News:

• April 30, 2024, 07:20:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Scale turn-buckles (pic)  (Read 940 times)

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
    • Fellowship of Christan modelers
Scale turn-buckles (pic)
« on: February 22, 2009, 11:24:30 AM »
While roaming thought Hobby Lobby one day I came across these clips, they look surprisingly like a turnbuckle. You might want to look at this for a future project. I may change over my Waco to these clips.

Blessings
Allen

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Scale turn-buckles (pic)
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 03:07:42 PM »
At $1.47 / 4 - what a deal!    #^
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline Don Curry AMA 267060

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 10:11:05 AM »
You can get many scale fittings from Proctor Enterprises. They use them in their scale WWI kits. and they actually function like the full scale fittings.
Don

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 12:43:03 PM »
It is true that Proctor make turn buckles. In fact, very nice turn buckles but they cost $7.00 a pair. The Eindecker I used to have had 16 to 18 turnbuckles.   n~  n~

@ $0.37 each it looks like these would be great for say a fun scale project. I made my own out of fish swilves and cleaves.  Worked great and were cheep but they looked ugly.  I realize the Hobby Lobby turn buckles don't work as real turn buckles but that problem could be solved some-how.
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 03:03:36 PM »
I made a phone call to Proctor a couple of years ago and asked for there #0 turnbuckle, (I had two laying around in my work shop) and they said they were not producing them anymore because there machines could not hold the tolerance. They are just right for 1/5th or 1/6th scale planes. Maybe they got there act together and are producing them again. Does anyone know for sure?

Blessings
Allen

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2009, 10:10:56 AM »
I made a phone call to Proctor a couple of years ago and asked for there #0 turnbuckle, (I had two laying around in my work shop) and they said they were not producing them anymore because there machines could not hold the tolerance. They are just right for 1/5th or 1/6th scale planes. Maybe they got there act together and are producing them again. Does anyone know for sure?

Blessings
Allen

Tower sells Proctor #2 = 7/8", #3 = 1", #5 = 1-1/8", #6 = 1-1/4", & #7 = 1-3/8".  The only problem I have with them is price.  They run $3.50 to $4.60 each.  My Eindecker had over 20 adding a $100 or so to the cost.  But then it is only hobby money.  What price do we put on FUN!!!

HB~>  HB~>  LL~   LL~   LL~   LL~   LL~   LL~
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2009, 05:53:01 PM »
Yes John, this is a fun hobby and at that price, a $100.00 for just that is going a little far. And besides, with NO FAI C/L scale  competition, no reason to go that far, hum?

Blessings
Allen

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here