News:

• May 02, 2024, 11:16:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Scale update from my workbench  (Read 655 times)

Offline Bill Little

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
Scale update from my workbench
« on: June 23, 2007, 12:46:35 AM »
I have the Sterling kit Gfret Lakes about 80% framed up.  And I have started the repairs of a Sterling Waco I have had for too many years.  I am adding a 3 line BC to it.  I have to build a new top wing. 

Also I am building a 1/2A Scientific hollow log P-47 and TBF!  Thanks to Leroy for the P-47 plans.  Those won't be "contest ships", but they will be MUCh better than the ones from 40 plus years ago! LOL!!

I am looking for to flyig my first three line scale plane. y1
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline L0U CRANE

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
Re: Scale update from my workbench
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 12:37:29 PM »
Bill,

Throttle can be fun! Enjoy!

\BEST\LOU

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 10:21:43 AM »
Bill,

Throttle can be fun! Enjoy!

Hi Lou,

It's funny, but I have never flown a three line set up in over 40 years of doing this! LOL!!  I am really looking forward to it.  I have repaied an old profile carrier plane I was given to work out the engine (LA 40 for the Great Lakes) and technique! ;D
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline L0U CRANE

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 06:11:09 PM »
Bill,

Flew a little profile carrier in the 1970's, while in Omaha. The again in the mid-1980's out here and at one NATS.

Before Gerry Deneau slipped away in 2001, he and I flew together here. He was trying to iron out his profile scale Loving Wayne (inverted gull wing Goodyear type) w/K&B21, and a J.Roberts' Prof Carrier Bearcat w/K&B5.8. (He liked loud and fast engines...) He conned me into hanging 3-line rig on a MidWest Snorky my son had built in the early-1970's. Fox Schneurle BB15. Great fun, and with a bit more sophisticated leadout adjustment, I could probably have "hung" it as is done in Carrier.

Flying solo out here so much of the time, getting the right lines to the right connections involves an irritating anount of walking back and forth before flying is possible. A healthy Carrier model also tends to "walk" around on a stooge plate and face right at you by the time you get out to the center, unless you do something to prevent it. A hefty, heavy rag on the outboard LE, outside the prop blast, worked - more often than not, anyway. At least, now I have a few flying buddies around down here, 70 miles SE of Tucson.  Mebbe things'll bet better?
\BEST\LOU

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here