it you can send it back for a full refund including $5.00 shipping.
Please be constructive and not destructive in your comments and remember that if there is good things list them too.
Thank you
Larry

Offline Dan Labine

• 2013 Supporter
  • Commander
Re: SO...WHAT DO YOU THINK?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 02:37:13 PM »
Received mine on Thursday. The laser cut parts are really well done.The wood appears to be very good and all the wire parts were well protected in the box. No sign of damage even though the shipping box was in bad shape. Overall I am impressed with the kit and will start it soon. The only downside I see is the instructions. I am used to a bit more detail. I think this is very nice kit of a beautiful aircraft. Thanks..   
Dan
MAAC 14300

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 07:10:36 AM »
         I agree the instructions need to be redone. When we started this kit the instructions on the original plan was:
"FUSELAGE CONSTRUCTION: CUT BOTH SIDES TO SHAPE THEN MOUNT UPRIGHTS. ATTACH BOTH SIDES TOGETHER AT REAR AND ADD TOP AND BOTTOM CROSS MEMBERS. CEMENT BOTTOM IN PLACE, ADD TOP BLOCKS & CARVE TO CROSS SECTION. FORM COWLING, CEMENT MOTOR MOUNTS, ECT."
         So we had a long way to go.
Thank you for your input.
Larry

Offline Dan Labine

• 2013 Supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 01:11:16 PM »
Heck who reads them anyway.. It will take a little time for me to muddle through them but I will get it built. Probably start next week.
Dan
MAAC 14300

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here